Using wifi at Port Everglades to call Uber??

NJ&Ozzie

Taxi from PE to FLL should be about $15+, and with UberX or Lyft the fare will be about $10+ -- you can try to use the Wi-Fi, but be ready to grab a taxi (and insist on using the meter, do not let the driver tell you that it is a flat rate fare far higher than the usual metered fare of about $15+).

14 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

The 'Free wifi in each terminal' works for departures, but I have failed to connect to the wifi on debarcation every time!

Just grab a taxi and insist on the meter.

Thanks all.   Curious, would it be possible to walk into the "terminal" side to use wifi when leaving to call Uber?

NJ 

3 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thanks all.   Curious, would it be possible to walk into the "terminal" side to use wifi when leaving to call Uber?

NJ 

Not a good idea to use Uber on WiFi as the driver might call you. Have had them call a couple of times. A taxi is not that expensive.  

Last time I used Uber from airport to hotel and a hotel to port but we used a taxi to the airport on the return because we woiuld have had to wait for the Uber/Lyft drivers have to come into the port.The taxis are right there.

46 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

The airport is less than a 3 mile ride.

We aren't going to the airport this time.  Heading to a resort in Weston, FLL.  Apparently taxi cost is about $60-70 one way.  Wanted to see if Uber is an option.  And as Cdn. we don't have a US service provider for cell phone.

NJ 

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

We aren't going to the airport this time.  Heading to a resort in Weston, FLL.  Apparently taxi cost is about $60-70 one way.  Wanted to see if Uber is an option.  And as Cdn. we don't have a US service provider for cell phone.

NJ 

Your Canadian provider doesn’t have roaming packages?

An Uber or Lyft will probably be about $30 if that taxi fare is correct. 

I don’t understand what you intend to do with a magic jack app. You need the Uber app. Have you used Uber before? You use an app to book, you don’t “call”.

Edited by Charles4515

I am from Canada with no data in the states way too expensive per day on our plan ...I found using the free wifi was best close to the exit doors had no problem getting an uber but watch your bill got charged  more than double than estimate when I got back to Canada called and put it back to original amount with no issues :)

17 hours ago, vacation1996 said:

I am from Canada with no data in the states way too expensive per day on our plan ...I found using the free wifi was best close to the exit doors had no problem getting an uber but watch your bill got charged  more than double than estimate when I got back to Canada called and put it back to original amount with no issues 🙂

Thanks for info.  Great.  We just need wifi to call Uber.  Will watch the charges!

NJ 

Maybe a sim card you can use in the States might be a better option.  I have a Canada/US plan but before that I think it was around $7 a day to use my phone in the US through Telus.

I used Lyft dozens of times and I am not aware that you can call them every ride has been booked and paid for through the app.