New to Seabourn; a Few Questions

seatrial

We were told a few years ago that Seabourn stopped with the full bottles of champagne was that some passengers couldn't lift their suitcases when they were leaving as their suitcases were full of bottles of champagne that's why they will only give glasses now. Dont know how true it was? 

Thank you all for the very informative replies. 

Two questions;

1.  In order to use the snorkel gear, do you check it out and return after each use.  We were planning on bringing our own as there are at least three opportunities to just go out on our own to snorkel.  Flying with snorkel gear is not easy so using Seabourn's equipment would be helpful.

2. I was not aware that Seabourn has different soap choices.  Are they from Molton and Brown?

I am really looking forward to sailing with Seabourn.  My only concern is getting spoiled and not being able to return to the mass-market ships.

Thanks again.

seatrial - first, you will be completely spoiled by Seabourn! You simply pick up any snorkel gear you need - no sign in or out. Keep it for as long as you need it. When you are done, just leave it in your suite for your room stewardess to return. Quite a shock compared to other cruiselines.You are actually treated like a responsible adult. What a concept!

I believe the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand cream are all Molton Brown products.  At least some of the hard soaps were from different companies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seatrial said:

Thank you all for the very informative replies. 

Two questions;

1.  In order to use the snorkel gear, do you check it out and return after each use.  We were planning on bringing our own as there are at least three opportunities to just go out on our own to snorkel.  Flying with snorkel gear is not easy so using Seabourn's equipment would be helpful.

2. I was not aware that Seabourn has different soap choices.  Are they from Molton and Brown?

I am really looking forward to sailing with Seabourn.  My only concern is getting spoiled and not being able to return to the mass-market ships.

Thanks again.

The soap choices previously have been an off-label (sorry not sure how to say it in English!) exfoliant soap, this is a large bar that is popular with a lot of posters here but I believe SB may have stopped supplying this one. Hope someone can confirm either way. Plus a nice quality L' Occitane hand soap and a small Hermes hand soap, in the Orange d'eau Verte fragrance. That's my favourite - I find the smell to be very fresh and suitably unisex.

They usually offer all of them during the suite stewardesses initial meeting with you in your suite.

The shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gels have been Molton Brown brand. (I don't care for it too much from a quality point but the scents are usually pleasant)

Your suite stewardess will replace all of these items as needed. 

Would like to hear from recent cruisers if the soap selection has changed at all?

Edited - 'off-label' = unbranded (my English always slips when I'm tired!)

Edited by Isklaar

• 2 weeks later...

Jumping on this post, How do I apply OBC to pay for a shore excursion? When I try to book an excursion Seabourn want to charge my credit card at the time of booking. 

Should I wait until we are on board to book shore excursions with our OBC?

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

Jumping on this post, How do I apply OBC to pay for a shore excursion? When I try to book an excursion Seabourn want to charge my credit card at the time of booking. 

Should I wait until we are on board to book shore excursions with our OBC?

Thanks.

Yes, as far as I'm aware, the only way to do it is to book when onboard.  We want to do this with some OBC and we're waiting till we embark next week

So looking around it seems that the way to go is to book and pay by credit card and then once on board ask the Seabourn staff to "cancel" the excursion and rebook using the OBC. It seems that your credit card will be reimbursed at the end of the voyage.

I'm hoping that works !

For OBC, the folks in the Square will apply any non-refundable OBC you have to any prepaid excursions.  The prepaid amount becomes refundable on your shipboard account, and at the end of the cruise, assuming you did not use up the refundable credits they are credited back to your credit card.  

Since we will be first timers in January a few questions for those who have sailed recently...

sailing on the Odyssey and in the spa area do they have heated loungers? (I see they have different steam, sauna and showers) - are all these extra charge areas? (would assume so)

I am dairy free and gluten free and have recently discovered oat milk as a great non dairy alternative - would assume there would be soy and possibly almond milk on board - what about oat milk? I know you can submit dietary restrictions pre boarding but that seems like a stretch for something that specific.

Thanks all

Bob

• 1 year later...

Just booked our first Seabourn cruise for June 2022. I was trying to find out if there are any wine tasting events on these cruises. Also on sea days are there planned lectures, cooking demonstrations?

46 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Just booked our first Seabourn cruise for June 2022. I was trying to find out if there are any wine tasting events on these cruises. Also on sea days are there planned lectures, cooking demonstrations?

Wine tasting events happen, but as they usually feature premium wines they are a charged for item.  

On sea days there are usually two lectures, one around 11am, the other around 2.30pm. Sometimes one takes place later at around 6.30pm. Seabourn calls these 'Conversations'.

They do have cooking demonstrations also, but not on every cruise.

• Like 1