Boxed wine?

We are boarding Liberty in the AM.  I know you are allowed 2 750ml bottles  of wine per cabin.  Does that mean we can bring boxed wine as well if it is close to the 1500ml per stateroom?  Anyone have any experience bringing boxes a bit larger than 1500?  Seems like the boxes at target are bigger

5 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

We are boarding Liberty in the AM.  I know you are allowed 2 750ml bottles  of wine per cabin.  Does that mean we can bring boxed wine as well if it is close to the 1500ml per stateroom?  Anyone have any experience bringing boxes a bit larger than 1500?  Seems like the boxes at target are bigger

From Royal.

Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. ... and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship ...

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

From Royal.

Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. ... and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship ...

Perfect - thanks for the prompt response!!

I actually sent an email to Royal and asked if I could bring boxed wine.  They said NO!  Which doesn't make sense to me.  I'd rather haul a box in my suitcase than bottles.  And they do make small boxed wine.  I think that rule needs to be changed!

25 minutes ago, crilski said:

I actually sent an email to Royal and asked if I could bring boxed wine.  They said NO!  Which doesn't make sense to me.  I'd rather haul a box in my suitcase than bottles.  And they do make small boxed wine.  I think that rule needs to be changed!

Quick thought is that it is easy to see if a bottle is full and cork intact. Anyone can empty a cheap box wine, clean it out and put in some hard alcohol. Before you say no one would do that I have two words for you...rum runners

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Quick thought is that it is easy to see if a bottle is full and cork intact. Anyone can empty a cheap box wine, clean it out and put in some hard alcohol. Before you say no one would do that I have two words for you...rum runners

A big box of Four Roses single barrel would last the full week. 

3 hours ago, crilski said:

It makes sense to royal to be able to check  cork and seal . We are so grateful that RCI allow 2X 750ml bottle's 

14 hours ago, crilski said:

I think that rule needs to be changed!

I don't actually mean to be argumentative (maybe I'm just in a mood), but why should they change the rule?  The rule is quite nice.  You can bring on two 750 ml bottles.  So bring on two 750 ml bottles.  I can think of a lot of rules that I'd like changed.  Like why just wine?  Why not two 750 ml bottles of Bourbon?  Or one 1.5 liter bottle of wine?  Or a four pack of Beer, that's about 1500 ml.  Simple...because these are the rules.  

Again, not trying to be argumentative or snarky.  I was just reading all the complaints about the "petty and cheap" free drinks in the Diamond lounge and how all those rules "need to be changed."  In my experience, when the rules are changed, we rarely benefit.  😎

• Like 3