Upgrade beverage package ?

Fatfish

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

No. Unfortunately not. 

Phil 

Thanks... I sort of figured that was the case...I guess I will need to see if the TA can use use some of the OBC...

Jeff

We thought about buying the ultimate beverage plan and decided not to do it. If we order a drink that costs extra, we’ll pay by the drink.  Unless you are a heavy drinker, the standard plan with a few extra charges is better.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We thought about buying the ultimate beverage plan and decided not to do it. If we order a drink that costs extra, we’ll pay by the drink.  Unless you are a heavy drinker, the standard plan with a few extra charges is better.

That's also what we do, works fine for us

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redtravel said:

You certainly don’t need to be a “heavy drinker” as you put it to enjoy the Ultimate Package.  What a judgemental and insulting post. If you prefer to drink top shelf alcohol on the trip and have a larger choice of wines then $21.95 per day I think is reasonable value and LCV members get between 5% and 25% discount on top of that. Saves signing those pieces of paper throughout the cruise too.  If I’ve got some OBC to use and fancy treating myself then I’ll buy one and I’m no heavy drinker.🙄

Phil

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I disagree, if you like top shelf spirits, better wine selection, fancy water and Nespresso then the upgrade is a great alternative (especially when you factor in LCV discount). I don't think quantity has anything to do with it, you just get more variety with the UBP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

$21.95 a day for nicer wines and spirits is a relative bargain compared to 1) the overall cruise fare and 2) land prices for a single drink (especially in any major City in the world). The "indulgence" package is a good deal for a longer cruise, at least the one that includes the top tier beverage package and all the other goodies. 

John R.

• Like 1

You don't have to take the upgade both. My wife is not a wine drinker and the include cocktails are fine for her. I don't like most of the included wines. So a nice wine choice, port with the cheese as dessert and something ....... with the coffee after my dinner and the upgrade is a good price then.

Interestingly  - while the premium spirots and wines are a selling point, it is probably the availability of Perrier and Evian and Nespresso on the ultimate package that makes it most attractive. Plus the bonus of not having to think about prices or signing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, laurieb said:

If you happen to prefer champagne over sparkling wine, the beverage package is the way to go.  

I do enjoy most everything and have decided that I will be upgrading for our November cruise...Thanks for your input..

23 hours ago, Pavovsky said:

Interestingly  - while the premium spirots and wines are a selling point, it is probably the availability of Perrier and Evian and Nespresso on the ultimate package that makes it most attractive. Plus the bonus of not having to think about prices or signing. 

Nesspresso is not available on Pursuit

I have a different but related question.  The Essentials -"Experience More Package"   comes with the Premium beverage package.  For many of the reasons stated above we usually go with the Ultimate.  Could we pay the difference in this case?