Allure Booking Completely Changed - Not for the Better

CARALOU20

I'm at wits end this morning. I have been on the phone for hours. Keep phoning back hoping to get someone who can actually help and not just say "Don't Worry". This morning out of the blue I received an update to my Allure TA booking for Nov20. I booked a guaranteed Central Park Cabin almost a year ago with a great discount and OBC. The last change I made was to but internet and soda package on Black Friday. Confirmation came back fine. Today for some reason the Reservation was completely changed. They moved me to GTY, removed all discounts and took away the OBC. Price was adjusted up by almost 2000.00. 

After all my phone calls they tell me that it's fine and all will be reversed. They are changing categories and will fix it back up. When I ask for that in writing I'm told that a note is on my file. When I ask for a copy of the note I'm told a Resolution agent will have to approve that. After waiting for that approval I'm told the Resolution won't approve a copy of the supposed change back. 

I know that the RCCL has the right to make changes but to complete reprice, change cabin and remove all benefits seems a little extreme. 

I'll just keep calling  and hope for the best.

21 minutes ago, CARALOU20 said:

I know that the RCCL has the right to make changes but to complete reprice, change cabin and remove all benefits seems a little extreme. I'll just keep calling  and hope for the best.

nothing is too extreme for RCCL. And I don't like their current business model. I had reserved a cabana on CocoCay last June. Then out of the blue, the beginning of September I have a refund from RCCL, no explanation. The dollar amount hit me as funny as it wasn't what you'd expect if it was a price drop. Then it hit me, they canceled my cabana. I called and the agent told me the cabanas weren't there anymore. Someone on board a ship went and talked to the Shorex Manager who stated that the cabanas were there, just moved. RCCL cancelled my $399 reservation so they could turn around and resell it for $1200-1800. I had no email notifying me of the refund nor apologizing for any inconvenience. If I hadn't checked my credit card, I would have shown up with my printed confirmation of the reservation and been embarrassed and furious when turned away. 

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think some on Oasis reported similar issues with re-categorized cabins - call them back once things are settled after the dry dock.

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

^^^^^ This.

I could live with that but the few others I seen on various media have at least had theirs repriced. This is also affecting my onboard purchases as I used my OBC (which they also deleted) and now they want money to make up the difference or I lose them. 

If this was just GTY change it wouldn't be so bad. I'll give it a couple of days and call again at least to have them hold my onboard items until it gets hopefully gets fixed. 

Because both ships have/are being amplified. Oasis was first, and now the same cabin recategorization (is that even a word?) issues and problems are occurring in advance of the Allure modifications. 

Edited by Coralc

32 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

stupid question I'm sure but why are they re categorizing the OP's cabin on the Allure if it only affects the Oasis?

Does this have something to do with the RCI IT dept?

Just like the Oasis, the Allure will go into drydock and get most if not all of the same changes.

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Because both ships have/are being amplified. Oasis was first, and now the same cabin recategorization issues and problems are occurring in advance of the Allure modifications. 

Thank you for the reply. Bikers answer got me confused which doesn't take much.😲

Thanks for the responses, I feel a little better knowing this was resolved on the Oasis. I was able to at least have my OBC returned to cover the Black Friday purchases thanks to a Supervisor. Still no movement on repricing or getting my cabin returned. Just the promises of getting it changed back. Still won't give me that is writing though. I've read others having there price reinstated and getting cabins fixed so not sure why mine can't be. I'll just be patient for another short while. 

14 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Exactly!  When people ask, "why do I need a TA?" this is why.  

until you see the other posts of how the TA screwed it up in the first pace is now on vacation.

no thanks, its bad enough having to deal with the incompetency of RCCl, I will not add another layer of it on top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proggieus said:

until you see the other posts of how the TA screwed it up in the first pace is now on vacation.

no thanks, its bad enough having to deal with the incompetency of RCCl, I will not add another layer of it on top.

Once again we mostly see people post the negative comments and not the positive.  

I have used the same TA for +30 years and never had that problem.  She has been a lifesaver on many occasions.  When our DIL died three days before DW and I were to cruise I made one phone call to my TA and it was all handled.  She canceedl our cruise, filed our insurance claim, and even called Delta and got my FF miles returned; she hadn't even made my flight reservations. 

I never stay on hold for hours with a cruise rep.  She does it and gets much better response than I ever would.  Her agency was the largest booking cruise agency in northern CA so when she calls her rep she gets an answer, ASAP.  If she's on vacation there our two backup TA's who can handle anything I need.  Not to say she can't make a mistake and she did once.  The cost difference for the mistake was eaten by the agency, not me. 

She has booked us more than 35 cruises, two Club Med's, and two Disney vacations.  

If you don't have a TA like that then look elsewhere. 

My time is to valuable to be on hold with a cruise rep.  

10 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Once again we mostly see people post the negative comments and not the positive.  

I have used the same TA for +30 years and never had that problem.  She has been a lifesaver on many occasions.  When our DIL died three days before DW and I were to cruise I made one phone call to my TA and it was all handled.  She canceedl our cruise, filed our insurance claim, and even called Delta and got my FF miles returned; she hadn't even made my flight reservations. 

I never stay on hold for hours with a cruise rep.  She does it and gets much better response than I ever would.  Her agency was the largest booking cruise agency in northern CA so when she calls her rep she gets an answer, ASAP.  If she's on vacation there our two backup TA's who can handle anything I need.  Not to say she can't make a mistake and she did once.  The cost difference for the mistake was eaten by the agency, not me. 

She has booked us more than 35 cruises, two Club Med's, and two Disney vacations.  

If you don't have a TA like that then look elsewhere. 

My time is to valuable to be on hold with a cruise rep.  

👍