Laundry

unccruzer

Detergent is included.

See the following threads for more information (including pictures):

Laundry question? 

Self ServeLaundry aboard Viking Ocean Ships 

and also in Tips for New Viking Ocean Cruisers

On the other hand if you are asking about the laundry service. Someone recently posted a price list and I will post a link as soon as I find it.

Is therelaundry service on Viking Sky

Edited by Peregrina651

Here is a laundry price list from January, 2018. Someone had posted a more recent price list but the price are fairly similar.

As you can see, only the big stuff gets sent out. We do the rest by hand or in the launderette

enhance

21 hours ago, mhb1757 said:

Nothing if you walk it down to the machines and toss it in 😂

This is true unless you also toss in your cell phone  as I did on the Star in April.  Then of course you have the expense of a new phone when you get home!  I guess therapy worked as I am finally able to tell the tale! In the moment, VERY stressful! 

1 hour ago, Ready to Sail! said:

This is true unless you also toss in your cell phone  as I did on the Star in April.  Then of course you have the expense of a new phone when you get home!  I guess therapy worked as I am finally able to tell the tale! In the moment, VERY stressful! 

Oh, no! That's terrible.

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2019 at 9:04 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Here is a laundry price list from January, 2018. Someone had posted a more recent price list but the price are fairly similar.

As you can see, only the big stuff gets sent out. We do the rest by hand or in the launderette

enhance

Are the prices listed here for both Ocean and River cruises?   Have a river cruise booked and unsure how much laundry will be.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, Triptkr said:

Are the prices listed here for both Ocean and River cruises?   Have a river cruise booked and unsure how much laundry will be.

River pricing is different. River cruising has its own forum, River Cruising, and that is the place to look for an answer. 

If I want a shirt ironed for dinner that night, if I give it to my room steward in the morning, will I have it back that afternoon?

How long does it take to get laundry (full laundering, not just pressing) back?  Again, if I give it to my steward in the morning, will I have it by the next afternoon?

And how does Viking do for laundry?  Should I worry they're going to shrink everything?  I remember getting micro socks back from Princess!

2 hours ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

If I want a shirt ironed for dinner that night, if I give it to my room steward in the morning, will I have it back that afternoon?

How long does it take to get laundry (full laundering, not just pressing) back?  Again, if I give it to my steward in the morning, will I have it by the next afternoon?

And how does Viking do for laundry?  Should I worry they're going to shrink everything?  I remember getting micro socks back from Princess!

Haven't used the pressing only service.

We left the bag(s) in the cabin for the cabin steward, as we went for breakfast. He picked them up from the laundry next the day, as he turned-to for his evening shift, so we had the box and hangers delivered to the cabin normally around 17:00.

I experienced Princess laundry for many years and note they were very proficient at destroying uniform shirts. We were very pleased with the Viking laundry, which we used for about 3 weeks.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

Same day service for an additional 50%: Picked up by 9am, returned by 7pm

Regular service: Picked up by 9am, returned next day by 7pm.

We send out laundry on our latest trip and it was back, next day by 7pm (sometimes earlier but always by the time we spiffied up for dinner).

The service was good---but be aware that I believe they wash in hot water.

Anything that I was afraid would be shrunk, I had dry-cleaned instead.

I may have had bad luck, but I found the dry cleaning pretty harsh on silks--a couple blouses were considerably faded. Everything else fared quite well.

The prices were really quite reasonable. We figured we spent maybe $20 per day? Small price to pay to not spend any vacation time in a laundry room.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, broker1217 said:

The service was good---but be aware that I believe they wash in hot water.

Anything that I was afraid would be shrunk, I had dry-cleaned instead.

I may have had bad luck, but I found the dry cleaning pretty harsh on silks--a couple blouses were considerably faded. Everything else fared quite well.

The prices were really quite reasonable. We figured we spent maybe $20 per day? Small price to pay to not spend any vacation time in a laundry room.

I requested on my laundry slip that my things be washed in cold water and dried on low. No idea if they complied but nothing that I sent in shrank and the stuff I sent is stuff that I usually do not put into the dryer. So far, I have never has any trouble with any of the clothing that I have sent to the laundry.

• Like 1

I have not seen the laundry on Viking ships but on other ships I have seen the washers are massive.  I wonder if Viking has a few "normal" sized units in the laundry for just what you describe.  Having seen the laundry on bigger ships where they put each passengers items in a net bag and toss in with many others we have never used them since.  Hopefully, like in most areas, Viking does it better.  Anyone seen Viking's laundry?

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I have not seen the laundry on Viking ships but on other ships I have seen the washers are massive.  I wonder if Viking has a few "normal" sized units in the laundry for just what you describe.  Having seen the laundry on bigger ships where they put each passengers items in a net bag and toss in with many others we have never used them since.  Hopefully, like in most areas, Viking does it better.  Anyone seen Viking's laundry?

Jim - just realised I didn't have a camera with me for our impromptu tour of the laundry facility. They had 3 large capacity machines capable of handling about 200 lbs and a smaller machine of about 130 lbs.

They do endeavour to follow any instructions written on the laundry sheet. Items that were requested not to be heat dried, were hung on hangars.

• Like 1

The laundry tour is even better than the kitchen or bridge tour.  Ask at the Customer Service desk to join it.  The crew will have their picture taken with you and have it delivered to your cabin.  They do an amazing job and deserve kudos and thanks.

• Like 3