Liquor Onboard

bayoubabies

I know that Celebrity allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard when you arrive. My question is...can you buy a bottle of liquor at the onboard liquor store to have in your cabin. I'm sure there would be a up charge of some kind, but is it allowed? We don't won't the drink package...we really don't drink that much and will pay as we go, but it might me nice to have a bottle in our room. Sorry if this question has been asked before, I seem to be having a problem doing any searching on this site. 

you can order one for onboard consumption, it's under the gifts on the website. NOT CHEAP by any means...like $100 - $120 a bottle and a couple of mixers. You cannot just go and buy one from the store.

Edited by Cruise Junky

There is one exception that could be interesting.   If you are doing a B2B and purchase liquor on first cruise it will be delivered to you last night of cruise.    You then already have it in your cabin for the 2nd cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something that has been reported recently, perhaps as a significant number of people now have some kind of drinks package, is that when people have brought drinks in a port aboard security has been less concerned with confiscating their purchases (returned at the end of the cruise).

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There is one exception that could be interesting.   If you are doing a B2B and purchase liquor on first cruise it will be delivered to you last night of cruise.    You then already have it in your cabin for the 2nd cruise.  

Good deal! :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, bayoubabies said:

I know that Celebrity allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard when you arrive. My question is...can you buy a bottle of liquor at the onboard liquor store to have in your cabin. I'm sure there would be a up charge of some kind, but is it allowed? We don't won't the drink package...we really don't drink that much and will pay as we go, but it might me nice to have a bottle in our room. Sorry if this question has been asked before, I seem to be having a problem doing any searching on this site. 

Is there a bottle size specification for the wine? Do you pay a corkage fee if you consume it in your stateroom?

21 minutes ago, cloverose said:

Is there a bottle size specification for the wine? Do you pay a corkage fee if you consume it in your stateroom?

Just a normal size bottle and no charge to have it in our cabin. It has to be unopend and have the original seal.

22 minutes ago, cloverose said:

I think it's limited to a standard wine bottle - 750ml.  No corkage if consumed in your stateroom, or if you pour yourself a glass in your cabin and take it with you

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did a B2B last year and the liquor store had a list of all B2B passengers and the liquor purchased on the 1st leg wasn’t returned until the end of both cruises.  

I ordered a bottle for our room. More expensive than a regular bottle at home, but cheaper than having a night cap at the bar each night and we can enjoy it by ourselves instead of being with lots of other people. Going to the bar is fun...sometimes, but a private party is better other times. We board on Sunday...looking forward to relaxing and enjoying Bermuda. If you want to see what we're up to you can follow along on our blog. http://sscruisingadventure.blogspot.com/

If you are sailing out of Barcelona you can bring any liquor wine or beer onboard if you purchase it at the terminal in the duty free after the security checkpoint.

Although the rules say you can not, nobody on the boat will check your goods because you have gone thru security already,

Drink for thought...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, darren42 said:

If you are sailing out of Barcelona you can bring any liquor wine or beer onboard if you purchase it at the terminal in the duty free after the security checkpoint.

Although the rules say you can not, nobody on the boat will check your goods because you have gone thru security already,

Drink for thought...

I noticed the same thing on the past couple cruises, mostly in Europe.   A number of ports had a duty free shop after security but before getting on the ship.  There was no additional security before boarding the ship.   I saw a number of passengers purchase booze and stick it in their backpacks and were never challenged on boarding the ship.  

• Like 1