Flight Ease Question

Heisler123

Airport transfers are at your expense, but you can book them when you make your flight arrangements.  We always take a taxi, rather than waiting for the bus to fill - it gets you there ahead of the crowd, and is less costly.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, calteacher said:

If I use Flight Ease for tickets, will I earn frequent flyer miles on the flight?

You could. IIRC, I gave my TA my frequent flyer number when I booked a Flight Ease flight. I know I got the miles, whether I gave her the number or not. 
That was on a Delta flight; I don't know if other airlines operate the same way. 

I go in and add my ff number and my known traveler number to my reservation. If you want to get the perks that go with your airline cc you need to request that your flight is paid for with that card ie. free checked bag.

Edited by wyobean
  • Like 1

Thanks.  It is nearly one year away, but decided to at least check as I've been doing my own flights and maybe could have saved money by going through HAL.  The ability to wait until final payment to purchase the ticket, but to make sure I have a reservation, sound like a winner.

If the airline you are flying is part of the code-sharing alliance for a domestic airline, then your FF number will credit the miles to your domestic airline.   We booked a Trans Atlantic on British Airways with Flight Ease.  After the booking, we got an immediate BA record locator.  BA is a member of One World, which American Airlines is also a partner.   We were able to enter our AA FF number and we got AA mileage credit and we were able to select out seats on the BA flight.

7 hours ago, wyobean said:

I go in and add my ff number and my known traveler number to my reservation. If you want to get the perks that go with your airline cc you need to request that your flight is paid for with that card ie. free checked bag.

i was told that this is not an option since the charge will appear as HAL and not from the airline itself. For example, I have a Delta flight reserved for next June on Flight Ease.  The charge will not appear as Delta when I pay.  It will appear as HAL and I will not receive any Delta benefits from my Delta Amex card.  HAL was very specific about this to me when I asked. 

On 8/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, ChinaShrek said:

i was told that this is not an option since the charge will appear as HAL and not from the airline itself. For example, I have a Delta flight reserved for next June on Flight Ease.  The charge will not appear as Delta when I pay.  It will appear as HAL and I will not receive any Delta benefits from my Delta Amex card.  HAL was very specific about this to me when I asked. 

I got that info from people on this forum. Hopefully they will chime in again.

8 hours ago, wyobean said:

I got that info from people on this forum. Hopefully they will chime in again.

I’ve used Flight Ease and if the booking was done for me, they input our FF mile numbers.  When I booked on line for another one, I input it.

In both cases, for both flights I got credited with my FF miles.  In my examples, this was with Air Canada.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I’ve used Flight Ease and if the booking was done for me, they input our FF mile numbers.  When I booked on line for another one, I input it.

In both cases, for both flights I got credited with my FF miles.  In my examples, this was with Air Canada.

We've been credited our FF miles with Delta, American Airlines, and China Airlines when using Flight Ease.  You just have to input your information into your reservation on the airline's site.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

The issue is using your own cc. We have the UAL cc which gives us a free checked bag and priority boarding. Can this work on flightease? It has been posted on here that it can be. That thread was probably a year ago, tho. 

10 minutes ago, wyobean said:

The issue is using your own cc. We have the UAL cc which gives us a free checked bag and priority boarding. Can this work on flightease? It has been posted on here that it can be. That thread was probably a year ago, tho. 

Yeah, I also get extra miles when paying with the Delta Amex for a Delta flight.  Does anyone remember if the charge appears from Delta, United, etc when paying for airfare or HAL?

8 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Yeah, I also get extra miles when paying with the Delta Amex for a Delta flight.  Does anyone remember if the charge appears from Delta, United, etc when paying for airfare or HAL?

My card was charged for both air and cruise at final payment.  The charge showed as HAL.

I don't believe you get the AMEX perks except for charges direct with airlines or AMEX travel.

Edited by RocketMan275

Just used FlightEase to Europe and the charge did not show up as a separate entry on my credit card statement. It was embedded in my final payment to HAL and listed as HAL.

(ditto RocketMan reply)

Interestingly enough, when I went to my Delta booking after the payment was made and printed a receipt, it showed the cost paid by FlightEase.

Edited by oceanmom