anthem of the seas room close to elevator

gfargo53

27 minutes ago, gfargo53 said:

just book a junior suite on anthem room number 9632 it is a room with a larger balcony.

looks like it is near the steps and elevator.will I be sorry because of foot traffic

Looks to me you're behind the stairs so would think the only traffic would be those staying on your hall.   

No, I stayed in a similar room in August and it was very quiet. It's almost like a private hallway. No foot traffic at all and you can't hear the elevators. There is a wall separating your room from the elevator area. Enjoy! MAke sure you try Coastal Kitchen for dinner. Once we tried it we didn't eat anywhere else.

I was in this room about a year ago. It's an excellent room. There is a single in front of you, the two rooms share a small entry way. You will have that door to enter then the room door. The elevator and stairs are close but not close enough to be any kind of issue. 

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I saw pictures of the balcony.  The UK site has it listed as 50% obstructed.  There is the symbol on the deck plans but we never saw it before booking and Royal never said anything.

The only symbol I see for 9632 is a triangle which means a sofabed.  I just googles Anthem of the Seas 9632 and found 10 pictures on a site I can't say, balcony looks huge and unobstructed.  

W

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

The only symbol I see for 9632 is a triangle which means a sofabed.  I just googles Anthem of the Seas 9632 and found 10 pictures on a site I can't say, balcony looks huge and unobstructed.  

Once again old age and dwindling eyesight have gotten me!  We are on Deck 6, read the 9 upside down🥴

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

W

Once again old age and dwindling eyesight have gotten me!  We are on Deck 6, read the 9 upside down🥴

Don't forget about the "secret door" on deck 6 that goes into the library in the upper level of 270.  My Mom had a cabin on deck 6 when she sailed with us and we used that door a lot to skip all the crowds after shows in 270.

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Where is this secret door??  I will be in Cabin 6222 next November, and would love to know more about this door.  TIA!😎

It is deck 6, all the way aft.  It does not look like a door that you can use, but you can.  There is a small corridor that goes across the aft of the ships between the two cabin corridors, the door is off that corridor, kind of centered.  It brings you into the library in the upper level of Two70.  There is a staircase that you can take down to the main level to then go to the bar or the cafe.  The door is an oversized, very heavy fire door, so pull hard.