Anyone Currently on Jewel?

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Arrived in Bahrain about an hour ago will try and update later this evening.

I thought you were in Bahrain on Tuesday? The dearest rest room you’ll ever have?

marinetraffic.com reports that Jewel is currently at Sir Bani Yas island 🤔

Edited by icsys

58 minutes ago, little britain said:

They were in Bahrain on Tuesday...!? 🤷‍♀️

58 minutes ago, little britain said:

They were in Bahrain on Tuesday...!? 🤷‍♀️

Quite correct we’ve had two itinerary changes so far I’ll have to get out and about and not report from my bed.

Forgot we had changed course.

The weather has been excellent flat calm waters.

Windjammer has been enjoyable the odd occasions that we’ve been in although I do think they are perhaps catering for the vast amount of Russians on board.

Don't think some of them have eaten for days.

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Quite correct we’ve had two itinerary changes so far I’ll have to get out and about and not report from my bed.

Forgot we had changed course.

The weather has been excellent flat calm waters.

Windjammer has been enjoyable the odd occasions that we’ve been in although I do think they are perhaps catering for the vast amount of Russians on board.

Don't think some of them have eaten for days.

LOL - just ask here and we will tell you where you are!

It's formal night tonight - which should call for some interesting fashions from your Russian friends?!

Sounds like a Smash and Grab in the WJ.?  Oh dear.

When will RCI learn that it lessens their brand value when you sell cheap... and it probably costs them more to deal with the fall out of the complaints afterwards?

LB > I'm not one of the £199 crowd and a little miffed about it TBH.

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

LOL - just ask here and we will tell you where you are!

It's formal night tonight - which should call for some interesting fashions from your Russian friends?!

Sounds like a Smash and Grab in the WJ.?  Oh dear.

When will RCI learn that it lessens their brand value when you sell cheap... and it probably costs them more to deal with the fall out of the complaints afterwards?

LB > I'm not one of the £199 crowd and a little miffed about it TBH.

Can’t stop put our towels books hats sun cream and glasses on the “ our chairs “ in the diamond lounge first thing this morning just off there now to make sure none of our “ other friends “ have move them.

You wouldn’t ( well you would actually I’m sure ) believe the fashion attire our Russian lady friends are wearing. ( you wouldn’t want to fight them or steal there sausages )

Smash grab and run I think covers the Windjammer in the mornings but we’ve only been in there for breakfast once.

Although in all honesty the food is very good.

A shame you weren’t one of the £199.00 crowd when we booked I seem to remember it was for all of January and a small increase maybe £249.00 in February.

Have to keep eyes peeled for next year.

If we had delayed the cruise by about a week the flights would also have been about £70pp cheaper.

Tagged on three days land based at the end of the cruise although it would have been better value to have stayed on board.

Ok it’s about 18.00 today started well “towels out early” lovely and sunny but it then turned overcast and chilly.

Now anchored off Sir Bani Island where we tender tomorrow.

Had to stand in line for tender tickets as not being issued in the diamond lounge by concierge or anybody else.

Just hope the weather will cooperate.

Had flag ceremony round the pool earlier.

Diamond party drinks only no canapés that seems the norm nowadays.

Diamond lounge( in all honesty not my cup of Darjeeling but )they are serving caviar must be for out Russian friends.

Christmas trees still up as they are celebrating Greek Orthodox Christmas again something to do with the Russians.( Who actually rush here there and everywhere)

Anyhow another prawn and a Pinot Grigio is calling.

24 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Christmas trees still up as they are celebrating Greek Orthodox Christmas again something to do with the Russians.( Who actually rush here there and everywhere)

Russian Christmastide, Sviatki, or Svyatki, falls between January 7th (Orthodox Christmas) and January 19th (Epiphany).

39 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

A shame you weren’t one of the £199.00 crowd when we booked I seem to remember it was for all of January and a small increase maybe £249.00 in February.

We're in the £255 crowd, there must have been another price drop after final payment. 😮

24 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Now anchored off Sir Bani Island where we tender tomorrow.

I thought you arrived there a bit late in the day. Actually you arrived a day early.

Edited by icsys

We were on Jewel last week. I posted this comment on another thread but somehow it has been deleted: Why do you think the GBP 199 British crowd behaves better than the Russians or others? I have never seen so many (drunk) people in dirty British soccer jerseys, shorts and flip-flops even on formal nights in the restaurants and bars. It is a shame for this nice ship!    

On 1/7/2020 at 8:00 PM, scottie99 said:

We are due to fly to Dubai on 31 January, and to cruise on Jewel on 3 February. 

The current crisis in the Middle East is causing us great concern. We are seriously thinking of cancelling, realising we would lose around £3000.

Is anyone currently on board and give us some insight as to the situation?  Were there any obvious extra security checks or presence?

Can anyone provide some comfort and reassurance?

Would your travel or cancel?

We will be on the Jewel as you board we are doing b2b2b from the 20th January disembarking on 10 th February, The recent events do concern us a little but we would not cancel unless there was no option! Have done similar cruises a number of times at the same time of year and love the warmth and relaxation. I’m sure things will be fine and we will all have a great time. Dianne

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

We were on Jewel last week. I posted this comment on another thread but somehow it has been deleted: Why do you think the GBP 199 British crowd behaves better than the Russians or others? I have never seen so many (drunk) people in dirty British soccer jerseys, shorts and flip-flops even on formal nights in the restaurants and bars. It is a shame for this nice ship!    

I’m concerned that the fact these cruises were sold off so cheap will encourage rude, scruffy people from wherever! I booked my cruises 12 months ago so paid a good deal more, Sorry you had to witness this as you say she’s a lovely ship and we have always enjoyed our sailings on her! Hope things are a bit more civilised when we board, Dianne

On 1/7/2020 at 11:13 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

The diamond lounge was absolutely rammed the first night ran out of food by 17.15 and ran out of drinks by 19.30 there are 700 diamonds 500 Russians on board announcements both in English and Russian.

Second night they’ve got there act together and sorted it completely closed off the Vortex lounge plenty of drinks and food being replenished all the time.

Bahrain today an industrial port $20 pp each way for ships shuttle.

Waste of money takes 1hour 20 minutes each way the dearest rest room you’ll ever have.

Weather though is very good hot and sunny.

Hi, hope you are enjoying! What day was formal night on this cruise 🚢? Did you go to Doha?Thanks, Dianne

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Sorry to hear that...hope you could make the most of your cruise. We will board Jewel next Monday for a B2B and hope that we will be able to enjoy our sailing.

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I assume it was their Away strip ??!!

LB - who is one of the £735pp crowd.... Booked direct with RCI last March who wouldn't honour a price drop!  Miffed doesn't cover it!!! 

Edited by little britain

31 minutes ago, little britain said:

LB - who is one of the £735pp crowd.... Booked direct with RCI last March who wouldn't honour a price drop!  Miffed doesn't cover it!!! 

We also booked over a year in advance, payed Euro 900 pp for ocean view, did not get prize drops as well, booked balcony for 600 pp and paid additional cancelation fees, thereafter it dropped further to 300 pp, bad luck.. However, cruise was very nice overall. 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Did Royal give a reason why they wouldn't price drop?  Is it a UK thing?  I've always wondered if they just honour price drops for the US or other markets

6 hours ago, normannna said:

Did Royal give a reason why they wouldn't price drop?  Is it a UK thing?  I've always wondered if they just honour price drops for the US or other markets

Price drops are never honoured in the UK, so I guess it is a UK thing 😞

19 minutes ago, 2rccllovers said:

Hello Norwich Cruiser,

Have read your posts about the current situation on Jewl with interest so far, thank you for sharing. Any updates? 

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks from me too for posting about this cruise. We have fond memories of our Middle East cruise two years ago and was tempted by the low prices this year, but decided to give cruising a break for a few months. Pity Royal Caribbean isn't going back next season, especially with Dubai Expo 2020 starting in October

41 minutes ago, little britain said:

Only time they will honour price drop is if you have booked a cruise whilst on board.

It's really not good how RCI treat non US passengers sometimes.  I usually book through US but have never managed to time it for a price drop request as my drops have been past final payment.  I booked these cruises and 2 for Dec this year with UK as they were significantly cheaper than US so I only book UK if price difference justifies it