NEW Extra $50 Excursion credit Perk on top of the Original $50 perk

LaCal

3 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

NCL excursions are already ridiculously overpriced. And so they will just add it to the cost of the excursion.

You'll save more than that booking off ship excursions.

I'd normally agree. We don't book ship excursions ever. 

But with this bonus, we'll be getting $200 (2 cabins).  We'll be visiting Cape Canaveral. We have a time share there so are very familiar with the area, so my daughter & I will hit Cocoa Beach via uber and I'll send my husband and two boys to the Daytona Track tour for only $100 out of pocket.  Can't beat that. 

Free Kayak, snorkeling or stand up paddle board rental on GSC or take $200 off a cabana. 

All five of us can do the Ardastra Zoo & Gardens on Nassau for only $95 out of pocket or the guided tour for $145, which is only $29 per person.  

I'm just saying, the tours aren't all the over priced $199/pp deals.  There are some reasonably priced things, especially considering the perk. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 4:11 AM, newmexicoNita said:

This has nothing to do with NCL being cheap: those who book "inside" are the cheap ones. There is nothing wrong with booking inside, but don't expect the same perks as those who are paying a lot more than you for heavens sake. 

This is bordering on impolite. I agree that NCL is certainly not being cheap- you get what you pay for. But nothing to stop one from hoping NCL would include insides as a promotion incentive. As someone else said a promotion was extended to insides on their sailing and it's not impossible that it would happen more frequently.

12 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

This is bordering on impolite. I agree that NCL is certainly not being cheap- you get what you pay for. But nothing to stop one from hoping NCL would include insides as a promotion incentive. As someone else said a promotion was extended to insides on their sailing and it's not impossible that it would happen more frequently.

I was primarily referring to those who want to go as cheap as they can but want the perks we get. It is like those of us who book outside for an example and expect some of the Haven perks or promos. I certainly didn't mean to be rude to those who choose inside. Everyone has his/her reasons for booking they way they do. 

20 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I was primarily referring to those who want to go as cheap as they can but want the perks we get. It is like those of us who book outside for an example and expect some of the Haven perks or promos. I certainly didn't mean to be rude to those who choose inside. Everyone has his/her reasons for booking they way they do. 

A much better way of phrasing it might be to say NCL can't give extra perks to those who book cabins that don't provide them extra revenue. But to call someone cheap is impolite. As you said, "for heaven's sake".

Edited by Petoonya

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

for the Bliss and other away plus ships, u need to call shore x's and book, but u don't pay till u take the trip!   Last year,  I waited to book the x's and lost out, when the 120 day arrived, many were gone,  shows too.   

Have already booked some excursions independently on Bliss. We've done Alaska several times and have been with some terrific companies. Going with them again, not NCL. Overall it saves $ regardless of the perks.

Edited by Petoonya

7 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Have already booked some excursions independently on Bliss. We've done Alaska several times and have been with some terrific companies. Going with them again, not NCL. Overall it saves $ regardless of the perks.

whatever works for u is the best choice, but for us the shore x's are free with the $100.  

13 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

whatever works for u is the best choice, but for us the shore x's are free with the $100.  

Maybe I've got this wrong. I thought it was a $50 credit per cabin per person, plus an additional $50 with the new perk. Or $100 per cabin per port. That would make only a discount of $50 per person on a $200 per person Alaska excursion. That doesn't come out as free. Maybe free with a cheaper excursion you mean....it would have to be a $50 excursion or less.

Do I have this wrong? Is it free excursions?

Edited by Petoonya

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Maybe I've got this wrong. I thought it was a $50 credit per cabin per person, plus an additional $50 with the new perk. Or $100 per cabin per port. That would make only a discount of $50 per person on a $200 per person Alaska excursion. That doesn't come out as free. Maybe free with a cheaper excursion you mean....it would have to be a $50 excursion or less.

Do I have this wrong? Is it free excursions?

It's $100 per port, but the shore x's we picked for fla/Bahamas,  r cheap and with the platinum discount, it  works in our favor.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, LaCal said:

Thanks to Tallnthensome and his post about the additional $50 excursion credit I called NCL....Decided to make it a new post as his Title doesn’t explain its about the New Perk 

So Check out your current reservations to see if the Additional $50 per port excursion credit can apply to you(Oceanviews and Above)

We called NCL yesterday and have 2 cruises booked 
in 2020 and already had the 5 perks including the $50 per port excursioncredit.

Called just now and with this new perk of Airfare OR a ADDITIONAL $50 per port excursion credit they easily added on the EXTRA  $50 per port excursion....So now we get $100 per port excursion credit 😜💰

Only difference in our bookings was our Free specialty dining package went up a total of $8.00 on each cruise due to changing it......Had a third additional cruise booked where they had already given us a $100 OBC And on that cruise we would of lost the OBC but gained the extra $50 excursion credit....only doing 1 excursion that cruise so left it alone w the original perks...

.Not all cruises have this New additional $50 excursion perk but you can easily do a Mock booking on your cruise and when you get to the perk section it’ll tell you.......Ours was Get all 5 and at the bottom we could ALSO pick EITHER free airfare or Free $50 additional excursion perk 

Have read most people are being able to get the extra Perk no problem and one girl even got $680  off her cruise as the price had went down....she would of never known 😃

A few people couldn’t use it because their cruise price would of gone up 🙈.....Def doesn’t hurt to check 

GREAT additional savings for sure 😜

•  
  •  

14CC4E35-6D27-4204-A414-2681986E4A92.jpeg

Thank you for posting this! It made me go (yet again) to double check for any price drop--not only did I get the same cabin for $977 less (yes there was indeed another price drop), I also got this extra $50 off excursions! 

• Like 1

Thank you so much to tallnthensome and LaCal for this information!  I just called NCL and was able to get the extra excursion credit for our Mexican Riviera cruise on the Bliss next year.  And the price had also dropped since the original booking so we saved an additional $540 too!  It was worth the 45 minutes on hold! 😀

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Justaddvodka68 said:

Can you prebook excursions using these perks or do you have to do it on board? 

You can prebook the excursions by calling the excursion Dept and you don’t have to pay for them until you’re on the ship 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oldgoat61 said:

I have a question about this perk.  When did it first become available?  I am trying to get this perk thru my TA, and they say it only applies to cruises booked on, or after 9/9.  Is this true??

Thanks

Yes, but if you have not fully paid for your cruise you can just cancel and rebook.  You can do this if you booked thru NCL, not sure how it works if you booked thru a TA.

I booked my cruise 11/18, and I had an OA on Bliss, then jumped up to a balcony and then last week got a lower price.   When I saw the extra perk offered on my cruise, I called once again and it was added!   No cancellation needed, still 24 weeks away😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

I have a question about this perk.  When did it first become available?  I am trying to get this perk thru my TA, and they say it only applies to cruises booked on, or after 9/9.  Is this true??

Thanks

It came out about a week ago. I booked a 2021 cruise back in July and they applied it to that booking no questions asked and no change in price. Just had to call.

3 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

Thanks

I think your TA is mistaken.  Our cruise was booked back in January 2019 and we were able to add this no problem by calling NCL.  The booking window for this extra $50 began on 9/9 but I didn't see anything on NCL website in the T&C that it only applies to cruises booked on or after 9/9.  We were able to take advantage of a price drop as well.  Good luck!

image.thumb.png.a31d4dab43dd8048b548051784c82e5f.png