Fitness Center Hours

First cruise ever next week, on Serenade of the Seas.  Noted that the fitness center seems to open at 6AM.  Way too late for me. 😀 Any chance the doors are open or can be opened earlier (5?)

5 minutes ago, jannan said:

First cruise ever next week, on Serenade of the Seas.  Noted that the fitness center seems to open at 6AM.  Way too late for me. 😀 Any chance the doors are open or can be opened earlier (5?)

If the posted time to open is 6am then it will not be open or staffed before then

Edited by GTO-Girl

22 minutes ago, jannan said:

6 a.m. Can't stay up that late. LOL

11 hours ago, jannan said:

You could go to the gym before you go out for the evening, instead of right before you go to bed at 5:00

11 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

6 a.m. Can't stay up that late. LOL

Ha!  I'm 25+years of getting up at 0430 without an alarm.  I doubt that'll change for a cruise.  I'll check out the jogging track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jannan said:

Ha!  I'm 25+years of getting up at 0430 without an alarm.  I doubt that'll change for a cruise.  I'll check out the jogging track.

You might also give the gym/spa entrance a try.  Sometimes, even if the doors are closed, they are open as the crew has access to the gym.  I've walked into ship gyms at 6:05AM there are people there 20 minutes + into their treads or bikes.

12 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I too wished they opened earlier.  On my last Celebrity cruise in March they changed the policy to 24 hours and it was great. 

I think if you are swiping with your SeaPass it shouldn't matter.  Have it locked and you swipe to get in.  You'll always have your card.  Could make it 24hours or 18hours to allow cleaning, etc.

8 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

I think if you are swiping with your SeaPass it shouldn't matter.  Have it locked and you swipe to get in.  You'll always have your card.  Could make it 24hours or 18hours to allow cleaning, etc.

Some fitness centers are over rooms. Treadmills on some ships are not even turned on until 7am. I've seen idiots drop weights like they're at 24 Hr Fitness. 6am is fine for me. It's vacation. But my wife and I will sometimes do boydweight workouts on a quiet corner near the jogging track where we can do some exercises and mix in some cardio.