Miami cruise port hotels?

don731

9 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

When flying in from LA, I stay the night at the Airport Marriott courtyard ..They pick up free from the airport   The next day take a cab to the port....$20.      Downtown is a mixed bag of good and bad.... with lots of bad......  Living in Chicago I am surprised you find Miami hotels expensive....last stay in Chicago   in Feb  it was hard to get a hotel under $400 a night.

Just looking for the best value.  We usually leave from Lauderdale. 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:48 AM, don731 said:

Best hotel to stay in the night before embarking?  Biscayne hotels are pretty expensive in February. 😀

How much do you consider is expensive?

That might help filter out hotel recommendations that are above your budget.  And not to waste your time looking at.  Yes?

37 minutes ago, Mpj11 said:

We are traveling with 4 kids under 8 & need hotel recommendation with shuttle service from airport & to port. Uber's & taxis won't work since we are not bringing car seats. 

we stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell.  Very nice area in the financial district downtown.  Free breakfast and shuttle to the port for $8 per person....

Edited by GTO-Girl

11 hours ago, Mpj11 said:

We are traveling with 4 kids under 8 & need hotel recommendation with shuttle service from airport & to port. Uber's & taxis won't work since we are not bringing car seats. 

Welcome to the boards. 😎

You might search on the family cruise board to see what solutions others with children found.

The airline will check car seats for free if you choose not to use them on the flight; Amazon, Target and others sell travel booster seats (some are even inflatable!) that don't take up much room.  Good luck! 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, ICT lineman said:

"ORV"

Comfort Suites MIA aiport

2+ block walk to dinner at Tom's NFL Sports Bar

I have reservations here for our first time cruise this summer. How was the shuttle ride to the cruise port? How long did it take? Did it make a lot of stops at hotels along the way?

Trying to figure out how to make whatever arrival time we wind up getting from Carnival. I am guessing I won't be able have much say about the shuttle schedule with this setup?

On 8/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, LHT28 said:

lots of  good info on the Florida  forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Brickell  

just depends on your budget

I just checked this hotel for a possible cruise in December 2020 or February 2021 and they are sold out 😞.  I wonder if perhaps the dates are too far in advance?

On 8/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Near the port: Intercontinental is the standard bearer. Absolutely terrific hotel and so convenient. Want something a little different- Art Deco? Try the Blue Moon in South Beach (Marriott autograph collection).

Is there a need to rent a car if we are staying two nights in downtown area?

On 1/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, agnesd said:

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami,  This will be our third visit.  Just fine and and close to the port.  Nothing fancy but more than adequate.  

Hi, is this an older hotel?  I can't tell from the pictures?  Thanks!

On 1/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, Clutj said:

If you want to partake of walking the beach and other walking/shopping/people watching benefits of Miami Beach, we stayed at the Kimpton, which we found reasonably priced.  It was a little worn down, art deco building, but still up to Kimpton standards.  Jose Andres restaurant right next door was great.  

I was looking at downtown for our first time in Miami.  If we stay in Miami Beach, or South Beach, would we need a rental car?

17 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

I just checked this hotel for a possible cruise in December 2020 or February 2021 and they are sold out 😞.  I wonder if perhaps the dates are too far in advance?

Is there a need to rent a car if we are staying two nights in downtown area?

Hi, is this an older hotel?  I can't tell from the pictures?  Thanks!

I was looking at downtown for our first time in Miami.  If we stay in Miami Beach, or South Beach, would we need a rental car?

Holiday Inn is an older hotel, but some rooms offer a view of the port and it is across the street from Bayside Marketplace.

If staying downtown or in South Beach you do not need a rental car - either walk or use Uber/Lyft.

Your 2/2021 dates may be to far out for many hotels.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Holiday Inn is an older hotel, but some rooms offer a view of the port and it is across the street from Bayside Marketplace.

If staying downtown or in South Beach you do not need a rental car - either walk or use Uber/Lyft.

Ah, that explains things.  Thanks again.  
I was trying to determine a Western Caribbean cruise on Allure in late January or Symphony in early December. 
Itineraries and pricing are similar.  I like that Allure will be refurbished, but I've never been on either ship.  I've only been on Oasis and Harmony (next week!!!).
Also, not sure if there will be more/less kids/college students during that time .. and the weather/rough seas, which I know is unpredictable.

36 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

It is older but definitely not shabby. Cute little restaurant. 

• Thanks 1