Jamie's outside seating on Anthem

I was thinking it would be nice to eat there first night...watching NY slip away, then the sun disappear, then the stars come out.  Guess we'll just sit at a window and watch through the outdoor seating area 😉

Maybe we'll go to Coastal first night instead...I don't know.

The biggest complaint I have with Anthem is once you go inside...there isn't much to remind you that you are at sea.

Edited by dodgestang

9 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

The biggest complaint I have with Anthem is once you go inside...there isn't much to remind you that you are at sea.

Same on Oasis class ships.

11 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Get a balcony cabin, order room service and watch NYC disappear, the sun go down and the stars appear. 

I already have all that.  I like the 'service' or 'flow' of eating out.  Apps, dinner, dessert, bottle of wine, cappuccinos....hard to recreate that even with the rooms I pay for.

Edited by dodgestang

Sounds like you like the same rooms we do.  It is hard to give up the good service.  We also asked about the outdoor eating area and were told they seldom use it because of wind issues so we just sit by a window while we enjoy Jamies.

On our Anthem sailing in May, there was never anyone sitting out there and it always looked "closed" so I guess that is why....it was a 9-day and we were only docked in Bermuda for the day.  If you want to eat al fresco, try the WJ, as there is outside seating in the back!  I love the concept of outside dining on the open sea, but just seems to always be too windy for me to truly enjoy the experience.

Edited by SuiteLady

My room 6264 was directly above Jamies. Seating outside wasn't used the entire 9 days. As a matter of fact the restaurant was dead all week. We approached in the Royal Esplanade  by a waiter who offered 25% off. Since we were considering eating there we accepted the offer. 2 days later another waiter approached us in Two 70 and offered us 30% off for 3 in the party and 40% off for my wife who was celebrating her birthday that week. It was for the last night of the cruise. We accepted the offer but canceled it since we decided we didn't want to eat there again.  We enjoyed the restaurant but after thinking about it we just didn't want to pay to eat there twice on the same sailing.  We were not offered any discount for Chops or Wonderland so I guess those are popular.

6 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Sounds like you like the same rooms we do.  It is hard to give up the good service.  We also asked about the outdoor eating area and were told they seldom use it because of wind issues so we just sit by a window while we enjoy Jamies.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of traveling with smokers. The smoking section on the other side of the ship has the same glass inclosed  area as Jamies. It could use a good strong wind to blow through there. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I wonder if that's also true for the Magic Carpet on X Edge class.

Or Wonderland, it is missing after the Allure and Oasis dry dock.  Thank god they are keeping the Bionic Bar, always need some waste of space to make fun of. Maybe the bionic bar is the new reading room after the library is scraped for cabin space. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Or Wonderland, it is missing after the Allure and Oasis dry dock.  Thank god they are keeping the Bionic Bar, always need some waste of space to make fun of. Maybe the bionic bar is the new reading room after the library is scraped for cabin space. 

I don’t think that Oasis and Allure will be true tests for Wonderland as there were issues putting it in the old DL.

The  true test will be whether Melody  has it.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Meh....I ate at wonderland....I was happy when I got a call that I had to take which pulled me away for from the table and I missed most of it.   The apps were....interesting....but not to my palette...and for the rest of the family they were like "meh" one and done.  So even though we return to the ship....we won't ever return to that venue.