Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

Looking forward to another great review, thanks for taking the time to bring everyone along!!

On 11/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, sid_9169 said:

As usual, I'll be armed with a few different anti-hangover remedies. I still have several Flyby and Detoxx pills leftover from my recent Horizon cruise. I'll also be testing out a new brand called Drinkwel... You can never take too many precautions when it comes to remaining functional after days and nights filled with overindulging... (Speaking of overindulging. I have 3 different Thanksgiving dinners to go to in the next 2 days...) 

Hmm, Sailing on the 19th for my 50th, wondering where I can get my hands on some these?

Which would you recommend?

Thanks again for the great review!

Edited by threewide
added line

Does anyone know when officers and cruise director on Encore will be going on vacation?

I will be sailing Jan 26th. 

Thank you for any information.

1 hour ago, threewide said:

Hmm, Sailing on the 19th for my 50th, wondering where I can get my hands on some these?

Which would you recommend?

Thanks again for the great review!

All can be found on Amazon...

27 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

Does anyone know when officers and cruise director on Encore will be going on vacation?

I will be sailing Jan 26th. 

Thank you for any information.

All of the same officers and crew should still be onboard in late January as were there in December...

Great review! Thank you for doing this. We will be on the Encore in March of 2021. 

Really enjoyed reading your review!  We will be on the Encore in March 2020.  My husband thought your blue collared shirt was impressive, so I ordered it for him.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, sid_9169 said:

One foot. Two foot. A red foot. A blue foot...

IMG_20191203_132209.thumb.jpg.e8af89059772cc1275890eddafef1d36.jpg

IMG_20191203_132230.thumb.jpg.bff4dc9cd8ede1ee2d64f8a745d84713.jpg

And, one extremely crooked foot...

IMG_20191203_132437.jpg

Dang how many toes is that? 6? 7? Gross!

Edited by JMHAM1
Not finished with my comment

Great review Sid, though I was way late to the party!!!  I enjoy your reviews, food p0rn & drink pics...and your perspective. I can’t wait to hear about your Virgin Cruise!!

Thanks again!

Hey Sid, looking for your recommendations since you are familiar with San Juan. We leave 2/9 on Encore and will be in SJ on Tuesday 530-1130, my fiance' isn't too keen on walking the streets at night, not comfortable out of her element, so wondering if you have a recommendation for good drinks, rooftop bar/resturant to get the sites, near the pier? I hope we can do some exploring nearby before it gets dark but can expect to stay close to the ship after dark. Thanks much for any insight!!

On 11/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, sid_9169 said:

Finishing up work and one of my hand drawn maps, and about to go conquer "3rd Thanksgiving"... You could say that I'm officially on vacation now!!!...

IMG_20191129_140250.jpg

I see the Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant * marked on your map!  We ate there on our last visit to San Juan.  Shrimp Munfungo!  So good.

IMG_1709.jpeg

Edited by ksmcdonald

6 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

Hey Sid, looking for your recommendations since you are familiar with San Juan. We leave 2/9 on Encore and will be in SJ on Tuesday 530-1130, my fiance' isn't too keen on walking the streets at night, not comfortable out of her element, so wondering if you have a recommendation for good drinks, rooftop bar/resturant to get the sites, near the pier? I hope we can do some exploring nearby before it gets dark but can expect to stay close to the ship after dark. Thanks much for any insight!!

San Juan is pretty safe, even after dark... We walked up and down almost every street in the city and never felt unsafe... Punto de Vista is only about five or six blocks inland from the cruise pier. Great food and drinks and they're usually on a wait. There are plenty of shops around close to the pier if you don't want to venture out that far.

I revisited this thread and enjoyed your narrative all over again... and damned if I didn’t find myself on the NCL site promptly thereafter. 

I’m now booked on the 5-day Labor Day cruise on Encore to Bermuda, in a Studio, and have every intention of snagging a Vibe pass. This is your fault!

Edited by coastcat

On 1/30/2020 at 12:58 PM, coastcat said:

I revisited this thread and enjoyed your narrative all over again... and damned if I didn’t find myself on the NCL site promptly thereafter. 

I’m now booked on the 5-day Labor Day cruise on Encore to Bermuda, in a Studio, and have every intention of snagging a Vibe pass. This is your fault!

You won't be sorry... Have an awesome cruise, thank's for following and "re-reading"...

Hey Sid==

Now I've read all the way through your Horizon Review and the Encore Review.  I'm about to start on some of your older ones.

I absolutely love your writing style.  You remind me so much of my son, who also lives in Georgia, but few years older than you.

With the camera in front of your face all the time, I thought it was him!!  He's a hard-working single dad with girls about the age of your Ashlee.  He also loves his shirts, buzz hair cut, same body style, same style in home decor even.  OMG!!  I'm almost half way through the Ay Tee El thread and love it.  

Marilyn(mimi)

On 3/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, mimi7ccr said:

Hey Sid==

Now I've read all the way through your Horizon Review and the Encore Review.  I'm about to start on some of your older ones.

I absolutely love your writing style.  You remind me so much of my son, who also lives in Georgia, but few years older than you.

With the camera in front of your face all the time, I thought it was him!!  He's a hard-working single dad with girls about the age of your Ashlee.  He also loves his shirts, buzz hair cut, same body style, same style in home decor even.  OMG!!  I'm almost half way through the Ay Tee El thread and love it.  

Marilyn(mimi)

Thanks so much for reading, and hopefully you'll join me in real time for my next cruise on Virgin Voyages new Scarlet Lady in May... That is, if the entire cruise industry hasn't collapsed from the corona virus hysteria...

Since my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady was cancelled for May, I've re-booked for late September on a back to back... My 200% credit was enough to cover 2 cruises, and I have over $1,000 in OBC (AKA: Drinking Money!) Fingers crossed for a recovery by then. Join me over on the Virgin Voyages board then!...

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Since my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady was cancelled for May, I've re-booked for late September on a back to back... My 200% credit was enough to cover 2 cruises, and I have over $1,000 in OBC (AKA: Drinking Money!) Fingers crossed for a recovery by then. Join me over on the Virgin Voyages board then!...

Its so sad to see both the Virgin Scarlet Lady and NCL Encore just parked at the port of Miami with nowhere to go