Complimentary Luggage Tags?

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Simple question why cant RCI just put your name on the tags; they put your cabin number on them:classic_unsure:

Royal cannot even send the right emails to the right people.  It think putting the proper passenger names on the downloadable tags is probably beyond their IT capability.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Simple question why cant RCI just put your name on the tags; they put your cabin number on them:classic_unsure:

People cancel cruises, change cabins sometimes, it would be better for the people to add their own names, I will will write mine  on the tags once I print them out. 

1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

People cancel cruises, change cabins sometimes, it would be better for the people to add their own names, I will will write mine  on the tags once I print them out. 

If you cancel you don't need them, if you change cabins they could change the name on the tags when they change the cabin #. I use PDFLuggageTagTool to print 4 at a time so it's not a big deal. MSC for instance puts your name on the Tags

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal cannot even send the right emails to the right people.  It think putting the proper passenger names on the downloadable tags is probably beyond their IT capability.    

You are right about that.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I never bother putting my name on them.... my name isn't connected to my room number (on the outside of the door), so what's the point?

It's not like your name on the tag is going to affect delivery.  

Agree...and most of the time I forget to print my name on them...and when or if I do, it is just the last name.  

5 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I seldom even add my last name to the Tags but if I do as mentioned, it is only my last name. There is no need for names on the tags as they go by the # & location to know where to load the luggage and take to room. 

Plus, our names are already on the luggage for airline purposes.

44 minutes ago, BillHana said:

Does anyone have a picture of the post-cruise luggage tags? I want to prepare labels to stick on rather than writing.

Don't your bags already have ID tags for the airlines?

50 minutes ago, BillHana said:

Does anyone have a picture of the post-cruise luggage tags? I want to prepare labels to stick on rather than writing.

Opps those were precruise sizes

image.png

Edited by AlanF65

On 10/9/2019 at 12:31 PM, brillohead said:

You don't need to protect them from tearing -- it's difficult to tear paper that has been folded that many times.  Try it for yourself and see -- thick paper doesn't tear easily.

The actual "damage danger" is in the staple -- if you only staple your luggage tags at the end, so they make a big loop, it's more likely that something (like someone's hand as they're grabbing for a bag or the wheel on another suitcase, etc.) will catch on the loop and cause the staple to pull through and the tag to then fall off.  

When you put the tag on your bag, the best thing to do is staple the end and then also staple it NEAR THE HANDLE, so the loop part is tight around the handle and the rest of the tag is lying flat.  If there's not a loose part to catch on things, then there's pretty much no way that the tag is coming off the bag unintentionally.   

We do the same thing you do and have never had a problem with tags tearing or being removed. We do not attach them to our luggage until we are leaving the hotel for the port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillHana said:

Found a post-cruise luggage tag. Lots of stuff to fill in. I plan to print labels to just stick on.

Post Cruise Luggage Tag.jpg

All I do is name, email address, and phone number.  

And someone still took my bag instead of theirs, even though their bag had ALL the info filled in AND their bag had TWO separate ID tags on it that mine didn't have.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

All I do is name, email address, and phone number.  

And someone still took my bag instead of theirs, even though their bag had ALL the info filled in AND their bag had TWO separate ID tags on it that mine didn't have.

Can you measure the size of the space where the label would go  so the rest of us that want to print label can make some before we go

Thanks

Alan

5 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Can you measure the size of the space where the label would go  so the rest of us that want to print label can make some before we go

Thanks

Alan

Sorry, Royal removed the tag when they FedExed my bag to me, so I don't have one anymore.

I would say that the standard "address label" from Avery would fit just fine, though.  Probably 1" by 2.5" or so for an Avery label, although the width available on the tag is probably way wider. 

2 hours ago, BillHana said:

Not sure which measurements you want. Remember this gets wrapped around the luggage handle. Does this help?

Post Cruise Luggage Tag.pdf 138.33 kB · 4 downloads

That looks perfect, I will make labels for my next cruise for that name / address area so I don't have to fill them out, my handwriting is horrible.

Thanks

Alan

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:22 PM, BillHana said:

Look on Amazon for "Cruise Luggage Tag Holder" and you will find lots of things much easier to use than the sticky labels. They also work for the numbered tags used for disembarkation. Send the luggage tag PDF supplied with your cruise docs to your local office supply store to have it printed in color. I use FedEx printing and its less than $2 for 4 tags. Just cut out the tag and slip into the reusable holder. No tape or staple needed.

I don't have a color printer at home either.  When you say, send the PDF to your local office supply store, do you mean email them?  I was thinking of putting the luggage doc on a flash drive..

On 10/8/2019 at 7:41 PM, mitz18 said:

We always print them but use clear packing tape to “laminate” them so they don’t tear.  Porters will hand write, but I prefer the “official” ones.

That's a great idea, I heard they stick or the ink can transfer in humid weather.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, biomedbob said:

You can print them out in color and there is an app on the internet that will print 4 to a page.  Print as many as you think you will need (I put two on every luggage and carry on) and put them in the readily available boarding pass holders on line.

Some questions ... thanks!

1/ Was just curious about printing them in color.  Is it just for the look of it, vs. black/white?  

2/ You mentioned putting two luggage tabs on each suitcase?  There is only one handle, are you putting the second one somewhere else? 
3/ Is the luggage tag for your carry on, just in case it gets lost on you? 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, AlanF65 said:

Thanks

Alan

I have used regular Address label then trip if needed, no need to measure. I printed our first name. Once we didn't get tags for 2nd leg going out 9 days later from Sydney, Australia so printed extras out and attached Name, cabin #, date of cruise and attached to luggage tag. 

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Spinners have a handle on the side and one on the end. Easy to grab no matter which way the luggage was placed. 

Our luggage is older, but thank you for explaining.  May need to look at buying the spinners.  This cruise is getting pricey ...lol

28 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Our luggage is older, but thank you for explaining.  May need to look at buying the spinners.  This cruise is getting pricey ...lol

Spinners make travel so much easier. On a smooth surface it takes no effort to roll your luggage along.

I remember balancing my purse or something  on my two wheeled suitcase and having it flip over so I’d have to stop and fix it. Again!

• Haha 1