Soda question - it's been a while

mek

2 minutes ago, mek said:

Can I bring a 6 or 12 pack of canned soda on board during the cruise?  I used to pick up a 2 liter along the way, but I think that has stopped.

Yes you can, as much as you want.

26 minutes ago, mek said:

Can I bring a 6 or 12 pack of canned soda on board during the cruise?  I used to pick up a 2 liter along the way, but I think that has stopped.

You can bring cans but they must be loose (taken pout of their wrapping)  I believe up to 24 each   you are correct bottles no longer allowed

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

You can bring cans but they must be loose (taken pout of their wrapping)  I believe up to 24 each   you are correct bottles no longer allowed

Huh? Sorry, you must be thinking of another cruise line. On Princess, you can bring as many non-alcoholic beverages as you like. It is common for people to take a 12 pack, tape on a room label and send it in with their luggage although this may depend on the port. You can also bring it on at any of the ports. No need for it to be loose.....

8 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

This is incorrect. Bottled soda and water are allowed either as carry-on or checked. No limit.

So, I'm confused.  I bought the 6 cans for the price of 5  to start off the cruise because we  are flying and won't have time to stop anywhere, but our first port, Sitka, is 3 days later and I want to get some there and take it on board. In the past, I bough 2 liters because I don't always drink a full can and it's move convenient but I didn't think I could do that anymore.  Bottom line is I just want to make sure I can bring soda on board in the ports, not just at embarkation.

Edited by mek

12 minutes ago, mek said:

So, I'm confused.  I bought the 6 cans for the price of 5  to start off the cruise because we  are flying and won't have time to stop anywhere, but our first port, Sitka, is 3 days later and I want to get some there and take it on board. In the past, I bough 2 liters because I don't always drink a full can and it's move convenient but I didn't think I could do that anymore.  Bottom line is I just want to make sure I can bring soda on board in the ports, not just at embarkation.

Yes, you can bring on soda at any port of call as well as at embarkation. It can be in cans, or small or large bottles. I will comment that if you want bottles with screw caps the smaller bottles, around 20 ounce,  are easier to fit into the cabin fridge. We also found that the 7 ounce cans are easy to carry on, easy to carry around the ship, fit well into the fridge and are just about the right size portion.

Edited by skynight

Well one more question - if I bring 2 bottles of wine with me - can they go through in my carry on or do they have to be packed in my luggage?

It's been 4 years since we sailed on Princess and I'm having a senior moment.  LOL.

1 hour ago, mek said:

Well one more question - if I bring 2 bottles of wine with me - can they go through in my carry on or do they have to be packed in my luggage?

It's been 4 years since we sailed on Princess and I'm having a senior moment.  LOL.

You must carry them on. Two are free. Over 2 are $15 each. You must consume in your room or pay $15 in the dining room. There is a sticker on the bottle when you pay.

14 hours ago, windsor26 said:

My guess is this is probably what you have to do where you live. Here at the Port of LA, I  do not open the wrapping and just tape on a luggage tag and send it to my room with our luggage.  I would suggest Cans only because on my last cruise, I did have a can get crushed and soda leaked out. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes, you can bring on soda at any port of call as well as at embarkation. It can be in cans, or small or large bottles. I will comment that if you want bottles with screw caps the smaller bottles, around 20 ounce,  are easier to fit into the cabin fridge. We also found that the 7 ounce cans are easy to carry on, easy to carry around the ship, fit well into the fridge and are just about the right size portion.

I once brought a few 2 liter bottles and they did fit in the fridge. They were a little hard to pack & we now resort to 12 ounce bottles.

15 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I believe it's RCL that insists on checking all the cans.

Some people open up the case & replace the inner cans with beer. :classic_ohmy:

My wife brought 24 cans of diet pop, we checked with princess to make sure I was told no problem but should be in carry on. Do not put in luggage unless you want to do laundry when you get on board trust me, had to do this once but never again.

1 hour ago, geomac53 said:

My wife brought 24 cans of diet pop, we checked with princess to make sure I was told no problem but should be in carry on. Do not put in luggage unless you want to do laundry when you get on board trust me, had to do this once but never again.

Oh - I know not to pack the soda, but I was asking about wine - couldn't remember what to do with that.

1 hour ago, geomac53 said:

oh wow that is not great.  i've put my sparkling water in a suitcase, but i usually use a smaller roller that just has the water in it, and then i use that suitcase for whatever doesn't fit in the original suitcase onthe way home.  of course i am using sparkling water, so not sticky even if it does leak.

18 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

This is incorrect. Bottled soda and water are allowed either as carry-on or checked. No limit.

OK  tey mus be boarding under American rules not Australian which is no bottles  In which case can we take one bottle of wine each as the USA are allowed?

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

OK  tey mus be boarding under American rules not Australian which is no bottles  In which case can we take one bottle of wine each as the USA are allowed?

That is quite possible. OP didn't name the ship or itinerary.

20 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

That is quite possible. OP didn't name the ship or itinerary.

Sorry  Carnival Splendor from Singapore repositioning to Sydney and using AUD on board for the accounts