On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

The Christmas decorations in the atrium are really pretty!  I haven’t learned how to post pictures yet so maybe Canadianbear will get a picture to share. I’m ready to get out to sea.  Hopefully we will leave this afternoon as scheduled!  

21 minutes ago, oakridger said:

The Christmas decorations in the atrium are really pretty!  I haven’t learned how to post pictures yet so maybe Canadianbear will get a picture to share. I’m ready to get out to sea.  Hopefully we will leave this afternoon as scheduled!  

We are also ancy to get to sea again!  Come up to Crow’s Nest (since we don’t have to do the Muster)....we are up here for awhile.  Or see you on aft deck at sailaway-although it’s kind of cold.  

Edited by canadianbear

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Glad to see the Christmas lights and ornaments out and decorations going up for you now canadianbear!

Have you hears if Oosterdam will be leaving our port on time?

Hope so for you and DH👍
Denise😊

Muster is at 4 (and we don’t have to go) so we are assuming we will be leaving on time-we haven’t heard differently.  

11 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Muster is at 4 (and we don’t have to go) so we are assuming we will be leaving on time-we haven’t heard differently.  

That’s great!!

Enjoy SAILAWAY cocktails and yummy food!

Smooth Sailings And most of all have fun!

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

They are starting to set up Christmas displays now-was hoping that would happen before we got off next week so I’m happy!

How nice 🙂 

It should be fun watching the ship change 😄 

• Like 1

My Google news feed tonight..

San Diego — 

Passengers aboard the Holland America Line cruise ship Oosterdam unexpectedly had an extra day to spend in San Diego this weekend when propeller issues delayed the ship’s departure on a 7-day Mexican cruise.

The ship was originally scheduled to depart San Diego’s harbor on Saturday evening, but an issue Holland America described as “required maintenance” on the ship’s propeller forced the ship to delay its departure until 6 p.m. Sunday. Erik Elvejord, director of public relations for Holland America Line, said the maintenance work “does not affect the safe operation of the ship.”

While the ship remained in port, Elvejord said Holland American provided a free shuttle for passengers to the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego. He said passengers were informed by letter and communication of the unscheduled delay.

Because of the late start, passengers were told that the ship would no longer be able to visit Mazatlan, which is the second stop on the ship’s three-destination itinerarly, which was to have included Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta.

The Oosterdam has a capacity of 1,964 passengers. It is 936 feet long and 105 feet wide.

Nice sailaway and thankful the weather cooperated tonight!  Was actually a large turnout on the aft deck for awhile.  

We also saw the boat parade from

the aft deck then from our starboard side balcony.  Too far away to get photos though.

1A99DBBC-C939-4CDA-B97D-F79EDEA2A1C4.jpeg

F87D4B1B-6CAF-4ECA-9B97-E2283E9FB9FD.jpeg

52DA10C5-D0D3-41D3-89C0-F14033D38555.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We did get out.  It cleared up at 3:30 and we went right out.  Ended up being a beautiful evening.  (If we hadn’t taken umbrellas I bet it would have rained more!) The evening was so clear.  

Enjoy your cruise on the Zuiderdam!  

Thanks!  Drove to Ft. Lauderdale today.  Day after tomorrow we're on the Zuidie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

We'll be with @Seasick Sailorfor the latter four weeks! Starting 21 March.

Seasick: Your suite should look very much like this one as the photos were taken in April 2019. It is just two doors away from yours so the furniture layout should also be the same.

http://halfacts.com/vista-class/8067-oosterdam/

Hope I get to meet you on our sailing. Joined the meet and mingle.  I'll have wine glass in hand. 

There may be a special drink (servers will be circulating with trays full), and there probably will be a souvenir glass -- which you will pay for above the drink price. You can get the drink without the glass, but it may take longer bc all the ones they're carrying will be the promotional ones. I don't remember ever any 2-for-1 type special, and I've never seen a Happy Hour on embarkation day. 

They are counting on people's high spirits to turn a profit! And we do want them to stay in business, right?!!

Edited by crystalspin

We went to the Pinnacle this morning for breakfast and service was spot on again thankfully.

There were new flowers in the Neptune lounge.  

It was  Gala night and we went just before 6pm and it was busy.  There was a line up but not in the CO line and we were seated within seconds.  We chose to sit by ourselves and had a lovely aft table.  

As usual we had our escargot for an appetizer and  Mr Bear also had the shrimp cocktail.  He had the lamb again and I had the tenderloin.  Dessert was the black forest cake (with ice cream for me).   Service was excellent from Adi, our waiter. 

The Crow’s Nest was closed off tonight from before 7 until 10pm.  We usually go there after supper but had to wander around to decide where we wanted to end up.  

Tomorrow is Cabo and looking forward to meeting a friend from NCL Joy who lives in the States.  

5D93A3DD-A0E5-47D4-8781-B12D4E58DD26.jpeg

0F4C9A16-D32D-4A2D-921D-2DD3F726FB56.jpeg

115B71B8-9647-44D5-B67E-19703C11E6C9.jpeg

7A4152B4-46ED-44B5-B17F-D0A1C3FB21C7.jpeg

9763FF02-F92C-40FC-B571-951FAB1B5367.jpeg

18871510-B239-4245-B011-53D51FD7C470.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

We went to the Pinnacle this morning for breakfast and service was spot on again thankfully.

There were new flowers in the Neptune lounge.  

It was  Gala night and we went just before 6pm and it was busy.  There was a line up but not in the CO line and we were seated within seconds.  We chose to sit by ourselves and had a lovely aft table.  

As usual we had our escargot for an appetizer and  Mr Bear also had the shrimp cocktail.  He had the lamb again and I had the tenderloin.  Dessert was the black forest cake (with ice cream for me).   Service was excellent from Adi, our waiter. 

The Crow’s Nest was closed off tonight from before 7 until 10pm.  We usually go there after supper but had to wander around to decide where we wanted to end up.  

Tomorrow is Cabo and looking forward to meeting a friend from NCL Joy who lives in the States.  

5D93A3DD-A0E5-47D4-8781-B12D4E58DD26.jpeg

0F4C9A16-D32D-4A2D-921D-2DD3F726FB56.jpeg

115B71B8-9647-44D5-B67E-19703C11E6C9.jpeg

7A4152B4-46ED-44B5-B17F-D0A1C3FB21C7.jpeg

9763FF02-F92C-40FC-B571-951FAB1B5367.jpeg

18871510-B239-4245-B011-53D51FD7C470.jpeg

Love the pictures!!!! So glad your service was spot on in the PG!! Same manager as last cruise? Have a lot of fun in Cabo and with Joy!! Take care canadianbear 

Denise😊

• Like 1