The Enclave on Royal Princess or any Princess ship (book pre=board)

venusbello1

A few weeks ago I booked a short getaway Cabo cruise set to sail February 1, 2020.  It's been a while since I've cruised so I just decided to take the easy route and book everything directly through Princess.  I decided to book everything I wanted to have for this cruise online and not worry about anything.  I went into the spa options and low and behold there was the Enclave $99/cruise!  Yes, exactly what I wanted, but decided to wait a while to pay for it (like a week).  Everyday I check all the stuff onboard and there is the Enclave.  Finally go to book/pay and the Princess Web pages have been updated and guess what, no more Enclave!! What?  So I called Princess yesterday and they assured me it could be done, on line for almost an hour, told to call back today after 9am Cali time.  Call back today... was told this has never been an option, must always book after boarding.  I explained it had been an option and that I was even pleasantly surprised to see it, but now its gone!  So if you've actually made it this far through my small rant, has this happened to anyone else?  Have you ever booked the Enclave prior to boarding?  I know it was there and now wonder what would have happened had I paid for it... would it have just disappeared?  Thanks for any input! 🙂

Colo Cruiser,

I thought about this too, but Princess said that it would show sold out.  I just think that it really is lack of communication and misunderstanding.  One day I'm told its a glitch with their new Web page and the next, "The Enclave can only be reserved onboard."  I'll try again tomorrow and keep trying on the personalizer.  

I do appreciate your response! 🙂

28 minutes ago, venusbello1 said:

Colo Cruiser,

I thought about this too, but Princess said that it would show sold out.  I just think that it really is lack of communication and misunderstanding.  One day I'm told its a glitch with their new Web page and the next, "The Enclave can only be reserved onboard."  I'll try again tomorrow and keep trying on the personalizer.  

I do appreciate your response! 🙂

This is normal, a different answer everytime you call.

I wouldn't believe anything the reps say. Just sayin.  🤔

Thank you suers515!  I'm sure this is an error on the Web page but the folks I spoke to today just wouldn't accept that.  Yesterday, yes, and they were going to fix it call back tomorrow.  Today no.  Go figure?  I will continue to try to pull it up and call again tomorrow.  🙂

Ok here is my experience..., we did a 28 day on the Sky Princess, looked online it was available, then it was gone, but others in the roll call were talking about booking when I could no longer see it.  So I did an experiment, if you will, I was then only able to book as a 7 day, a day, and a 14 day.  Ultimate the pricing from the 28 day to booking like this was a total increase of $10.00 so no biggie, I was booking for 2.  So had to prepay with each reservation.  Got on board, we were going to use on embarkation day, as it had been a rough one, they at first could not find my reservation, said they finally found it, and thought life was good.  Well I try to check my account every 3 days or so, to make sure no incorrect charges have been placed, well guess what I had been charged a second time for the enclave.  Went to the spa, told me to go to customer service, customer service told me to go back to the spa.  Spoke with the assistant manager, said they could find no record of my payment, said it does not allow you to reserve spa services without payment.  Said they would have to look into and get back with me.  (PS I had screen shots of my personalizer and when I paid on my ipad as a fall back).  Showed this to them, still didn't matter if they could not see in their system, which is the independent operating software, separate from Princess, who I had paid.  It was still charged again to my credit card.  Now had to get the Spa manager involved, etc  I spent about 8 hours of my vacation time with 3 in person visits, printing documents, credit card statements, etc, phone calls with spa manager, to get this resolved.  Whew...ok life is good again until....

next 7 day cruise starts and the Enclave again double charges me for the Enclave.  Bet you can guess what happened the following week, yep double charged again....

So personally I will not ever pre-book, I do not want to spend that much time trying to fix their problems that is coming out of my wallet.  But that is me and just my experience, others may have had not issue, mine was probably the exception, but that is how it happens for me... Glad I had all my documents.

So I do think they have some type of maximum limit for pre-bookings.  If the 28 day people had booked it all up, then those on only for a week or in person would have had no spots.

Edited by sbflcruiser
  • Like 1

abflcruiser--WOW!!!  That's totally crazy!! And, yes, what a waste of your vacation time!  That would be so much more frustrating to have to deal with onboard.  Perhaps I should just relax and wait until I get onboard and see if they have any spots available.  If they don't I guess it was not meant to be. 🙂  I wonder if these issues come up because Lotus Spa is run by Steiner (or is it these days)?  Thanks for sharing your experience!!  It was very helpful!! 

17 minutes ago, venusbello1 said:

abflcruiser--WOW!!!  That's totally crazy!! And, yes, what a waste of your vacation time!  That would be so much more frustrating to have to deal with onboard.  Perhaps I should just relax and wait until I get onboard and see if they have any spots available.  If they don't I guess it was not meant to be. 🙂  I wonder if these issues come up because Lotus Spa is run by Steiner (or is it these days)?  Thanks for sharing your experience!!  It was very helpful!! 

I do know that the price before is less than the prices onboard.  Realized that on the last one when I didn't book the enclave preboarding and then saw the prices on the ship and didn't do it.  Still deciding about this short cruise as a test.

A few weeks ago, I booked the couple Enclave package online for our 2/15/20 Royal cruise ($219/couple/week). I just confirmed it was in my booking so I printed it out, just in case! It can definitely be done online. 

8 hours ago, venusbello1 said:

A few weeks ago I booked a short getaway Cabo cruise set to sail February 1, 2020.  It's been a while since I've cruised so I just decided to take the easy route and book everything directly through Princess.  I decided to book everything I wanted to have for this cruise online and not worry about anything.  I went into the spa options and low and behold there was the Enclave $99/cruise!  Yes, exactly what I wanted, but decided to wait a while to pay for it (like a week).  Everyday I check all the stuff onboard and there is the Enclave.  Finally go to book/pay and the Princess Web pages have been updated and guess what, no more Enclave!! What?  So I called Princess yesterday and they assured me it could be done, on line for almost an hour, told to call back today after 9am Cali time.  Call back today... was told this has never been an option, must always book after boarding.  I explained it had been an option and that I was even pleasantly surprised to see it, but now its gone!  So if you've actually made it this far through my small rant, has this happened to anyone else?  Have you ever booked the Enclave prior to boarding?  I know it was there and now wonder what would have happened had I paid for it... would it have just disappeared?  Thanks for any input! 🙂

Im on the same cruise as you are, I booked the Enclave online and then the next time I looked a few days later it says so sold out, 😮

Thank you celilidh1  Did you find this for the February 1 Cabo cruise is this for another date?  I checked this morning and it was still not showing up in my personalizer.  I think I've given up until I get onboard.  Not sure its worth calling Princess for the third day in a row... lol!!!  

58 minutes ago, venusbello1 said:

Thank you celilidh1  Did you find this for the February 1 Cabo cruise is this for another date?  I checked this morning and it was still not showing up in my personalizer.  I think I've given up until I get onboard.  Not sure its worth calling Princess for the third day in a row... lol!!!  

This is on Royal March 14th. For me, I went into onboard services/spa and checked "all spa services". It was at the end of the spa services list. The price shown is in CAD$....

Hi Everyone,

Took me a while to find this thread again but wanted to update folks on my Enclave journey with Princess.  

After receiving your many responses that confirmed I wasn't crazy and that is available to book prior to boarding, I decided not to hassle with it again until a later date but decided I would check online most days to see if ever appeared again.  Well low and behold this morning instead of listing 99 services available in Lotus Spa it said 100!!!  Sure enough there was the Enclave--didn't hesitate, booked immediately and printed my paid confirmation.  Well guess what?  Not two minutes later , I go into Lotus Spa services, it's back to 99 services available and no Enclave!!  So I'm not sure where they glitch is in their system, but there is definitely a glitch!!  I have several copies of my payment for the Enclave but am so hoping this is not an issue when I board.  

So if Princess tells you it's not available until you board the ship, not true.  If it disappears from the spa services, call.  If you can't get anywhere with customer service, keep trying either on Princess.com or direct.  

Happy sailing everyone!! 🙂