Favorite cruise song ?

George C

Bob Brown,  Thank you for posting the Vangelis music.  I believe that was played at departure on our last Grandeur of the Seas cruise.  I didn't know what it was, but it felt like the beginning of a magnificent adventure!  Sailing into the darkness, bitter winds, ice on the deck.....

I'm so glad that no one has mentioned any of my three Least Favorite Cruise Songs!  And no, I am not going to name them.  In fact, I'm going to do something else right now, before one takes hold of my brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, davekathy said:

I even liked the movie Saturday Night Fever. For me the movies storyline was a lot more than just about disco. My wife loved the movie and has it on DVD. I prefer pre disco Bee Gees. 

The play Saturday night fever is on Liberty of the seas, saw it twice it’s a decent play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

The play Saturday night fever is on Liberty of the seas, saw it twice it’s a decent play. 

We did a B2B cruise on the LOS March/April 2011. At the end of our second leg the CD announced the next cruise Saturday Night Fever was going to be the new show in the evening. Needless to say, my wife was totally bummed that we just missed it. One of the shows on that B2B was called, "In The Air". Excellent show. I believe (?) SNF replaced that show. 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, shipgeeks said:

I'm so glad that no one has mentioned any of my three Least Favorite Cruise Songs!  And no, I am not going to name them.  In fact, I'm going to do something else right now, before one takes hold of my brain.

"Feeling Hot Hot Hot"

(sorry).  

On 9/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, bob brown said:

Lots of good suggestion's...

Here's one that many won't know, but when I sailed on the Celebrity Silhouette during its inaugural season, they seemed to play this often, upon sailaway....

How many besides me know that Vangelis and the lead singer of Yes were a two man music group more than 50 years ago.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, George C said:

We are sailing next Saturday two of my favorites of many are

Beyond the sea - Bobby Darin 

Sailing - Christoffer Cross , who we have seen a few times in concerts and sometimes plays cruise ships

I know this is an old post but I saw it and just wanted to say, I never paid attention to Somewhere Beyond the Sea till we went on our first cruise (Carnival Fantasy) and heard it several times and now I love that song!!!  Sailing is good too and Sail On by the Commodores is also one of my favorites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

lol... one of the commenters on that page " ... I grew up in this magical Time called the 70s."   hmmmmm  wonder what magic they're referring to  😄

60's and 70's I can't remember too much, but I "do (you) believe in magic". Lovin' Spoonful, 1965. ✌️

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

60's and 70's I can't remember too much, but I "do (you) believe in magic". Lovin' Spoonful, 1965. ✌️

I listen to the '60's and '70's  channels on SiriusXM more than any of the other channels that are available.  Even the '50's channel brings memories of my high school years.  There was some really enjoyable music during those three decades.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

All kinds of different magic from 60's to 80's. Black Magic Woman by Santana. You Can Do Magic by America, Magical Mystery Tour by Beatles just to name a few. 

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

All kinds of different magic from 60's to 80's. Black Magic Woman by Santana. You Can Do Magic by America, Magical Mystery Tour by Beatles just to name a few. 

Agee. Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf. Way too many to post. Santana did a pretty good job covering Fleetwood Mac, Black Magic Women.

22 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I listen to the '60's and '70's  channels on SiriusXM more than any of the other channels that are available.  Even the '50's channel brings memories of my high school years.  There was some really enjoyable music during those three decades.  

Best 50’s group in my opinion The Duprees

• Like 1