Crown Princess Itineraries Changing

Dbld777

Received email today"

ITINEARY CHANGE
Please be advised that Crown Princess is experiencing a technical issue that has resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. While this in
no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew, which is our highest priority, our technical experts have determined that we must revise
your itinerary.
We will no longer call to Grenada on Monday, February 10, 2020, but will instead spend the day at sea. Our call times to Curacao, Bonaire,
Grenada and St. Thomas have been amended; please see the revised itinerary for details.
In recognition of these changes, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $75 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any
disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Crown Princess.

18 minutes ago, zahav1 said:

Received email today"

ITINEARY CHANGE
Please be advised that Crown Princess is experiencing a technical issue that has resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. While this in
no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew, which is our highest priority, our technical experts have determined that we must revise
your itinerary.
We will no longer call to Grenada on Monday, February 10, 2020, but will instead spend the day at sea. Our call times to Curacao, Bonaire,
Grenada and St. Thomas have been amended; please see the revised itinerary for details.
In recognition of these changes, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $75 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any
disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Crown Princess.

Thanks for the update.  Didn't someone in a post before this say they got $100 pp for not going to Grenada???  Maybe I read it wrong.  I love sea days; however, the ship gets soooo crowded and busy, we look forward to port days when everyone gets off!

This seems like a little bit of deja vu to me. I am going on the Crown Princess in Feb 2021. This is a long way off but in March of 2018 I was on the Caribbean Princess. The ship had a propulsion issue that lasted for many, many months. It affected my cruise and I can’t remember how long it took to get to a dry dock of fix it but it seems to me like it was much more than a year. The Crown is scheduled for a dry dock in October 2020, but if this is a new problem there may not be time to fix this issue at the scheduled dry dock.

OK I’m confused again! You got an email for the January 16 cruise? That’s the cruise we are on. But it’s not the itinerary you mentioned. Has anyone actually gotten an email for the January 16 cruise that leaves next Thursday? We have not 

17 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

OK I’m confused again! You got an email for the January 16 cruise? That’s the cruise we are on. But it’s not the itinerary you mentioned. Has anyone actually gotten an email for the January 16 cruise that leaves next Thursday? We have not 

My mother received one. They are eliminating Princess Cays and she is getting $75 obc. 

19 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

We're on the 20 day Crown Princess cruise that does indeed leave on January 16. Got the email this morning. Give me a sec  and I'll post a screenshot. 

Well that is really helpful to me. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that! Oh well. We were really looking forward to princess Keys. We have never been there. But certainly not the end of the world and will take the money! 

I wonder why we are apparently still doing Grenada on the January 16 cruise? I’m assuming that’s the case. I don’t see anything about canceling Grenada for that cruise.  I sure hope not because we have a private excursion there 

I keep thinking of more questions! So the email your mother got was for a back to back right? Does she get the 125 per person because of that? Is it 75 a person if you’re only on the 10 day? Or does everyone get 125 a person? 

6 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

I wonder why we are apparently still doing Grenada on the January 16 cruise? I’m assuming that’s the case. I don’t see anything about canceling Grenada for that cruise.  I sure hope not because we have a private excursion there 

We leave St Thomas an hour sooner and arrive in Bonaire an hour later than originally planned, but Dominica & Grenada so far have stayed the same. But unfortunately there's no guarantee things won't continue to change.  

My guess is those who are doing the 10 day are getting the $75 OBC, 20 day $125.

Edited by canadarocks

We (two couples) are booked on the Feb. 5 cruise and received the email from Princess today (Jan. 7). Our concerns include the timing of the Curaçao excursion we booked through Princess that starts at 9 am and the cancellation of the Grenada port visit. Our Grenada excursion was also booked through Princess. I think Princess has enough experience to handle the change in itinerary and will give them a few days to make things right.

23 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

I keep thinking of more questions! So the email your mother got was for a back to back right? Does she get the 125 per person because of that? Is it 75 a person if you’re only on the 10 day? Or does everyone get 125 a person? 

I am on the Jan 16th cruise also for 10 days.  I didn’t get an email, but all the info is on the Princess website. If you sign in and go into your cruise itinerary it tells the updated port times and the same info as the email with $75 OBC is listed in a paragraph below

53 minutes ago, Michele M said:

I am on the Jan 16th cruise also for 10 days.  I didn’t get an email, but all the info is on the Princess website. If you sign in and go into your cruise itinerary it tells the updated port times and the same info as the email with $75 OBC is listed in a paragraph below

$75 for the leg on the 16th where you miss Princess Cays. $50 for the leg on the 26th where they just changed times.

• Like 1