Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

At the end of our New Year's cruise we stayed on until around 10.30 then got off, breezed through immigration though there are more on Meraviglia than Divina.

Well ... you've seen the letter we've received warning about the length of time immigration may take.

Our disembarkation was very quick and without issue in Miami this morning but fortunately we didn't have a full inspection. 

We left around 9.30am, had planned to have coffee in the TSL and use the last of our wifi but they'd logged us all out!

We just got a yellow cab outside to the hotel, it was $35. We're staying next to the airport and the cab had a card machine. 

2 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

I have so enjoyed following along on your journey.  Thank you for taking the time to share so much great info!  Question--do they use the wristbands in YC for everything on Meraviglia like they do on Seaside?

Thanks for coming along with me! 😁

Yes, the bracelets work in the same way as on Seaside, though we never even took them off the cards they come with (we didn't bother with them on Seaview, either, as we don't like them)

Someone asked for the wine list from Butcher's Cut (apologies for not remembering who)

We dined there last night so I managed to get it.  The sommelier, however, provided us with a wine included in Premium Plus after first offering the Robert Mondavi CB

20191108_184126.thumb.jpg.4e318c63c12843ec393cdad064a13723.jpg

20191108_183651.thumb.jpg.3c2e1f781832830e0bf0f03928a0487f.jpg

20191108_183655.thumb.jpg.30a3694930b34a27db8667fea1a8c074.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the BC wine list! Very useful. Glad you had a great cruise. Taxi to airport is a set price from the cruiseport around $25-27. The YC luggage will be in the terminal building closest to the exits. So walk past all the other bags to Gold section. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long to get thru immigration.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Someone asked for the wine list from Butcher's Cut (apologies for not remembering who)

We dined there last night so I managed to get it.  The sommelier, however, provided us with a wine included in Premium Plus after first offering the Robert Mondavi CB

Does the standard YC drink package cover any of those cocktails or wines by the glass in Butcher's Cut?

6 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks for the nice cruise blog Bea.  Always a pleasure to follow you along.  I am living vicariously thru your adventures as I am currently in dry-dock...dialysis.  Here’s hoping for a better 2020.  When is your next cruise?

Sorry to hear that, CGT.

Thank you for your lovely comments.  🙂

Our next one is an East Med one on Musica next May then Preziosa in September.

I'll add to my 'blog' some more when we get home.  My data allowance of 6.5Gb got used up pretty quickly and I'm down to a couple of hundred Mbs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'll add to my 'blog' some more when we get home.  My data allowance of 6.5Gb got used up pretty quickly and I'm down to a couple of hundred Mbs

Thanks for using your allowance on us.  We're very grateful :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a journey, Bea!

Sorry it has to end (at all), but especially with the prospect of a painfully slow disembarkation ahead.

Glad you had a good time, and your cruise pipeline is in place to keep you going through the winter! 😛

Safe travels home all.

• Thanks 1

Hi Bea. I can't believe that 'our' latest cruise is now over.  All in all, I can't help but feel that it was less than satisfactory although I realise that YC has made up for some of the shortfalls. I look forward to your overall views when you get back. Slan abhaile, Bea. Hope hubs is feeling good now. Ken

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Looks like a nice day in Miami, yesterday the weather was terrible so this is a bit of luck. Wishing you smooth travels today and always.

Thanks BB! 😊

It certainly is a beautiful day.

Saying a very sad goodbye to Mera and the wonderful cruise we've just had.  Getting a little emotional just now typing this ... a really good sign of just how much we enjoyed it!

20191110_115913.thumb.jpg.b270010ad6e08eac9798eeadf046956a.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Hi Bea. I can't believe that 'our' latest cruise is now over.  All in all, I can't help but feel that it was less than satisfactory although I realise that YC has made up for some of the shortfalls. I look forward to your overall views when you get back. Slan abhaile, Bea. Hope hubs is feeling good now. Ken

Go raibh míle maith agat, a chara!

Hubs has been on wonderful form, apart from some minor issues with a build-up of gas that seems to come on when he has to walk anywhere for long, though only at some times.  🙄  He's still off the cigarettes and really feeling the benefits!  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

So how is dissembarkation progressing this morning? Is it proving to be as bad as they were warning?

We've just arrived to the airport hotel now and finally have wifi.

When I went to use the last of my shipboard allowance this morning , the connection had been shut down!!!

Anyway  .... we stayed onboard in TSL til 11.30am, drinking champagne, til they told us it was time to leave.  There was nobody at immigration when we got there at 11.45.  All the crowds were gone!  We were on a shuttle bus by 12pm and arrived at the hotel at 12.30pm.  We had the room booked for 10am to 6pm.  They are allowing us to stay til 8pm.  Check in is at 7pm for our 10pm flight and we've been told we can come back to the room once we've done that! 😁

• Like 2

So ... we're having our first ever visit to a Margaritaville (an 'Air' one).  I've just had a Philly cheesesteak ................. without the cheese. 😱  (I know, I know - you've told me before ..... 🤣🤣)

20191110_133533.thumb.jpg.b03d5a695278812c97db1432eb9f91ee.jpg

It was as bad as it looks!

DH had the Beach sandwich, which he enjoyed

20191110_133528.thumb.jpg.762b8bc86c2dcde81ac67277249ab1a1.jpg

• Like 2