On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Welcome Back to San Diego canadianbear!!

Loved the whole journey with you from the beginning!!!!

You took wonderful pictures.....

BUT, YOUR PRECIOUS GRANDDAUGHTER 

WILL BE THE ONE THAT I WILL REMEMBER MOST AND THOSE ADORABLE DRESSES YOU GOT IN CABO ON YOUR FIRST LEG OF YOUR CRUISE!

Wishing you Merry Christmas 🎄 

Denise😊

Thanks Denise!  We are hoping to join our granddaughter and family on an all inclusive soon-they’ve got the passport all applied for and should be arriving by end of December.  

Merry Christmas to you too!

• Like 1

As we pulled in around 06:30 I took a couple photos from our balcony.  

We went for one last breakfast at the Pinnacle and took a couple photos from there.  They were busy this morning but excellent service. 

Then we returned to our cabin to empty the safe and it looks like the rain has stopped and hope it stays away until this afternoon when we are at the airport! 

CFFCA2BC-5E3F-417F-A222-9E4EFAFCE89D.jpeg

9FCBB5D0-C96B-4E04-AE78-EE788609103A.jpeg

C8A93A59-111B-4D6D-B2F9-DB577DFE818B.jpeg

C9918C6E-D866-4D73-B1DB-6B9EFAB113FA.jpeg

EFFC787F-6409-43F4-9F63-582F7543B84F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

About 3:30 last night, it dawned on me that you hadn't written a vlog but rather a trip report.  I decided not to get up and correct my error.  Beautiful grandchild.  Grandchildren are life's dessert.

Cheers

I don’t even know what a vlog is!!   

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you for your review and being so open to helping folks while on board. Merry Christmas to you and family and hoping your next cruise is as wonderful as the last. Joy

It’s been fun, thank you!  Our next booked cruise isn’t until Europe next Fall but I’m sure I will find something before then 😁

Merry Christmas to you as well! 

6 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Can't believe that your cruise is over.

Wonderful pictures and reports.

Have a safe flight home.

Thank you.  We are at the airport now.  At least the flight is only 3 hours.  Always nice to get home again.   

Here’s a photo of the San Diego airport therapy dog-she’s all decked out! 

8BC11C8C-5EE6-4ABD-B402-62228D98CFE8.jpeg

DA4DEE49-2D7E-48A6-9CC3-DD1E08A06A47.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Thank you for taking us along.  Wonderful report!!   Welcome Home!!

Thank you...another few hours before home in our own bed.  Was a nice, relaxing cruise but so many were complaining about missing Mazatlán.  We were fine with the OBC they gave us in lieu of.  

30 minutes ago, Marylis said:

Thanks for posting, @CanadianBear. We were on the cruise along with you but kept very much to ourselves. I enjoyed seeing your pictures and also reading your posts in preparation the week of December 1st.

Lis and Mary

It’s a shame few of us met-I ran into 4 others mostly by chance.  We kept a lot to ourselves too-if you saw a couple playing cards in the Crow’s Nest that was probably us! 

Hope you enjoyed the cruise.  

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

Thank you.  We are at the airport now.  At least the flight is only 3 hours.  Always nice to get home again.   

Here’s a photo of the San Diego airport therapy dog-she’s all decked out! 

8BC11C8C-5EE6-4ABD-B402-62228D98CFE8.jpeg

DA4DEE49-2D7E-48A6-9CC3-DD1E08A06A47.jpeg

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

It’s a shame few of us met-I ran into 4 others mostly by chance.  We kept a lot to ourselves too-if you saw a couple playing cards in the Crow’s Nest that was probably us! 

Hope you enjoyed the cruise.  

Nice blog, Canadianbear.  I see you are in BC as well.  Are you able to get a direct flight to San Diego now?  Years ago we were able to, but in recent years I haven't been able to book a direct flight, it had to be 2.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, T8NCruise said:

Nice blog, Canadianbear.  I see you are in BC as well.  Are you able to get a direct flight to San Diego now?  Years ago we were able to, but in recent years I haven't been able to book a direct flight, it had to be 2.

Thanks!  

Yes, at certain times of year we can get a direct Air Canada flight.   I know one year we had to use WestJet which was a pain as it was via Calgary!!

On 12/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, erewhon said:

Thank you again for all your reports and photos, you have a lovely little granddaughter, she will be cute in those dresses you bought.

Merry Christmas.

Can hardly wait to see her again and until she fits in the outfits.  Always fun shopping for little ones.

Merry Christmas to you as well.  

We are happy to be home and thankfully the Oosterdam didn’t have the issue like the NA.  I feel so bad for all those people.

I am attaching a photo I thought was cool out of our airplane window-was hard to capture just how beautiful it was above the clouds.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks again for following along on our relaxing cruise.  🎄🎄

9B32BD91-E679-476E-B05A-294E9C13C71E.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We are happy to be home and thankfully the Oosterdam didn’t have the issue like the NA.  I feel so bad for all those people.

I am attaching a photo I thought was cool out of our airplane window-was hard to capture just how beautiful it was above the clouds.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks again for following along on our relaxing cruise.  🎄🎄

9B32BD91-E679-476E-B05A-294E9C13C71E.jpeg

Just gorgeous!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you for sharing your journey and pictures with us, CanadianBear!  I really enjoyed it and feel sad that you had to leave.

Being home and making our bed is certainly back to reality as is the rain here!!!  Wish we were back on that balcony in warm weather again.

FDF264B2-BF28-4B56-B118-D4AC5F1C0ABC.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in the LEGO built Oosterdam in the Crow’s Nest...I contacted the actual person that built it and got a reply today.  (Yes, I’m that kind of person that digs until I find something!). I informed him the plaque is missing so he is going to look into it.  

He kindly answered and this was what the plaque should say:

Replica of the Oosterdam 

Built especially for the JoCo Cruise 2019

Made from over 36,000 LEGO elements 

Created by Nathan Sawaya and Brandon

Griffith 

3E3CF660-7B87-4122-B374-01980E52D435.jpeg