Shareholder credit only through 7/31/2020 at this point

Cafedumonde

Everyone else probably already knows this, but just to save anyone some time who might be trying to claim it for after that date.  We got an email back today saying too early for our thanksgiving 2020 cruise.  But they did put it on our June 2020 cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Everyone else probably already knows this, but just to save anyone some time who might be trying to claim it for after that date.  We got an email back today saying too early for our thanksgiving 2020 cruise.  But they did put it on our June 2020 cruise.

So, how does that work? If I buy Carnival stock through E*Trade or something, how do I claim this? (Pretend I know nothing!)

Now is not a bad time to buy Carnival stock if you have some money just sitting around.  Its been near a 5-year low in the last couple of weeks.  If you are a frequent Carnival cruiser the OBC and annual dividend can end up making it a free investment eventually. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, garyh9900 said:

Now is not a bad time to buy Carnival stock if you have some money just sitting around.  Its been near a 5-year low in the last couple of weeks.  If you are a frequent Carnival cruiser the OBC and annual dividend can end up making it a free investment eventually. 

And don't forget the quarterly dividend. What is it now? $0.35/per share? I'm trying to talk my wife into getting 100 shares. But for us, we'd only get $100 OBC. But that's better than nothing, to be sure!

13 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

And don't forget the quarterly dividend. What is it now? $0.35/per share? I'm trying to talk my wife into getting 100 shares. But for us, we'd only get $100 OBC. But that's better than nothing, to be sure!

Its $0.50(for now anyway), I don't know why I said annual, it is quarterly, it just comes out to $2/year per share.  I rarely invest in individual stocks, I prefer mutual funds, but I do a couple of stocks for companies with shareholder benefits that I otherwise patron such as carnival. 

28 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

If your cruise alot, it is a huge benefit. We will get $450, just this year. 

2 minutes ago, garyh9900 said:

Its $0.50(for now anyway), I don't know why I said annual, it is quarterly, it just comes out to $2/year per share.  I rarely invest in individual stocks, I prefer mutual funds, but I do a couple of stocks for companies with shareholder benefits that I otherwise patron such as carnival.  

Well let's think about this:  100 shares x $0.50/share comes out to $50.00/quarter.  x 4 quarters = $200.00/year in annual dividends. Am I looking at this correctly? If I a $m, then I would receive $100  OBC for being a shareholder, PLUS I would buy $200 in Cruise Cash, from the proceeds of my annual dividends. $300 OBC goes a long way for me. IF my methodology is correct. Comments anyone? I'm just trying to learn here. 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well let's think about this:  100 shares x $0.50/share comes out to $50.00/quarter.  x 4 quarters = $200.00/year in annual dividends. Am I looking at this correctly? If I a $m, then I would receive $100  OBC for being a shareholder, PLUS I would buy $200 in Cruise Cash, from the proceeds of my annual dividends. $300 OBC goes a long way for me. IF my methodology is correct. Comments anyone? I'm just trying to learn here. 

Thats all true. But, the stock is also down a ton in the past year, when you would have lost probably $1,000 in share value (in the near term). Thats just part of owning stocks, the up and the down. For the record I have I think 350 shares, and am happy to own them. Great long term hold. 

Edited by elcuchio24

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Thats all true. But, the stock is also down a ton in the past year, when you would have lost probably $1,000 in share value (in the near term). Thats just part of owning stocks, the up and the down. For the record I have I think 350 shares, and am happy to own them. Great long term hold. 

Thanks for the reply elcuchio24! Yes I agree, if one is an investor, they need to be in it for the long haul. The stock market always fluctuates. Always. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bookster99 said:

So, how does that work? If I buy Carnival stock through E*Trade or something, how do I claim this? (Pretend I know nothing!)

You go here:  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit. Click where it says click her to view shareholder benefit, it will bring up a file that tells you what to do.  Basically you fax or mail to whichever line you are traveling on your name, reservation #, ship, sail date and proof of ownership of stock (like a statement from E*Trade).  You have to do it no later than 3 weeks prior to your sailing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, garyh9900 said:

And let's not forget the OBC is available on all the cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation, not just on the Carnival line. (Presently we have OBC on a Princess cruise booked for next summer.)

On 10/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, Irule7 said:

You go here:  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit. Click where it says click her to view shareholder benefit, it will bring up a file that tells you what to do.  Basically you fax or mail to whichever line you are traveling on your name, reservation #, ship, sail date and proof of ownership of stock (like a statement from E*Trade).  You have to do it no later than 3 weeks prior to your sailing.

Thanks! That's very helpful. I wonder if I can use retirement funds to obtain the stock and still qualify? Guess I'll ask...

Hi-

I am sailing on my first Carnival Cruise. I have 100 shares of CCL. Would anyone do me a favor and post a link or send me the Carnival form for the shareholder benefit?

I have looked all over their website and cannot seem to find it.

Thank you so much!

Tracie-Lynn

21 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

Hi-

I am sailing on my first Carnival Cruise. I have 100 shares of CCL. Would anyone do me a favor and post a link or send me the Carnival form for the shareholder benefit?

I have looked all over their website and cannot seem to find it.

Thank you so much!

Tracie-Lynn

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Here you go!

51 minutes ago, Bookster99 said:

Thanks! That's very helpful. I wonder if I can use retirement funds to obtain the stock and still qualify? Guess I'll ask...

Do you mean like funds that are in an IRA or 401k?  I bought mine with my IRA account and just send them my statement and never had a problem.

10 hours ago, Bookster99 said:

Awesome! Definitely doing tthis!

And start enjoying the onboard credit. Remember the credit applies to all lines owned by Carnival corporation, not just the Carnival line. (We are presently using it on Princess.)