On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

2 hours ago, jbhcw said:

Following!  Love your pictures...we sailed the Osterdam out of San Diego in 08 for my retirement cruise...think we had the same hotel room lol...Loved staying there when we cruised out of San Diego.  Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

We love the Oosterdam.  Thanks everyone for following along.

Internet is slow right now so will post more later hopefully.  We are awake early enough to head to Pinnacle for breakfast.  @Kazu:  will see if the mimosas are included like they have been in the past for us but not others.

This cruise is the first one we are going to do NOTHING!   No excursions, total relaxation.  

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Internet is slow right now so will post more later hopefully.  We are awake early enough to head to Pinnacle for breakfast.  @Kazu:  will see if the mimosas are included like they have been in the past for us but not others.

This cruise is the first one we are going to do NOTHING!   No excursions, total relaxation.  

Good morning!!!

Hope you guys slept well👍
I’m curious also if mimosas will be in the PG!! NOTHING IS YOUR NEW MANTRA FOR THIS CRUISE! Take care and remember to relax and enjoy😉

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning!!!

Hope you guys slept well👍
I’m curious also if mimosas will be in the PG!! NOTHING IS YOUR NEW MANTRA FOR THIS CRUISE! Take care and remember to relax and enjoy😉

Denise😊

For you and Kazu and everyone -mimosas are still included for breakfast in Pinnacle!  Nice quiet atmosphere.  They’ve cut back on the cottage cheese, lol.

B77BAAAC-DB8F-4538-9DDF-EF43C84FCEDB.jpeg

C62B115F-58D1-4777-8374-D6031E01A59F.jpeg

EC1A1A20-926B-4586-8D40-A0C7C3CCA631.jpeg

AFE34B31-36DA-40CC-8DD7-4075DA951B43.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bemidji Ty said:

Hi.  What time did you embark?

Cheers

They started letting Group A on about 11:40 (so Neptune suites, 4&5* Mariners).  We arrived early at the port after we had breakfast and arrived around 10:15.  The porters were taking luggage from inside when we sat down.  They had staplers for those that didn’t have their tags on.   We enjoy meeting and talking to others while waiting for the security/boarding process.  

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

For you and Kazu and everyone -mimosas are still included for breakfast in Pinnacle!  Nice quiet atmosphere.  They’ve cut back on the cottage cheese, lol.

B77BAAAC-DB8F-4538-9DDF-EF43C84FCEDB.jpeg

C62B115F-58D1-4777-8374-D6031E01A59F.jpeg

EC1A1A20-926B-4586-8D40-A0C7C3CCA631.jpeg

AFE34B31-36DA-40CC-8DD7-4075DA951B43.jpeg

Thanks for letting us know!!! Cut back on cottage cheese hummmm... LOL that’s fine with me. The breakfast looks good and mimosas yum!

Denise😊

Enjoy the relaxing sea day 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We are doing a back to back Mexico from San Diego.  Woke up this morning to opening our curtains and seeing the ship-love that!  We spent 4 days prior to the cruise in San Diego during their heavy rain storms & wind.  Luckily we knew this before arriving so brought coat & umbrella.

We went to the Mariner reception which still includes alcohol, no charge.  They do prefer you taking their mimosas or sparkling wine but if you request something else they will get it.   Great appetizers of breaded scallops, springs rolls and spicy wings.

Off to muster drill.  I’m not great at answering questions (unless really easy!!).  We have the premium internet included in a promo when we booked our Neptune suite.  More later.  

2FD1EE6D-3691-42DE-A10E-F3126BDDFA8D.jpeg

Looking forward to your report, CanadianBear! will be sailing the Mexican Riviera in February...can't wait to see your postings!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thanks for letting us know!!! Cut back on cottage cheese hummmm... LOL that’s fine with me. The breakfast looks good and mimosas yum!

Denise😊

Enjoy the relaxing sea day 

You’re the same as my hubby, he said no cottage cheese.  Last cruise it was served in a small dish not a tiny table spoon of it.  I love it so next breakfast I’ll ask for more.  

The omelet is a 2 egger (they advertise 3 eggs). Even the 2 egg omelet was too big I had to share with hubby.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

You’re the same as my hubby, he said no cottage cheese.  Last cruise it was served in a small dish not a tiny table spoon of it.  I love it so next breakfast I’ll ask for more.  

The omelet is a 2 egger (they advertise 3 eggs). Even the 2 egg omelet was too big I had to share with hubby.

So funny!!! I though you were the eggs Benedict!!  My hubby is an omelette Guy

and I love eggs Benedict and always ask for more sauce LOL!

Denise👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

So funny!!! I though you were the eggs Benedict!!  My hubby is an omelette Guy

and I love eggs Benedict and always ask for more sauce LOL!

Denise👍

I do love eggs Benny...next time.  My hubby asks for the sauce on the side & doesn’t use much-for me, more sauce the better too!

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I do love eggs Benny...next time.  My hubby asks for the sauce on the side & doesn’t use much-for me, more sauce the better too!

Love it I !!!!

great pictures of ocean bar!!

I will be curious of OC! I want your opinion!

Take care

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Thanks.  I will be interested to hear on the mimosas.  They weren’t included on the P’dam or the Rotterdam when we sailed.

Here’s hoping for the Vista ship next year 😉 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  I will be interested to hear on the mimosas.  They weren’t included on the P’dam or the Rotterdam when we sailed.

Here’s hoping for the Vista ship next year 😉 🤞

My post 28-they’re included!!  I hope they don’t take that away too.  

F104AF9D-EF8F-40B5-9E4F-714D7F08A775.jpeg

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

My post 28-they’re included!!  I hope they don’t take that away too.  

F104AF9D-EF8F-40B5-9E4F-714D7F08A775.jpeg

Thanks 🙂 

Not sure how I missed that in post 28?  Sheesh at myself 😉 

That’s great.  Will be wonderful if they are included for our sea days. 😄 

• Like 1

Sailed the O in NS, last cruise with DH before he died.  On her again with friends this past April, so your pics bring back some wonderful memories of both times.  That sunset was museum-worthy, gorgeous.  Enjoying your posts.  Have a Mexican cruise scheduled for 2021 that I was thinking of cancelling.  Maybe I'm rethinking if I can find someone to go with me.  Have a wonderful cruise.

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Sailed the O in NS, last cruise with DH before he died.  On her again with friends this past April, so your pics bring back some wonderful memories of both times.  That sunset was museum-worthy, gorgeous.  Enjoying your posts.  Have a Mexican cruise scheduled for 2021 that I was thinking of cancelling.  Maybe I'm rethinking if I can find someone to go with me.  Have a wonderful cruise.

I can see why this ship is special to you.  I hope you keep your 2021 cruise.  My husband is getting tired of cruising-I wish the ships had more reasonable prices for people wanting a cabin alone but I understand it’s a money thing for them.    Thank you for the sunset compliment-I only have my iPhone with me so if photos turn out it’s a bonus, lol! 

• Thanks 1

Last night after supper we went to the BBKings-they were fantastic.  Not super loud like we’ve found on other ships.  My photos may not be in the right order, sorry, but I know you can all figure them out.  (Not sure why they do this when I download them in order!) 

Tonight is the first Gala night and we will be going to anytime dining and trying the Club Orange line.  Will report later or tomorrow.  

DFC9B8F8-9A1E-49FC-8E51-FFEE00E3CDD1.jpeg

488536EF-F93A-4CDA-80DD-2FBB41E1D0C4.jpeg

6A746C53-A582-4D57-A931-E16939EA5B11.jpeg

21118619-89C3-4589-977E-13CCAF925353.jpeg

23849ABA-5913-4BDE-8C9B-A98B3EBFB5CA.jpeg

7F803213-1D22-49E7-805F-D92263732607.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, canadianbear said:

We are doing a back to back Mexico from San Diego.  Woke up this morning to opening our curtains and seeing the ship-love that!  We spent 4 days prior to the cruise in San Diego during their heavy rain storms & wind.  Luckily we knew this before arriving so brought coat & umbrella.

We went to the Mariner reception which still includes alcohol, no charge.  They do prefer you taking their mimosas or sparkling wine but if you request something else they will get it.   Great appetizers of breaded scallops, springs rolls and spicy wings.

Off to muster drill.  I’m not great at answering questions (unless really easy!!).  We have the premium internet included in a promo when we booked our Neptune suite.  More later.  

2FD1EE6D-3691-42DE-A10E-F3126BDDFA8D.jpeg

Looking forward to your posts Mr and Mr Bear.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I will be curious of OC! I want your opinion!

Take care

Denise😊

So we went to the MDR tonight at 6:30 for Gala night.  We were first in line at CO and they had a table ready in under 5 minutes.  However, the actual wait for walk-ins did not appear long.  We have not found the ship crowded and often look at each other and wonder where everyone is. 

• Like 1