Who brings GOLF CLUBS? best advise

caddykid12

Going on a 14 day cruise. Golfing in Florida Cayman and Honduras

Obviously im checking my clubs in with the porters BUT!....... I want to lock my club case 

Would you or have you???? If they question me where is the naughty room? On the ship I'll need to unlock it or at the pier???

Want to avoid any hassle but also want to protect 3000$ worth of clubs.

What is my best option

My husband used to take a full set, not worth the aggravation of worrying about where to put them, theft etc.  the cruise ship room is so small even with a suite.

he now carries a small golf travel bag with about 6 clubs.  Bought at golf shop.  So much easier, and does the trick.

he golfs in Florida and whatever  port he can.
loves golf.

We have found renting them works for us - past experience, they were brand new, name brand, no hassle.

Totally understand playing your own but turned out fine for us.  We did bring our golf shoes.

We winter in FL so have a set there and one on LI.  But, there is always that "favorite club" you carry back & forth! lol

2 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

We have found renting them works for us - past experience, they were brand new, name brand, no hassle.

Totally understand playing your own but turned out fine for us.  We did bring our golf shoes.

We winter in FL so have a set there and one on LI.  But, there is always that "favorite club" you carry back & forth! lol

I was going to suggest the same thing.  For the hassle and the cost to check them back and forth for a flight, it was cheaper to rent.  You can call the course directly and see what they charge beforehand to help make the decision.

22 hours ago, caddykid12 said:

Going on a 14 day cruise. Golfing in Florida Cayman and Honduras

Obviously im checking my clubs in with the porters BUT!....... I want to lock my club case 

Would you or have you???? If they question me where is the naughty room? On the ship I'll need to unlock it or at the pier???

Want to avoid any hassle but also want to protect 3000$ worth of clubs.

What is my best option

Sure you can lock your club case, just like we lock all our bags (on BOTH embarkation and disembarkation). If they want to inspect the inside they will send you a note and you go and meet them to open your case for them to inspect. They do not force open the bags without your presence.

Whenever a bag is sent to the naughty room, they send a note to your cabin telling you where to go.

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

Just curious since the OP said the clubs are worth 3 grand.   Would the loss of them be covered under travel insurance.

Thx.

Most have a cap for baggage that's much lower - usually $500 or less. I've seen some that have $1000 caps on more top of the line policies. No idea if the exclude things like golf clubs, but they may as many exclude electronics and camera equipment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Just curious since the OP said the clubs are worth 3 grand.   Would the loss of them be covered under travel insurance.

Thx.

Most credit cards with baggage insurance have very low caps.  Like a renters or home owners policy you state how much coverage you need.

• Like 1