Ice Bar questions

E&B

We’re on the Breakaway next May and are interested in going to the Ice Bar. From my research here I know it’s cold, drinks are pre-made and very sweet and it’s $20 or $29 to get in which gets you either one or two drinks. But, this is all from old threads. Can anyone tell me if we need reservations or do we just show up?  What is the current fee and how many drinks are included?

I was on the Breakaway last week.  I can tell you that there was a desk set up in front of the Ice Bar with an "Ice Bar Reservations" sign and an extremely bored employee.  I had no interest so I can't comment on prices, but it definitely wasn't a popular spot.  I camped out on nearby couches to read and listen to the music so I had direct line of sight to the door often.  One night I saw a party of four enter...and that the only activity I saw over the course of 7 days.

Did this on the Epic.  The pre-made drinks were all pretty bad - bartender in there did give me a shot of just vodka though.  It's small, very cold, and the only reason to do this is to be able to say "I've been in an ice bar".  Not worth it in my opinion.

I agree not to do it more than once but IMHO everyone has to experience it at least once. Plus it makes a great photo opportunity.  I did it twice but the second time we were traveling with people who did not experience before and we took them. I would not do it again unless I was traveling with someone who wanted to try it.

There are bigger wastes of money on a ship than the ICE bar IMHO.  The challenge is to try and stay as long as you can.  They rarely ever throw anyone out.  Several times people gave me their extra drink ticket and I was staying warm by gulping down all that vodka 😣

• Like 2

I enjoyed the ice bar, I would probably do it again... I really liked the ice wine... the strategy (as david_sobe says) is to dress warmly & accept all of the second tickets of the folks wearing flip flops... I may have gotten a little hammered.  

• Like 3

Did this on the Epic. 

It was pretty Meh!!

Sugary sweet faux  premixed drinks and not even very cold could have stayed in there for a good half hour in normal clothes!!!.

Still it was an experience and I got it at a discount and had a good laugh when others found it COLD!!! 🤣

We went on the Epic & of course I wore flip flops lol. My son gave me his socks to put on. One of my sons was under 18 so he had non alcoholic drinks & they were actually better than the ones they served us! I tried to get them to put vodka in them but they wouldn't 

Daughter and son in law did it a couple years ago on the Breakaway They said it was fun but would not waste their money again. They were only there about 10 or 15 they said. Our younger daughters just did it on the Breakaway last week: one loved it, the other was luck warm, well obviously not literally warm. again it seemed to me more just being able to say: I did it and getting their picture taken in the snow cloths. They wanted us to do it, but we declined. I am pretty sure the price was $29.95