Favorite cruise song ?

George C

4 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Favorite: Love Boat theme

Least Favorite: My Heart Will Go On

I rather puncture my body with needles than listen to the Love Boat theme.In my opinion rather than water boarding being forced to watch episodes of Love Boat would achieve whatever one would hope to attain.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I rather puncture my body with needles than listen to the Love Boat theme.In my opinion rather than water boarding being forced to watch episodes of Love Boat would achieve whatever one would hope to attain.

I hear you. Understood. 
artworks-000590307383-h11dt1-t500x500.jp

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Same here - I would opt for “Rolling Home” - especially suited for the last couple of days of a happy cruise.

• Like 1

Not my favorite cruise song, but I do enjoy The Love Boat Theme.  I think it is a rather good idea for Princess' Royal Class ships to be able to play the initial notes of the theme as they sail.  When I sailed on Royal Princess and the theme was played as we sailed from Port Everglades, for me, it added to my enjoyment of the sailaway party.  

7 hours ago, marco said:

As the ship is pulling out, "Bye Bye Baby" from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes always comes to mind.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes:  a movie that I saw when I was a pre-teen with Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell, Charles Coburn, et al.  Was it that movie that ignited my interest in ocean liner travel?  I don't recall the song "Bye Bye Baby" even when I viewed a film clip of it on You Tube, but, I understand why one would recall this song when a ship sails.  

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes:  maybe the first "Love Boat"?  

On 9/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, George C said:

What’s your thoughts on “the morning after” from the Poseidon adventure

There's got to be one.........I think it won an Academy Award too.

My vote would go to Cher and her video  "If I could Turn Back Time "....

• Like 3

On 9/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, ldubs said:

Or, there is this favorite: 

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.52.00 AM.png

First time I ver walked out of a concert while they were playing was 1968 I believe seeing Procal Harum in the Fillmore East in 1968 previous bands were great . 

1 hour ago, George C said:

First time I ver walked out of a concert while they were playing was 1968 I believe seeing Procal Harum in the Fillmore East in 1968 previous bands were great . 

Sorry to hear that.  I never saw them live in concert but I sure like a lot of their music.  

4 hours ago, George C said:

I saw them in 1973 at the Hollywood Bowl and still have a few of their albums.

• Like 1