Disinfecting

Frankmac

11 hours ago, zanydoc said:

As a physician, I strongly recommend hand washing vs. the alcohol based sanitizers in any situation- including my practice. So, to answer the question by the OP...No, I don’t think it should be mandatory to use the hand sanitizers prior to entering the restaurants on the cruise ship. Just use common sense and wash your hands prior to dining. Speaking of which-does anyone know which ships now have the actual wash stations outside the dining areas?

Anthem 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:33 PM, goldfish65 said:

When I first saw the title of this subject, I thought it was about disinfecting one's cabin. If I may ask, what kind of wipes/product does anyone recommend for that purpose?

Capture166.thumb.PNG.a4606d76c7abde3e9f013320704b85d8.PNG

These are proven to kill the Norovirus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Anthem 

I, a nurse, was just going to say this same thing. Handwashing is, and has always been, the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection. In fact, alcohol-based sanitizers contribute to the proliferation of antibiotic resistant organisms. Not to mention that they irrite my skin. I will sometimes use them but would prefer to detour to the washroom just prior to having my meal. 

6 minutes ago, ctcruiser1721 said:

I, a nurse, was just going to say this same thing. Handwashing is, and has always been, the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection. In fact, alcohol-based sanitizers contribute to the proliferation of antibiotic resistant organisms. Not to mention that they irrite my skin. I will sometimes use them but would prefer to detour to the washroom just prior to having my meal. 

As an industrial hygienist, that irritation of your skin, leads to micro cracking, which harbors and protects micro organisms.

So hand sanitizers can lead to amplification of the microbial organisms.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 11:20 AM, zanydoc said:

Speaking of which-does anyone know which ships now have the actual wash stations outside the dining areas?

Quantum Class

Only outside WJ Marketplace and Solarium Bistro

Edited by robtulipe

15 hours ago, ctcruiser1721 said:

15 hours ago, SRF said:

As an industrial hygienist, that irritation of your skin, leads to micro cracking, which harbors and protects micro organisms.

So hand sanitizers can lead to amplification of the microbial organisms.

Both are absolutely correct. 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:36 PM, cujosmom said:

I don't know when the last time you were on a Princess ship, but on Sept 4th, I just got off a 16 night cruise with 9 sea days of which we ate every meal in the buffet.  On our ship, the silverware was wrapped (tightly in my opinion) in a cloth napkin and placed in a metal container on the table NOT in front of individual chairs. I won't say it has never happened, but I, personally, never once saw anyone taking a folded up napkin out of the container and take out a spoon or fork and walk away for a waiter to later replace said spoon or fork and place in it back into the napkin and back into the container. I am attaching a picture I took of the metal containers of silverware at each table so you can see what I am talking about.

My last time on Princess was in April this year. I´m glad to see they have changed this (at least on this ship, but hopefully it´s fleetwide). With the tightly wrapped silverwhere it´s obvious when it´s been opened and usually replaced. With the just folded over napkins it was easy for the crew to simply "Refill".

Maybe I wasn´t the only one complaining About this in the post cruise Survey and they changed it. Anyway I´m glad they did.

Since we live in a free country, I won’t go so far as to think people must be forced to wash their hands as a condition of entry, BUT I am horrified and disgusted when people don’t wash their hands! We all want to enjoy our vacation, and that means being healthy! I feel like cruise lines pushed hand sanitizer for a long time, but since they’ve put in sinks, there only seems to be a push the first day or so, and then no one seems to say anything. Adults seem to need more reminders to wash their hands than my 1st Graders!! 😆

• Like 1