Best Price Guarantee on Excursions

lottiegreen56

Has anyone used the Best Price Guarantee on excursions before? We don't normally book through the cruise line but there is one we are really interested in. I see it through another vendor for around $35 less. Just trying to figure out if it is worth the hassle and worth the risk.

Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. ANYTHING different could void that guarantee. My example:  we booked an ATV trip in Puerto Rico through Carnival.  I found it online for a lot cheaper if we just reserved with the same place. Carnival did not consider it a match because they included transportation and the price at the place did not.  We could have used public transportation  (or a cab) and still saved a lot. I understood that the excursions were not EXACTLY the same so I didn't bother to argue. Turns out we skipped Puerto Rico to avoid a hurricane so it didn't matter anyway.  

5 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. ANYTHING different could void that guarantee. My example:  we booked an ATV trip in Puerto Rico through Carnival.  I found it online for a lot cheaper if we just reserved with the same place. Carnival did not consider it a match because they included transportation and the price at the place did not.  We could have used public transportation  (or a cab) and still saved a lot. I understood that the excursions were not EXACTLY the same so I didn't bother to argue. Turns out we skipped Puerto Rico to avoid a hurricane so it didn't matter anyway.  

Did you try to get it approved before the cruise or during? The tour is 90 through a company and 125 through funship freddy. I don't want to to overpay but there's a chance of it being approved. This tour seems to be the exact same thing. 

28 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Did you try to get it approved before the cruise or during? The tour is 90 through a company and 125 through funship freddy. I don't want to to overpay but there's a chance of it being approved. This tour seems to be the exact same thing. 

I submitted the request before we cruised and it was denied.

We were able to get it for the Harrison Caves in Barbados.

The only difference I saw was that the private vendor said they would pick you up at your hotel. I e-mailed them and they said they would also pick you up at your cruise ship. I made sure to make sure that Carnival knew this last fact.

I have successfully priced matched several times.  

(1) You must book the Carnival excursion before attempting to price match (I know, but a lot of people miss this important point.).

(2) The excursions must either match exactly or the outside excursion must offer something in addition to what Carnival offers.

(3) If your price match is denied, try again.  I've had it approved on a 2nd or 3rd submission.

(4) If all else fails, cancel the Carnival excursion and book the private one.  As long as you cancel prior to sailing, Carnival excursions are 100% refundable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HerbertandB said:

We were able to get it with the Belize Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion.  Saved us almost $50/person.

Do you remember the private company that does the same excursion as Carnival?  I haven't been able to find it.

19 hours ago, HerbertandB said:

We were able to get it with the Belize Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion.  Saved us almost $50/person.

Carnival price $110. Site posted price $85. Does the Carnival price vary depending on ship or date?

@2wheelin Back when we got the price match, the non-Carnival exclusion was $75.00 so Carnival's price must have been almost $125.00.   It  looks like Carnival has a discount going on it right now for the $110.00 so the price hasn't changed.  https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/lamanai-mayan-ruins-and-river-boat-safari-with-lunch-509098

The only problem with price match is you have to take Carnivals overcrowded and expensive excursions. There are probably only 3 vendors doing each excursion. We always dive in Grand Turk with 4-6 divers on a private dive. Carnivals dive boat had at least 25 divers of all different dive levels, IMHO, this is not safe. PADI requires one dive master per 6 divers. I seriously doubt Carnival boat had 4 dive masters.

1 hour ago, HerbertandB said:

@2wheelin Back when we got the price match, the non-Carnival exclusion was $75.00 so Carnival's price must have been almost $125.00.   It  looks like Carnival has a discount going on it right now for the $110.00 so the price hasn't changed.  https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/lamanai-mayan-ruins-and-river-boat-safari-with-lunch-509098

Ahh. Thanks. I only had the price and not the link showing a sale. Good to know they sometimes reduce prices.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:43 PM, HerbertandB said:

After closer look, I am wondering if the price match you suggested would work. Carnival exc says “speedboat for 30 minute ride on the new river lagoon”. That does not sound like what I have heard it was previously or the site you posted. 

Maybe we will just go to Xuantunich if the river portion has changed for Lamanai.

Anyone taken either of these excursions recently and can comment?

On 8/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, lottiegreen56 said:

You have to submit the price match request at least 7 days prior to your cruise. I have received a couple matches. They give you OBC to be used on board, for 110% of the price difference. And as it has already been stated, everything has to match exactly.