ELITE+ Benefits Sailing w/Select Member (same stateroom)

BEAV

I'm Elite+ and for the first time will be sailing with a Select Member in the same stateroom. Is the Select member entitled to ALL my Elite+ benefits ship wide (complimentary coffee/tea in Café Al Bacio, 2 bags laundry, etc) -or- are they limited to the Morning/5-7pm Elite Coffee/Cocktail Hours?

My Sister (the Select Member) is a coffee junkie. Knowing the answer will determine if I purchase her a non-alcoholic package for her to use in Café Al Bacio!

How will her cruise card be coded? If coded Select, do we have to explain we're in the same stateroom every time we enter the Morning/Evening Elite gatherings?

Thank You.

The last time I cruised with someone (Select) who didn't have my same status, 5 years ago, she had access to breakfast and happy hour but not the coffees.  I doubt X has become more inclusive since then.  I accompanied her the first two breakfasts and happy hours, then no one checked and she went on her own.  I imagine the CC hostess recognized her by then.

Edited by goofysmom99

Aren't sea passes coded with Captains Club on them...so her sea pass will be select and will not have cocktails loaded on it so there is no reason she'd have coffee on it

And wouldn't servers at the Elite and up breakfast see her card is select? You present your card for beverages etc

The benefits are loaded on the card--and not to the "room"

9 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Aren't sea passes coded with Captains Club on them...so her sea pass will be select and will not have cocktails loaded on it so there is no reason she'd have coffee on it

And wouldn't servers at the Elite and up breakfast see her card is select? You present your card for beverages etc

As goofeysmom99 posted, and from what I've read here previously, a non-Elite member sharing a stateroom with Elite and higher is invited to attend the morning/evening coffee/cocktail gatherings. Or did that benefit go away completely when they started loading drinks on your sea pass card for use ship wide?

I have no first hand experience, but I have read that the select member only has the breakfast/happy hour benefits.  I have also read that if both members go to the Captain's Club host, that they will make a new sea pass for the select member showing Elite status so that they may enter both places without any issues.

I'm on a sailing in a week and will be in this same situation, so I'll find out on day one and I'll report back if you'd like.

There are no doubt others who have more reliable information.

2 minutes ago, rugerdog said:

I'm on a sailing in a week and will be in this same situation, so I'll find out on day one and I'll report back if you'd like.

Thank you!  Yes, I'll be glad to hear your experience with this. 😉

When I travel with  my friend she is able to go to the Elite+ breakfast and all Elite/Elite+ functions with me. She does not get the other benefits like laundry, internet minutes, coffee/tea, etc. She gets her own level of benefits for those. 

13 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

When I travel with  my friend she is able to go to the Elite+ breakfast and all Elite/Elite+ functions with me. She does not get the other benefits like laundry, internet minutes, coffee/tea, etc. She gets her own level of benefits for those. 

I will be in travelling with friends in Feb and will be sharing a cabin with a first timer on Celebrity. I’m Elite so don’t they take your cards at the Happy Hour or will I have to go to Captain’s club host to get her seapass card changed. 

When my daughter sailed with me we were told to see the CC host and she would change her card to say Elite for the purpose of entering breakfast and Happy hour. Because there were not many elite and up on the sailing her card was not changed as the host said she would recognize her. She did not get any other benefits except was able to use priority tendering with me 

2 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

I will be in travelling with friends in Feb and will be sharing a cabin with a first timer on Celebrity. I’m Elite so don’t they take your cards at the Happy Hour or will I have to go to Captain’s club host to get her seapass card changed. 

There was no change made to her card. She had to be with me to enter. The hostess would check my card and ask if we were sharing a cabin. She could attend with me, but not alone. That's how it was handled on the Summit.... on 3 different cruises.

38 minutes ago, rugerdog said:

What needs to change?

Allowing those that aren't in the top 3 tier levels from having limited benefits/perks extended to them just because they are staying in the same stateroom with someone that is. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

Allowing those that aren't in the top 3 tier levels from having limited benefits/perks extended to them just because they are staying in the same stateroom with someone that is. 

Well... the only benefit they get is going to the Elite breakfast (with all of the options onboard this isn't really a big deal), the Elite happy hour (with the limited menu drinks put on cards this has no value because they don't get drinks unless they go to an actual gathering) and the Captain's party which they can attend anyway if they've been on one cruise.

FYI, it's not so much a perk given to the NON elite member, it's a perk given to the elite passenger to be allowed to bring their cabin mate. At least, that's the way I look at it. I can bring my friend, therefore I can attend more captain's club events. It benefits me as much as it does her. 

32 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

Well... the only benefit they get is going to the Elite breakfast (with all of the options onboard this isn't really a big deal), the Elite happy hour (with the limited menu drinks put on cards this has no value because they don't get drinks unless they go to an actual gathering) and the Captain's party which they can attend anyway if they've been on one cruise.

FYI, it's not so much a perk given to the NON elite member, it's a perk given to the elite passenger to be allowed to bring their cabin mate. At least, that's the way I look at it. I can bring my friend, therefore I can attend more captain's club events. It benefits me as much as it does her. 

I know exactly what perks/benefits they are getting and how they are get them.

No FYI it is a perk/benefit given to the non upper tier level guest riding on the coat tails of an upper tier level guest. If you want to be with your friend go to one of the bars and enjoy your unlimited drinks during the two hour CC HH. And that's the way I look at it! 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

Ummm... ok, then. Really not sure why this trips your trigger, but since it does I won't say another word about it. LOL

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. Obviously I tipped you over with my opinion. 😀

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you want to be with your friend go to one of the bars and enjoy your unlimited drinks during the two hour CC HH. 

Davekathy, I've met many long-married couples and a newlywed or two who have had different levels.  I do think it's appropriate for them to be allowed to CC functions together.  (I'll bet in private they share the laundry perk. :classic_ohmy:

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Davekathy, I've met many long-married couples and a newlywed or two who have had different levels.  I do think it's appropriate for them to be allowed to CC functions together.  (I'll bet in private they share the laundry perk. :classic_ohmy:

Big difference and not comparable to this thread. Once married they become the same CC tier level. The higher CC tier level is given to the lower CC tier level person, "as it should be". Except they don't have the same CC points. Both can be elite and one person have under the 300 CC points required for elite. 

Edited by davekathy

On 10/15/2019 at 3:01 PM, BEAV said:

How will her cruise card be coded? If coded Select, do we have to explain we're in the same stateroom every time we enter the Morning/Evening Elite gatherings?

It can very depending on who the Captain's Club host/ess happens to be on that particular cruise, or even on which method is the most expedient at the time.

Sometimes they just put a sticker on the seapass card of the roommate, and other times they issued the roommate a special additional card good for admission to the Captain's Club events.

In any case, it is a good idea to go see the host/ess at the beginning of your cruise to explain your situation and find out which way s/he prefers to handle it. 

They usually have a desk or counter set up in a public area on the ship to chat and answer questions, so it is really much better to do it there in advance instead of waiting to explain your situation at the entrance to the first Captain's Club event.

Edited by varoo

On 10/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, Fogfog said:

The card is not checked every time you order drinks at breakfast or in the lounge (Sky lounge on S class) where the cocktail party is held, so being served there should be no problem. It's only checked on entry for the first couple of days, until the CC host recognizes you. In other bars, only elites and above will get free drinks from the CC menu. Their companion will have to order and pay as at any other time.

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. Obviously I tipped you over with my opinion. 😀

I understand perfectly.  The single person/widow gets to sit alone while Dave and Kathy enjoy the amenity together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I understand perfectly.  The single person/widow gets to sit alone while Dave and Kathy enjoy the amenity together. 

What? Obviously you don't understand and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by davekathy