2022 World Cruise

I just saw the itinerary for 2022's World Cruise and it's entirely in the Pacific; no Europe, North America, South America or Africa. We were thinking that 2022 might be the right time for our big adventure, but it seems weird to call this a world cruise. On the other hand, we've been to very few of these places and are intrigued.

It's not the world cruise I imagined, but what do others think?

Yes, the world cruise title sounds rather odd. In the past, they had a Circle Pacific cruise, but it was shorter than this. That being said, I am somewhat intrigued by the itinerary, even though the first half is quite similar to the 2018 world cruise. Will have to see the pricing.

It looks like a great itinerary, but really is quite a departure, certainly not 'round the world'.  Like an expanded "Ring of Fire" cruise that they did several times about 10 years ago.

SF -> Hawaii -> French Polynesia (extensive) -> NZ -> Aus -> SE Asia -> Japan, then across the top down to Alaska.  120 days.

Quite a diverse wardrobe needed.   I like the fact that Vietnam, Hong Kong and Japan are included, but not sure about going across the top over to Alaska.  In any case, we won't be taking it, ha ha.

But way back when, I always fancied the Ring of Fire itinerary.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 2

Thanks CLO . . . 

I did the same thing.

By the way, a Circle Pacific/Ring of Fire is done occasionally as  a World Cruise . . . Regent has done it is the past to break up the "regular" WC trip.

Thanks . . .Peggy

5 hours ago, drib said:

In the interim, you can see it here:

https://dc.bigdogfoto.com/rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7266

And if anyone is curious about prior world cruises, some of those itineraries are here:

https://dc.bigdogfoto.com/rollcall/rollcall.php?fromdate=2014.01&fromdays=79

You can tinker with the parameters, the above includes other lines, but I wanted you to see that Crystal did a similar Pacific Rim world cruise in 2016.

David, I can't get your link to work; am i doing something wrong?

thanks,

Marc

PS I really have been fancying a Ring of Fire; have done many of the segments but not the whole trip.

edited to add; link worked

Edited by mrlevin

Drib,

I found it - a friend gave me a hint and I found it in my files - 2009 WC on the Voyager and Ring Of Fire on the Mariner . . .

Thanks for your help!

Peggy

PS: No World Cruise on Regent from 2013-2016.

Edited by xrvlcruiser

Looks interesting...but not really a 'World Cruise'.  I'm sure they'll catch some flak for that.

Either way, I'm still working and my dog's just four, so no extended cruises in my immediate future...

1 minute ago, drib said:

Yes, but you're 300 dog years, or so!

(Just being facetious ... we don't do long cruises either because of our dogs.)

Actually, I just counted it out and in dog years - I'm dead...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

When the world cruise is announced/sold - can you but just some segment(s) of it rather than the whole cruise?

Yes, but not for a while, in this case perhaps a year.  But if you have access to the full itinerary, you can perhaps figure out where the segments might be, and think about it.  

46 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Looks interesting...but not really a 'World Cruise'.  I'm sure they'll catch some flak for that.

Sure it is!  Unless they call it an "Around the World" cruise, a lengthy trip like this, that goes lots of places can still be called a WC.  I.e., it doesn't have to 'go around'.

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Sure it is!  Unless they call it an "Around the World" cruise, a lengthy trip like this, that goes lots of places can still be called a WC.  I.e., it doesn't have to 'go around'.

Potayto, potahto.  In my mind, a WC should cover more of the W.  But since I'm not in line for one anytime soon, they could call it a Galaxial Cruise and it wouldn't make any difference to me.  I won't be on it, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Potayto, potahto.  In my mind, a WC should cover more of the W.  But since I'm not in line for one anytime soon, they could call it a Galaxial Cruise and it wouldn't make any difference to me.  I won't be on it, unfortunately.

If you turn the globe in a certain way, the Pacific Ocean covers most of what you can see of the world.

13 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

When the world cruise is announced/sold - can you but just some segment(s) of it rather than the whole cruise?

Kiwifromkiev,

The opening on July 10 is for full World Cruise bookings only.  

At this time, we expect to open up availability for individual segments early next year. 

Technically the 2021 World Cruise isn't an "around the world" cruise either.  It starts in Miami, goes more-or-less West, and ends in Barcelona. I really like Barcelona, and after 120 days would much rather stay there for a few days than do the trans-Atlantic back to Miami.

I don't care what Regent names it; I love the the itinerary.  Great ports (with 17 or so overnights) included and awful ports avoided. I was tempted to switch my 51 nights (3 segments) on the 2021 WC to this but at my age .... "a bird in hand...."

For those that asked about segments - by the time they are available for booking, all the Penthouse Suites will most likely be booked (and with a deep Wait List) and mainly the "tub" Deluxe Suites left (remember it's the Mariner).

Funny, I looked at this itinerary and was so thankful we choose to go 2021. Other then Australia/ New Zealand the 2022 ports are repetitive for us. 2021 only has a handful of repeats for us.  I also like warm places! I do think Regent is so smart to really change things up every year. Few people want the same itinerary on a WC.

5 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I don't care what Regent names it; I love the the itinerary.  Great ports (with 17 or so overnights) included and awful ports avoided. I was tempted to switch my 51 nights (3 segments) on the 2021 WC to this but at my age .... "a bird in hand...."

I agree, it's a great itinerary.  I could make an argument for switching from our full 2021 WC booking, but our age trumps all of that--not willing to wait another year or it might just be too late :classic_cool:.  I do like the idea of some cooler weather ports, but not keen on going to China (political reasons), nor keen on doing the Bering Sea.  But Japan would be great, and we've so far missed VIetnam as well.