What counts as a speciality coffee

lorri111

I am confusing myself as to what is a speciality coffee as opposed to a "brewed coffee".  I know with the Grounds Card I get unlimited brewed and 15 speciality. I thought at first that it was the ones listed as "coffee fusions" like tiramisu to go which were what was meant by speciality but now I am wondering if drinks like cappuccino or macchiato are also speciality since the coffee menu lists them separately from "freshly brewed coffee". I must be stupid - what do I get with the unlimited "brewed coffee" - is a cappuccino under this category or is a specialty?

Anything that is not a brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate is a specialty coffee. So that means lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and fusions are specialty coffee and use one of your 15 included beverages. Hot chocolate, teas, and brewed coffee no charge with the coffee program at the IC.Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are also free in the buffet without the program. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Anything that is not a brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate is a specialty coffee. So that means lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and fusions are specialty coffee and use one of your 15 included beverages. Hot chocolate, teas, and brewed coffee no charge with the coffee program at the IC.Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are also free in the buffet without the program. 

That makes it clear, thanks!

8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Using the OceanConcierge Drink Package section of the MedallionClass app it’s possible to track your specialty coffee usage including the location & date/time.

2F36FC7C-BFD2-4B1E-B870-4FF6FD5FAC03.jpeg

How do I track it without medallion - not on our ship.

6 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I guess that there is then no way to actually check it has been loaded on my card till I go to use it

I believe you’re correct...think the PSD could also tell you if it was loaded onto your account.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You can track your usage on your on board account and you do need to check. We recently had other people's coffees put against our card when we had ordered hot chocolates and were also charged for coffees when we had not used all  the 15 coffees on the card.

2 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

What about Chai Tea?  It is considered a specialty coffee (I don't see it on your list).  Also on our last cruise I would get steamed milk with flavor added and they wouldn't punch my card.  Was I just lucky?

I think they have Chai tea and there is a cost. 

22 hours ago, lorri111 said:

How do I track it without medallion - not on our ship.

22 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I think that on non MedallionClass ships you’d need to ask a barista.

The original Princess@Sea intranet Account section displays the coffee package info in an identical manner to that on the Medallion class ships.

• Thanks 1