Dinner in Vancouver - suggestions

thixson

2 hours ago, thixson said:

Thanks for the geography lesson....I know Vancouver is not in Alaska, but it is a port often used for departures and returns.... Duh.

West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

and the Canada board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/23-canada-alaskapacific-coastal/

will have more locals and experts on the topics you are interested in.

5 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have always enjoyed the ambience and meals at the Bard and Banker.  It is a Scottish pub located on Government Street.  Were there earlier this month for a return visit.

I have to correct my own post --  I have "Victoria" on my mind.  The Bard and Banker is in Victoria, and is our "go to" place in Victoria.  But in Vancouver we have another "must go to" place which has already been mentioned -- the Steamworks Brew Pub.  Wonderful food.

We found Moose's Down Under at 830 W Pender St. It was about 3 blocks up from Canada Place. Difficult to find because it's in the basement (down stairs from the street) and the sign was hard to spot but we located the number address and looked down. Nice place, friendly people, affordable. 

We had some nice Asian meals in Vancouver. I don't remember where we ate when we stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel, but it was within a block or two. The place I ate this summer was called the Pink Elephant. It's not extremely fancy, but the food was very good and inexpensive.

Hello Thixson

For seafood try Vancouver Fish Company on Granville island, steaks and chops try Joe Fortes on Thurlow st. about 5 blocks up from the cruise terminal, for sushi try Tojo's on 9th ave. aka (Broadway).

If looking for the bar/craft beer scene, in addition to Steamworks in Gastown, you can try Red Racer Taphouse on Beatty, across from BC Place or the Tap & Barrel in Olympic Village.

For a steakhouse, we prefer Gothams over the Keg chain

For seafood, probably prefer Blue Water Cafe.