The Magic of Majesty. August 19, 2019 5 Nights, Bahamas

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So you are paying the current price on top of the price you already paid for original ticket? So that,s like canceling a day or 2 before flight and buying a ticket  at current price............not  such a nice deal then if it has to be bought.....

You pay the fare difference to the best rate available that day at that moment which rarely is the cheap "Get Away" fares.

I sat at Hobby airport in Houston for 6 hours before I was A-List because the standby fee was very high, more that what my Get Away fare was for the flight.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Soon after boarding in my window seat I looked out and saw my bag going into the belly of plane.  Twenty five minutes later my luck continued when the door of the plane closed with the only empty middle seat on the whole plane being right beside me.  Phew.  

Quick, go buy lottery tickets!!!!

• Like 1

With our first cruise being the Holiday, small ships tend to be our favorites. I've done 2 on Empress and Love the "Small ship with the Big heart". Crew have been among the best I've had the privilege to sail with - Aurelio on Deck 8 and Wei Wei in the MDR... the Best!!

With your review, I'm really looking forward to our 9/2 sailing on Majesty. Thank you for all the effort you've put into your reviews... and your beautiful pictures. Clear skies and Calm seas!

Thanks so much for posting this review and information. I'll be on a 5 nighter coming up. I've been a little apprehensive given that the ship is older but I am looking forward to it. Like you, I think that no day traveling (including on the sea) is a bad day. While the ship definitely looks a bit dated, I still think it will be a good time. 

All of your pics of the ease of walking around near the ocean views are very helpful. I do think that if I go on a ship, I want to see the ocean and feel like I am out at sea. It looks like MOTS has that as do many of the smaller ships. Larger ships look like they have some beautiful spaces, but to be able to walk around and admire the ocean easily, it looks like smaller ships are great.

The comparison between Empress and Majesty is helpful. Empress will be moving nearer to me. If I get the chance, I'll consider it. My friends who are willing to cruise prefer smaller ships themselves. 

On 8/23/2019 at 7:23 AM, twangster said:

On top of $212 in OBC for this being a cancelled Cuba cruise I discovered another $50 in OBC on my account that must be from my TA.  I'm actually having trouble spending it all.

So, are you just trying to use up your $212 OBC as a choice?  I thought the OBC for cancelling Cuba was refundable.  I'm on Majesty shortly and just worried my understanding is wrong.

Loved the review, pictures and information.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

So, are you just trying to use up your $212 OBC as a choice?  I thought the OBC for cancelling Cuba was refundable.  I'm on Majesty shortly and just worried my understanding is wrong.

Loved the review, pictures and information.

Thanks!

Correct.  Since I already paid it out, it becomes play money for me.

Truth is I always buy a few drinks, sometimes a logo shirt, sometimes an ice cream.  It also covered my auto gratuities.  

I could have avoided buying anything and received a refund but there is no fun in that.  :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Correct.  Since I already paid it out, it becomes play money for me.

Truth is I always buy a few drinks, sometimes a logo shirt, sometimes an ice cream.  It also covered my auto gratuities.  

I could have avoided buying anything and received a refund but there is no fun in that.  :classic_biggrin:

Totally understand that.  I hope our refund will be about double yours.  Someone (not me) in my cabin would spend it all in the spa if allowed.  We are going to try to get it back to help offset some of the cost of our holiday B2B JS this year. 

But, never fear, she'll get a massage on the beach in Costa Maya.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this review.  I've just booked hubby and I on the Majesty for next year because we love leaving out of New Orleans.  I was a bit worried since it's a smaller ship with only a single pool, but from your review it'll feel more like being at sea than the big ships do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this review and your BEAUTIFUL pictures.  Your review has made me much more excited for my upcoming cruise. I’ve sailed three times on the Disney Magic and twice on the Norwegian Escape. Loved the former hated the latter. I think the Majesty is going to feel much more like the Disney Magic did.  I think I definitely like the smaller ships.

Now my only concern is if we’re going to be disappointed that it’s not going to be quite as warm as we might like in the Bahamas in February. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 2:27 PM, twangster said:

Café Latte-tudes menus

c10Vq4z.jpg

t1PfbYv.jpg

I’m a newbie to RCCL.  Am I understanding correctly . . . The Deluxe Beverage Package would include the drinks at Latte-Tudes?  But the Deluxe Beverage Package would NOT include the shakes at Ben & Jerry’s?

Thank you!