What is generally worn in the night clubs?

reeinaz

I'm sailing on the Valor in December and am curious about what people (women especially) wear in the club at night. I've searched and have seen the usual answer is "you will see a bit of everything". But I'd like to know what the typical dress is like, if there is a typical. Does it look like people dressed specifically for the club, wore what they wore to the MDR for dinner, wore what they wore in the more casual dining areas for dinner, that sort of thing. I would normally wear a club dress if going to a club on shore. But that's more because that's what is generally worn rather than my desire to wear it. I know I can pretty much wear what I want, but I don't want to feel out of place by being either over or underdressed. If it matters, I'm in my mid-40s

Thanks

18 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I'm sailing on the Valor in December and am curious about what people (women especially) wear in the club at night. I've searched and have seen the usual answer is "you will see a bit of everything". But I'd like to know what the typical dress is like, if there is a typical. Does it look like people dressed specifically for the club, wore what they wore to the MDR for dinner, wore what they wore in the more casual dining areas for dinner, that sort of thing. I would normally wear a club dress if going to a club on shore. But that's more because that's what is generally worn rather than my desire to wear it. I know I can pretty much wear what I want, but I don't want to feel out of place by being either over or underdressed. If it matters, I'm in my mid-40s

Thanks

Since people will be wearing all sorts - some will dress up, some will wear shorts, etc., just wear what makes you comfortable and you will not be out of place because there will be others the same regardless.

That is why the correct answer is as you stated above "you will see a bit of everything." That means there is no reason to feel out of place.

Edited by amyotravel

The last couple of times we have gone our entire group was in shorts because that is what we all had on.  You will see a little bit of everything.  There were plenty of people in shorts and also in dresses.  You will be fine in whatever you choose.

I second "no norm".  While some people stay in their nice dinner outfit, there is no such thing as "dressing up to go clubbing", like on land.  People just wear whatever, like they would to a dive bar, even though the nightclub has the usual colored lights, a dance floor, and overpriced cocktails.  Shorts and T-shirts are very common.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

landlockedcruiser…. I love the response "like they would to a dive bar".  Sounds great to me!!  This is what I love about cruising, we are all on vacation!  I always tell people who ask me about cruising that it is the most fun because every single person on the ship is on vacation.  No one is there for business, for a funeral, etc.  We are all there for fun, relaxing, eating, exploring, etc...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Thanks

Since you're on a cruise ship, the best answer would be "cruise casual". So, basically what you might wear if you're going to lunch at the buffet, or a deck party on the Lido deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lasvegascruising said:

landlockedcruiser…. I love the response "like they would to a dive bar".  Sounds great to me!!  This is what I love about cruising, we are all on vacation!  I always tell people who ask me about cruising that it is the most fun because every single person on the ship is on vacation.  No one is there for business, for a funeral, etc.  We are all there for fun, relaxing, eating, exploring, etc...

I share that mindset too.  I noticed that the women in the ship's nightclubs are way friendlier than in most land nightclubs I've been to.  I never got a bad reaction when asking a woman to dance: an enthusiastic yes or a polite no.  As for dressing up, I draw the line wearing shorts and a T-shirt to dinner and shows.  For the few hours a day those activities take place, I want to dress nice.  But once the dinner ends and the show gets out, the dive bar outfit comes on.

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

Since you're on a cruise ship, the best answer would be "cruise casual". So, basically what you might wear if you're going to lunch at the buffet, or a deck party on the Lido deck.

Excellent analogy!  That's how I've been dressing for the ship's nightclub.  Although I usually wore gym shoes, rather than pool slippers or sandals.  It's very difficult to do partner dancing in open-toed shoes without those shoes falling off.  Or worse, the woman accidentally stepping on my bare feet.  (Yow!)

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I think we tend to be dressier in general in my area of the US than a lot of places. What I wear to dive bars is more along the line of smart casual because I usually go after work but I dress down a bit that day for the bar.

Ok. So I won't be "dressing" for the club. I plan on wearing dress shorts w/ a blouse or summer dresses for dinner (except for elegant night of course :classic_cool:). Barring any spills, I will likely wear that to the club. Even though the outfits I wear during the day would be fine, I really would feel underdressed and feel the need to pretend that I just popped in as I was passing by :classic_tongue:

• Like 1