shareholder credit

yvr49

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I know one couple who both get it. They have different surnames, but the same residential address.🙂

It doesn't go by name, it goes by stateroom.  From the Carnival Shareholder Benefit Announcement:  "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom"

Of course, I don't doubt both people got the credit, we all know how consistent Princess is in applying their own rules.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Is isn't right for someone to get double S/H credit just because two different names.  We now do each own 100 shares.  I did it on a price dip and you never know, we might book two cabins someday if one of kids comes along.

Same thing for the loyalty credit ... but, I just try to never look a gift horse in the mouth.  I'm pretty happy they give me anything at all ... but yes, it doesn't really seem fair, does it? 

I am getting so frustrated here in Australia    Princess is the only one of the companies under the CCL umbrella that required post or FAX for his   Their fax number is permanently engaged  If in the middle of the night it is empty it cuts off after 1 and half sheets going through   I have tried several times and still waiting  The e mails chasing are not replied to for 8 days now as they are 'busy'

I do not use post as they want originals and I will not part with my original purchase letters   I do not understand why - after 12 years of getting this obc they cannot just accept an up to date account instead of everything again

6 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I do not use post as they want originals and I will not part with my original purchase letters   I do not understand why - after 12 years of getting this obc they cannot just accept an up to date account instead of everything again

4 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Another difference   Here in Australia They refuse any request prior to 90 days from sailing

I've said it before here - somebody in Australia is making up their own rules.  According to the announcement from Carnival Corporation Headquarters: proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out)

The 90 day rule is now gone too.

Somebody in Australia running into this should complain to Carnival Investor Relations that Australians are being subjected to unfair restrictions that others don't have to deal with.  Here is the address for Carnival Corporation Investor Relations:

Beth Roberts
SVP Investor Relations
Carnival Place
MSEO1000
3655 N.W. 87 Avenue
Miami, Florida 33178-2428
Main Telephone: 305-599-2600
IR Department: 305-406-5539

Good Luck!  :classic_rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, windsor26 said:

Thank you @Daniel A  I am so frustrated I might give it a go

Good Luck with it. 

If it helps, here is the link for the actual Shareholder Benefit Announcement from Carnival Corporation :https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

You can read it for yourself instead of relying on me.  Photocopies only and no 90 day time limit anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

I do not use post as they want originals and I will not part with my original purchase letters 

Originals??  Not according to the official CCL documents at CarnivalCorp.com.

It is safe to say that very few folks on CC have ever sent any original documents to claim their shareholder benefit.  It is nearly impossible to acquire 'original' documents.  I do remember someone saying they did have original stock certificates, but even then they made copies to claim their benefit.  Copies of monthly account statements are far more common and clearly acceptable to any cruise line under the Carnival umbrella.

• Like 1

I am getting so frustrated here in Australia    Princess is the only one of the companies under the CCL umbrella that required post or FAX for his   Their fax number is permanently engaged  If in the middle of the night it is empty it cuts off after 1 and half sheets going through   I have tried several times and still waiting  The e mails chasing are not replied to for 8 days now as they are 'busy'

I simply accessed my share account on line and printed it off. I mailed that together with a short letter with details of the cruise I have booked. It was credited OK. However, when I had previously faxed the request, together with proof, nothing happened. When I followed that through by phone, the staff member eventually found my faxed request, but had no explanation on why the OBC had not been credited.

The explanation Princess Aust gives for requiring a share statement less than 90 days old is that "someone could sell the shares before the cruise if they applied it earlier" (or words to that effect).

I am waiting to within the 90 day maximum time limit to get my next share statement before posting my request for OBC. I will request it for the three later cruises I have booked for this year, but they may only credit me on one, leaving me to request the others later in the year.

Edited by Aus Traveller

I contacted Princess Australia and here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

This policy has been updated as cruises can be booked up 2 years in advance and shares can be sold within this time. As you are a valued Elite member of Princess Cruises, please provide your latest shareholder statement and I will pleased to add this benefits for the cruises you have booked with us for the remainder of this year."

I use Fax Zero which is free when sending from within USA and Canada. Another Aussie posted to fax it to the USA number. No cost. I sent mine off using Fax Zero and my credit arrived within the hour.

I live in Australia.

Edited by By The Bay

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I contacted Princess Australia and here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

This policy has been updated as cruises can be booked up 2 years in advance and shares can be sold within this time. As you are a valued Elite member of Princess Cruises, please provide your latest shareholder statement and I will pleased to add this benefits for the cruises you have booked with us for the remainder of this year."

I use Fax Zero which is free when sending from within USA and Canada. Another Aussie posted to fax it to the USA number. No cost. I sent mine off using Fax Zero and my credit arrived within the hour.

I live in Australia.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will be lucky and get the OBC credited on my April, July and Nov cruises. I already have the OBC on my account for my February cruise.

At the moment I have to watch the dates carefully so that I apply between 90 days and 21 days before a cruise.

Edited by Aus Traveller

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I simply accessed my share account on line and printed it off. I mailed that together with a short letter with details of the cruise I have booked. It was credited OK. However, when I had previously faxed the request, together with proof, nothing happened. When I followed that through by phone, the staff member eventually found my faxed request, but had no explanation on why the OBC had not been credited.

The explanation Princess Aust gives for requiring a share statement less than 90 days old is that "someone could sell the shares before the cruise if they applied it earlier" (or words to that effect).

I am waiting to within the 90 day maximum time limit to get my next share statement before posting my request for OBC. I will request it for the three later cruises I have booked for this year, but they may only credit me on one, leaving me to request the others later in the year.

It would be ok Evon and easy if THEIR FAX MACHINE WORKED   it is either permanently engaged or locks down after half a page is taken  grrrrrr    I tried again this morning being Sunday and after the second try actually got all 3 pages to go through  so now waiting

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will be lucky and get the OBC credited on my April, July and Nov cruises. I already have the OBC on my account for my February cruise.

They credited my April and October cruises. I don't have any for 2021😞

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

for future use to save my tearing my hair out  what is the USA fax number?

Just now, windsor26 said:

It would be ok Evon and easy if THEIR FAX MACHINE WORKED   it is either permanently engaged or locks down after half a page is taken  grrrrrr    I tried again this morning being Sunday and after the second try actually got all 3 pages to go through  so now waiting

Our fax machine hasn't been used for many years so I wouldn't rely on it. I went to the Post Office to fax my requests to both P&O and Princess at a cost of $7. The receipt showed it was received and I was later told that it was, but neither company honoured my request. I now email to P&O and send by snail mail to Princess.

6 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

for future use to save my tearing my hair out  what is the USA fax number?

The Princess number in USA is 661 753 0180 but I would be hesitant to use that if your cruise is on an Australian-based ship. If it is elsewhere in the world, the USA number should work. The Carnival information sheet states

"Australia Brands

P&O Cruises (Australia),

Princess Cruises

Carnival Cruise Line

P&O Box 1429 Chatswood NSW 2057

Tel 61 2 8 326 4000

Fax 61 2 8 326 4550

Why not just post a letter to the Sydney address?

Edited by Aus Traveller

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Princess number in USA is 661 753 0180 but I would be hesitant to use that if your cruise is on an Australian-based ship. If it is elsewhere in the world, the USA number should work. The Carnival information sheet states

"Australia Brands

P&O Cruises (Australia),

Princess Cruises

Carnival Cruise Line

Tel 61 2 8 326 4000

Fax 61 2 8 326 4550

I sent it to Princess Cruises in the USA,  Fax 661 753 0180 using  Fax Zero. This was for two Australian based cruises on Sun Princess. No need for hesitancy. Received the OBC within the hour.😀

Edited by By The Bay

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

If in the middle of the night it is empty it cuts off after 1 and half sheets going through.   I have tried several times and still waiting.

Since you're able to get one page to go through...try writing the required information on your documentation. I've been doing that (in the US) since we bought our stock 25+ cruises ago.

55 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

"Australia Brands

P&O Cruises (Australia),

Princess Cruises

Carnival Cruise Line

Tel 61 2 8 326 4000

Fax 61 2 8 326 4550

Iwas under the impression they had to have original and they do not leave the house   I already have the australias fax I want the US one now for future use

Edited by windsor26

18 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Since you're able to get one page to go through...try writing the required information on your documentation. I've been doing that (in the US) since we bought our stock 25+ cruises ago.

Good Idea Thanks