On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

11 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

After dinner we returned to our room to change before the 9pm illusionist show.  What a nice surprise on our bed!

50E75801-737D-40E1-8075-641A7F523C60.jpeg

Dutch chocolade (chocolate) letters, a tradition for the holidays! How cool is that 🙂

• Like 2

Good morning canadianbear!!

Glad your having a lot of rest and relaxation time! Your doing a great job on reporting all that you do!!

I appreciate your honesty about OC. I agree not worth it especially as a 4 star and even with a NS just doesn’t  Make me get excited. Will have to see on Koningsdam next year with our NS.

Light rain this early am but is suppose to clear up With over cast clouds today in San Diego. 
Have a nice day in Cabo! I agree good relaxing by the pool. 
Denise😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Dutch chocolade (chocolate) letters, a tradition for the holidays! How cool is that 🙂

It was a lovely surprise as we didn’t get them when we were on the Koningsdam.  Love these kinds of surprises!

• Like 1

I’m onboard also but am traveling with a friend so haven’t spent time with Cruise Critic postings this cruise. I want to thank Canadianbear for all the great pictures and info!  I’d like to add that the club orange menu offering of the the duck entree listed above was a standard MDR offering a couple days ago, so not really different from normal entrees. It was as delicious though!  I have been very happy with the food quality this week.  I’m shocked to hear about the Club HAL change discussed on the other thread though!!  There aren’t many kids on this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

I’m onboard also but am traveling with a friend so haven’t spent time with Cruise Critic postings this cruise. I want to thank Canadianbear for all the great pictures and info!  I’d like to add that the club orange menu offering of the the duck entree listed above was a standard MDR offering a couple days ago, so not really different from normal entrees. It was as delicious though!  I have been very happy with the food quality this week.  I’m shocked to hear about the Club HAL change discussed on the other thread though!!  There aren’t many kids on this week. 

It’s really a scam!!  Let’s offer CO one extra entree that we’ve had before on regular menu 😒.  I honestly don’t think I’d ever recommend someone buying it but to each their own.  Some have had positive reviews but I think more are negative.

I also was shocked about Club Hal and the thread. We now have a grandchild and certainly will not take her on a HAL cruise.  They are missing the mark by changing it as their loyal clients spend lots taking their extended families on cruises.  

Sorry we didn’t meet up oakridger. 

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

It’s really a scam!!  Let’s offer CO one extra entree that we’ve had before on regular menu 😒.  I honestly don’t think I’d ever recommend someone buying it but to each their own.  Some have had positive reviews but I think more are negative.

I also was shocked about Club Hal and the thread. We now have a grandchild and certainly will not take her on a HAL cruise.  They are missing the mark by changing it as their loyal clients spend lots taking their extended families on cruises.  

Sorry we didn’t meet up oakridger. 

I so agree with you 100%!
Club HAL 😞 so sad for parents who in the past enjoyed their children there. HAL is going in the wrong direction!! Now IMO

OC is not worth it from a lot of CCers views But there are several on the Pinnacle Class say how much  they enjoy it!
will pass on OC and I will enjoy Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Rudy’s Sel de mar! 
Had a lot of sunshine that broke through today here in San Diego! 
Denise😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I so agree with you 100%!
Club HAL 😞 so sad for parents who in the past enjoyed their children there. HAL is going in the wrong direction!! Now IMO

OC is not worth it from a lot of CCers views But there are several on the Pinnacle Class say how much  they enjoy it!
will pass on OC and I will enjoy Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Rudy’s Sel de mar! 
Had a lot of sunshine that broke through today here in San Diego! 
Denise😊

Could you order more sunshine when we have to be there overnight on Saturday!  I love San Diego to be honest but wish our Mazatlán day was still on the agenda.  

It sounds like CO is more popular on the Pinnacle class ships.  I saw a post that Roger purchased CO and will report.  

Sitting on our deck with a beautiful view (and a glass of wine!!) waiting for last tender to load then we are off.  Couldn’t have asked for a nicer day in Cabo.  Spent lots of time in the aft pool which was refreshing (cold to some!) 

oh-and couldn’t resist these 2 little dresses for our granddaughter ❤️

BB400811-2964-4667-BEB3-978779CF280F.jpeg

BEFEF3CD-C12D-44EF-BCC1-EE7D7E7C3CCE.jpeg

CE9445E1-3233-469F-94B6-E0ADADA7EA48.jpeg

FA690A74-0403-4D96-A688-3BE8B6BE25FC.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Sitting on our deck with a beautiful view (and a glass of wine!!) waiting for last tender to load then we are off.  Couldn’t have asked for a nicer day in Cabo.  Spent lots of time in the aft pool which was refreshing (cold to some!) 

I to wish Mazatlán was on the schedule for you also! Clear skies here at my home in Leucadia! Ocean very blue lots of sun! I hope for sunny skies for you Saturday.

Those dresses are adorable! Enjoy your wine too! I like Cabo and sitting with a drink and relaxing👍
Denise😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I to wish Mazatlán was on the schedule for you also! Clear skies here at my home in Leucadia! Ocean very blue lots of sun! I hope for sunny skies for you Saturday.

Those dresses are adorable! Enjoy your wine too! I like Cabo and sitting with a drink and relaxing👍
Denise😊

Thanks!  It’s been years since I’ve bought anything in Mexico and forgot about how they start prices so high!  Walked away from one place as I knew the maximum I’d spend.  Of course he wanted me back but I found another place to buy the dresses!!! 

• Like 1

Some random photos from today from breakfast in Pinnacle and walking around Cabo etc.  We also had our flowers replaced in our cabin.  The stewards are again these invisible genies!!  

First photo is our window view from breakfast today arriving in Cabo. First day we’ve had a window seat as the tables are usually for four.  The other photo is usually where we sit-at a table for two.  Hope the photos don’t come through twice-I need a lesson from POA!

16E6337A-D72D-4BAE-B977-EF4F50261099.thumb.jpeg.8e19b68777b87ce5fe42236ac1e2cdc3.jpeg

167D778B-FD4A-48AF-BBA6-AB55B93BD058.jpeg

EFBB0347-9420-44C6-BD0B-FA01184ADE0C.jpeg

F0F371B0-F58B-49D5-B2BB-AEFFA04A437F.jpeg

4B21ACA5-CB88-411C-8FA5-FE8C67649037.jpeg

CE65D717-5FFD-47C8-84FF-B35FC2E27282.jpeg

E9D86990-830F-4C90-94F1-9A9EC75E40B8.jpeg

FA0FFE84-3238-48D8-A90C-448ABFB51B0C.jpeg

• Like 1

The sun was right in our eyes when I was trying to take a photo of the arches when leaving. We chose to stay on our balcony for sail away since we were on the “right” side 😁

We love the aft pool and hang out there a lot.  If you ever see an old woman & hubby jump in from the deep end, that’s probably us-say hi! 

8E8700BA-CDF7-4769-B7D1-BAF04143FC49.jpeg

4A29995E-D11D-4D2F-88F3-3D71971D739B.jpeg

CEB5560D-B458-4705-B7B2-3AF4C64BF06E.jpeg

DC5CF8F0-F97C-4FE4-8B04-E546B028E6D6.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Sweet dresses for your grand daughter.  She’ll be enchanting In them 🙂 

• Like 1