Do you bring any creature comforts?

calicakes

7 hours ago, aml3679 said:

No, my husband used to accuse me of overpacking.  These days, I pack light.  Extras, besides clothing, I bring magnetic hooks for bathsuits and towels, 2 blow up footstools for the balcony.

They don't provide foot stools? 

23 minutes ago, 39august said:

There is sugar free syrup at Cafe Al Bacio. No reason to bring your own. I do bring more shoes than I need. Love shoes! As far as snacks, I always have cashews in my carry on for flights and airport waiting. If you ask for bar snacks you will be given some nice, crispy munchies at least at the inside bars on S class ships that I have been on. 

Good to know.  I like more than a few "pumps".  

59 minutes ago, MCKC said:

Silk pillowcase, Dyson hairdryer and all my toiletries!!

You think like I do.  That Dyson hairdryer is heavy too.  I'm a product junkie.  We're also a same sex female couple so we use a lot of stuff.  We like to do sheet masks at night and deep condition our hair after a pool day. LOL.   

I don't feel like I should leave my "stuff" at home just because I'm on vacation.  I want it with me.  I don't need to buy disposable souvenirs so I don't need extra room in my suitcase.  We're AQ so we don't need dress up clothes for "formal" nights.  My clothes are all in the same color family so I only need to bring 2 pairs of shoes.  I don't eat large portions of food, so if I want some real maple syrup on my 1 pancake in the morning, I'm going to bring it.  To each their own I guess. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

If I wanted to recreate my home environment I would just stay there.  Fine with what is provided on the ship.

If I was trying to recreate my home environment, I'd bring my CAL King bed and my two standard poodles.     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, calicakes said:

If I was trying to recreate my home environment, I'd bring my CAL King bed and my two standard poodles.     

Now don't be greedy with those standards!  My beloved George died two years ago and I miss him still.  When you're ready to get rid of one of them let me know and I'll be there to pick him up.  I know, I could find a good breeder and get another puppy, but I'm getting too old to start training a pup, and besides, all my kids have more than one dog, so what will I do with a young dog???  I've looked at rescue sites and haven't found a mature standard.  So just asking......

3 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Now don't be greedy with those standards!  My beloved George died two years ago and I miss him still.  When you're ready to get rid of one of them let me know and I'll be there to pick him up.  I know, I could find a good breeder and get another puppy, but I'm getting too old to start training a pup, and besides, all my kids have more than one dog, so what will I do with a young dog???  I've looked at rescue sites and haven't found a mature standard.  So just asking......

I'm sorry, I'm tearing up at the though of you( and me) without my boys.  They are both almost 3.  Toby (red)will be 3 in December, Sully( black) will be 3 in January.  I bought Toby as a puppy from a breeder and then found Sully on the FB group, standard poodle rescue and rehome.  There are so many standards available in FL right now.  Check it out.  There is a black male that has been in rescue for over 2yrs!!   This is actually the worst part of cruising, that I can't take them with me.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I'm sorry, I'm tearing up at the though of you( and me) without my boys.  They are both almost 3.  Toby (red)will be 3 in December, Sully( black) will be 3 in January.  I bought Toby as a puppy from a breeder and then found Sully on the FB group, standard poodle rescue and rehome.  There are so many standards available in FL right now.  Check it out.  There is a black male that has been in rescue for over 2yrs!!   This is actually the worst part of cruising, that I can't take them with me.  

Can you give me a link to the rescue group?  The ones I've found have been limited with literally no standards!  Georgie Porgie was also black, and weighed 65 pounds.  What a love he was (but as my daughter always said, he was a very needy boy, always missing his mom when I went on vacations.  But thank God for my kids, I never had to board him!)

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Can you give me a link to the rescue group?  The ones I've found have been limited with literally no standards!  Georgie Porgie was also black, and weighed 65 pounds.  What a love he was (but as my daughter always said, he was a very needy boy, always missing his mom when I went on vacations.  But thank God for my kids, I never had to board him!)

Here is the group on FB.  I counted 7 Standards available in Florida.  I stopped counting.  There is a black at a sanctuary in Tampa.  He's 11 and pulling at my heart strings. 

https://www.*****/454921194526266/

It appears I can't link it.  Search on Facebook for this. Standard Poodle Rescues And Rehomes

Edited by calicakes
fix link
  • Like 1

I always thought I overpacked until I read the stuff some of you bring.😂. I bring my own shampoo, etc. and if we are not flying I will bring my own hair dryer but I’m not dragging “the comforts of home” with me.   If I had to lug pillows, blankets, maple syrup, etc. with me, I think it would be easier to stay home.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Here is the group on FB.  I counted 7 Standards available in Florida.  I stopped counting.  There is a black at a sanctuary in Tampa.  He's 11 and pulling at my heart strings. 

https://www.*****/454921194526266/

It appears I can't link it.  Search on Facebook for this. Standard Poodle Rescues And Rehomes

Going to FB right now!  Thanks calicakes!

8 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I always thought I overpacked until I read the stuff some of you bring.😂. I bring my own shampoo, etc. and if we are not flying I will bring my own hair dryer but I’m not dragging “the comforts of home” with me.   If I had to lug pillows, blankets, maple syrup, etc. with me, I think it would be easier to stay home.😂

Sherri🙂

Its not like I'm lugging a gallon of maple syrup.  I pour some into a 2oz bottle.  There are some people who buy "fake" sun tan lotion/shampoo/conditioner bottles that are made to smuggle on liquor. 

I have memories of family vacations in the late 1950's when Dad would pack the car with pots and pans, bedding, clothes, games,  and laundry soaps. There was barely had enough room in the backseat for us kids.  That was their idea of living it up in the Catskills or Adirondacks. Years later, when Mom  would reminisce she'd say they were nuts for bringing all that stuff with them.

Probably why I pack light today.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 2

I am a spa sloth. I like to bring scrubs, masques, and sun screen to use in the steam rooms, saunas, and fancy spa showers. I do buy a spa treatment of two, but I really like to bring the goodies that make just lounging in the spa especially indulgent. 

Oh! I almost forgot - It's a bit silly, but I also bring a bottle of bubbles. Its my little tradition to blow bubbles from the veranda at sail-away.

• Like 2

Nope.  Not me.  Extra space is reserved for two things: loafers...and blazers!

(But we might knock on your door to borrow duct tape!😉)

Always wanted to be able to cruise with our Corgi.   Alas, twas not to be. Hubble went over the rainbow bridge 5 years ago.  Like GeorgesGal, we are looking for another rescue, and will look in earnest after our next cruise.

(Imagine all we'd have to pack for a dog!  Fresh kibble, a dog bed, even though he'd sleep with us, a slew of "favorite" dog toys, three kinds of different treats for variety, several leashes, poop bags, brushes, lint brushes, doggie foul weather and swim gear, water from home in enough quantities that he didn't have to drink "strange" water, the list goes on.  I'd end up with one outfit and a swimsuit if I was lucky!)

Andrew

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

Nope.  Not me.  Extra space is reserved for two things: loafers...and blazers!

(But we might knock on your door to borrow duct tape!😉)

Always wanted to be able to cruise with our Corgi.   Alas, twas not to be. Hubble went over the rainbow bridge 5 years ago.  Like GeorgesGal, we are looking for another rescue, and will look in earnest after our next cruise.

(Imagine all we'd have to pack for a dog!  Fresh kibble, a dog bed, even though he'd sleep with us, a slew of "favorite" dog toys, three kinds of different treats for variety, several leashes, poop bags, brushes, lint brushes, doggie foul weather and swim gear, water from home in enough quantities that he didn't have to drink "strange" water, the list goes on.  I'd end up with one outfit and a swimsuit if I was lucky!)

Andrew

Reading this has just had me in tears again. 

We we had to say goodbye to my precious girl Roxy on Wednesday, I’m heartbroken. She was 10 yrs 6 months and she was my best friend. The pain is palpable. I think it’s been made worse by the fact that it was all so sudden. From enjoying our daily walk across the fields where we live, she suddenly became ill in the afternoon. Blood test confirmed kidney failure. 😢😢

we we had our vet come to the house on Wednesday, we’ve cried buckets. The house feels so empty and she is missed so much. 

89DCBAC7-ADA9-491A-9A86-A566F6CB6710.jpeg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Huskydo said:

We we had to say goodbye to my precious girl Roxy on Wednesday, I’m heartbroken. She was 10 yrs 6 months and she was my best friend. The pain is palpable. I think it’s been made worse by the fact that it was all so sudden. From enjoying our daily walk across the fields where we live, she suddenly became ill in the afternoon. Blood test confirmed kidney failure. 😢😢

we we had our vet come to the house on Wednesday, we’ve cried buckets. The house feels so empty and she is missed so much. 

What a beautiful girl. I am sorry for your loss. 

Edited by bermadu22
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huskydo said:

So sorry to hear of your loss.