Information on he Norwegian Pearl

Topdog52

On 1/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, Quencups said:

We are on the May 30th Pearl cruise and I think it is going to be chilly....lol 

Also on this sailing....hope it won’t be too cool...need some ☀️ sun...

Thank You!! Now We are getting all the Promo's with our stateroom but my friend is going alone and is booking a inside cabin close to us. He gets just 1 promo and I am curious if anyone knows if he gets the shore excursion Promo does he have to book an excursion at each port or will he get the $50 for a port if he just walks around all day at one.

5 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Thank You!! Now We are getting all the Promo's with our stateroom but my friend is going alone and is booking a inside cabin close to us. He gets just 1 promo and I am curious if anyone knows if he gets the shore excursion Promo does he have to book an excursion at each port or will he get the $50 for a port if he just walks around all day at one.

Only way you get the $50 excursion credit is If you do a actual NCL excursion 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:22 PM, Topdog52 said:

Thanx that is what I thought. So even if you do not like one of their ports and want to book one on your own you will lose the $50.

I just talked to a  CRUISE CONSULTANT who told me you have to wait until you board the ship before you can book the entertainment and meals on the Pearl. On the Bliss i had everything booked months before we departed. He said the smaller ships do not do that which to me makes no sense.

I just talked to a  CRUISE CONSULTANT who told me you have to wait until you board the ship before you can book the entertainment and meals on the Pearl. On the Bliss i had everything booked months before we departed. He said the smaller ships do not do that which to me makes no sense.

40 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

I was on Pearl for Alaska in 2018, this year for New England/Canada.  Entertainment is not reservable but we were able to book restaurants during the standard 130 (suites)/120 days out.  I would try online.  That said, they hold a good fraction for onboard booking.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, Topdog52 said:

I understand that it is a little tough getting from one side of the Pearl to the other on many of the floors. Is this true??

Sometimes it was a little awkward - deck 12 & 13, for example, if they close the outdoor spaces.  But it isn't such a big ship.

But, if weather is good, the Great Outdoors buffet and bar was a great place to hang out, we talked to a guy who had done like 5 Alaska cruises (lives in Seattle) and it was his favorite bar.

I like the Pearl and Jade, good sized ships...

Edited by PammyMouse

1 hour ago, PammyMouse said:

I was on Pearl for Alaska in 2018, this year for New England/Canada.  Entertainment is not reservable but we were able to book restaurants during the standard 130 (suites)/120 days out.  I would try online.  That said, they hold a good fraction for onboard booking.

Sometimes it was a little awkward - deck 12 & 13, for example, if they close the outdoor spaces.  But it isn't such a big ship.

But, if weather is good, the Great Outdoors buffet and bar was a great place to hang out, we talked to a guy who had done like 5 Alaska cruises (lives in Seattle) and it was his favorite bar.

I like the Pearl and Jade, good sized ships...

Where is the best place once you are on the Pearl to reserve Entertainment. Do they have monitors on the wall or is it better to go to the Atrium to book things? I hope they will at least let you book excursions 120 days out. 

We have sailed on the Pearl two different times to Alaska.  Out of the different ships we have sailed on, it is one of my favorites.  I love that it isn't too big!  We have also been on the Joy and the Breakaway.  We liked the Joy, the Breakaway was just okay.  I have tried to think why the difference but it was just subtle things. 

If  the Pearl is sailing an itinerary I want, I will be on the ship as it is my favorite!

56 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Where is the best place once you are on the Pearl to reserve Entertainment. Do they have monitors on the wall or is it better to go to the Atrium to book things? I hope they will at least let you book excursions 120 days out. 

You cannot reserve entertainment on Pearl (at least for my sailing).   When I look up my sailing in my account online, It says "Reservations are not offered" as opposed to "Too early to book" for the restaurants.  I see shore excursions available and I am 150 days out (yay!).

I have a reservation on the Escape (515 days) - and for shows it says mostly "Please book onboard".  So I would check your booking to be sure.  

That said for the shows I did see on both Pearl and Jade, I never had a problem getting a seat if I arrived early enough, it is a big theatre.

And I should add, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by PammyMouse

34 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

You cannot reserve entertainment on Pearl (at least for my sailing).   When I look up my sailing in my account online, It says "Reservations are not offered" as opposed to "Too early to book" for the restaurants.  I see shore excursions available and I am 150 days out (yay!).

I have a reservation on the Escape (515 days) - and for shows it says mostly "Please book onboard".  So I would check your booking to be sure.  

That said for the shows I did see on both Pearl and Jade, I never had a problem getting a seat if I arrived early enough, it is a big theatre.

Great Thanks. For me they are showing just the first 2 shore excursions for the middle of May to New England and Canada. I hope they show the other 3 soon so I may book them around my dinners

We are sailing on the Pearl in mid May to New England. The ports we will be stopping at are Halifax, Nova Scotia,Saint John, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick, Bar Harbor,Maine Portland Maine and New Port RI. Does anybody have some good excursions that they have been on in one of these ports. The Pearl has not listed anything for the last 3 ports so I am trying to get an idea what they may post later.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, PammyMouse said:

The Legends In Concert is playing when we go. Do they preform nightly or perhaps just a couple of nights during the cruise

I was wondering if there are set show times and every night te same? I remember from our previous cruise with NCL it was 7:30 and 9:30. But maybe that changed. (12 days in May - Southern Caribbean)

On 1/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, tweety33 said:

Does the Pearl have a pizza place, I did not see it listed? if so Open 24 hrs.?

No, other than maybe room service.  Pizza on NCL would be in buffet and LaCucina.  Four page thread recently about NCL pizza.  Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

15 hours ago, Ninajk said:

I was wondering if there are set show times and every night te same? I remember from our previous cruise with NCL it was 7:30 and 9:30. But maybe that changed. (12 days in May - Southern Caribbean)

I was on the Pearl in November 2019 and the evening shows were at 7:30 and 9:30.  Then I just sailed her again during the first week of January and the shows were at 8:00 and 10:00.  So they move them around for some reason.  

On 1/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, Topdog52 said:

The Legends In Concert is playing when we go. Do they preform nightly or perhaps just a couple of nights during the cruise

The Legends that were performing on both my November and January cruises on the Pearl were:

1.  Elvis

2.  Tina Turner

3.  Michael Jackson

In my opinion, Tina and Michael were great.  Elvis was OK.

They do one show only during the week.  On both cruises, it was either the last night or the next to last night.  All 3 performers did one song each in an earlier show during the week, but they were not dressed up or acting as the Legend star.

Elvis sang Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline".  Michael Jackson sang a Bruno Mars song.  And Tina Turner sang one of Aretha Franklin's songs (Natural Woman, if I recall).

6 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I was on the Pearl in November 2019 and the evening shows were at 7:30 and 9:30.  Then I just sailed her again during the first week of January and the shows were at 8:00 and 10:00.  So they move them around for some reason.  

Thanks! Already made some dining reservations, let’s see how this will work out with the showtimes.