Cancel or no-show 4 days out

Snuggss

Hey cruisers, got a question.  We have a family cruise coming up this weekend on Harmony.  3 different rooms.  My sister decided 2 weeks ago to break up with her boyfriend, so he isn't going.  Couldn't find anyone else to go in his place.  What would be better, cancelling him or letting him be a no-show?  I'm thinking no-show as the prepaid gratuities & port fees/taxes would be refunded, right?  Cancellation would forfeit everything paid from what we can find.  Wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen.  Thanks.

Either way you would get his gratuities, port fees and taxes back but if she cancels him without replacing him she takes a chance that they could change her cabin. I vote no show and if someone else decides to go up to 48 hours ahead of time then she can switch the name.

• Like 4

Agree...no show...No one in the terminal or onboard will ask and no need to volunteer this info...they don't care. Port fees and taxes will be credited back automatically to the credit card used to make final payment.

We've done this when 3 of our family group of 10 were unable to cruise and we didn't want to take the chance of our cabins being changed...worked out easy for us.

• Like 1

The boyfriend is going to lose his cruise fare either way. He will get taxes, port fees and gratuities (if he prepaid them) refunded either way. Are all of your cabins close to each other? Do you want to keep them that way? If so, do the no show. If you cancel, the is a (slight) chance that RCI could change your cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The boyfriend is going to lose his cruise fare either way. He will get taxes, port fees and gratuities (if he prepaid them) refunded either way. Are all of your cabins close to each other? Do you want to keep them that way? If so, do the no show. If you cancel, the is a (slight) chance that RCI could change your cabin.

To what, lol?

Thanks to you all for the comments.  Our thoughts were to do the no-show, I was just curious if anyone else had done that instead of a straight cancellation.  Now, time to get packed as we head to Florida on Saturday morning.