shareholder credit

yvr49

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think that the shareholder benefit applies to ownership at the time of booking, not date of sailing.  If you think about it now, how could you book your excursions in advance using your shareholder benefit if you have to wait until almost sailing to get it?  I agree with you 100% about Princess being consistently inconsistent.  I wonder if Carnival or Cunard PAX run into the same issues? 

True, it probably is based on booking date and not sailing date.

I had to mail my requests because each time I tried to fax them, it wouldn’t go through.  I had 2 separate requests for the 2 cruises, but mailed them together.  One went through, the other didn’t. Maybe it was an oversight by the person who opened the mail. Hopefully the request I mailed last week for my March cruise will make it through this time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

True, it probably is based on booking date and not sailing date.

I had to mail my requests because each time I tried to fax them, it wouldn’t go through.  I had 2 separate requests for the 2 cruises, but mailed them together.  One went through, the other didn’t. Maybe it was an oversight by the person who opened the mail. Hopefully the request I mailed last week for my March cruise will make it through this time.

Weird. I've never mailed the requests. I used to fax them from work but now I send them via faxzero.com and it is free and works well.

• Like 1

Does have the actual form that needs to be completed?  We leave in 90 days and we would like to get the shareholder credit taken care of.  If someone could attach it to their reply, I will be very grateful.

Bill

48 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

Does have the actual form that needs to be completed?  We leave in 90 days and we would like to get the shareholder credit taken care of.  If someone could attach it to their reply, I will be very grateful.

Bill

No need for a form any more.  Per Carnival: "Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected"

PRINCESS CRUISES*

Booking Support

24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

One of the best tips I ever got from the Cruise Critic Boards was learning about the Carnival/Princess shareholder credit.  Haven't got anywhere near $10,000 but with appreciation, dividends and OBC the shares have pretty much paid for themselves 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

No need for a form any more.  Per Carnival: "Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected"

PRINCESS CRUISES*

Booking Support

24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

Daniel, thank you for this information.  

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks for reminding me.  Sent letter with statement attached (fax using fax service provided by MetroPCS) a few weeks ago and hadn't looked to see if they were applied.  Three cruises for October 2020, January 2021 and April 2021 all show the credit!

On 1/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, yvr49 said:

Our cruise is in late August.  Can we submit our shareholder credit request now, or does it have to be closer to the sailing date?

You can do it now.  We have submitted requests 6-8 months in advance.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, nnps said:

Hi Aus Traveller,

I share your frustration with the inconsistencies of Princess. I have an upcoming cruise in Japan with Princess and was wondering, do you send the shareholder benefits request to the Princess Australian or U.S. office?

I tried calling the Sydney office with the same question but got nowhere.

Send your request for the shareholder's credit, along with a brokerage statement, to the Princess office in Sydney. They will not accept emails so you have to either post to the Customer Service Manager, Princess Cruises, P.O. Box 1429, Chatswood 2057 OR fax to 02 8326 4550. I think Princess must be one of the few entities in the world that still uses faxes!!

BTW, my delay in answering your question was because I was on a cruise.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:18 AM, By The Bay said:

This is what I did. They knocked it back, so I rang them and said that nowhere did it say anything about 3 months. The next day I received this from Princess:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

This policy has been updated as cruises can be booked up 2 years in advance and shares can be sold within this time. As you are a valued Elite member of Princess Cruises, please provide your latest shareholder statement and I will pleased to add this benefits for the cruises you have booked with us for the remainder of this year."

When I send in the request for the benefit for my next Princess cruise, I will include details of the other cruises we have booked. If they apply the OBC, great! If not, I will have to apply again for the later cruises (July and November).

47 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Send your request for the shareholder's credit, along with a brokerage statement, to the Princess office in Sydney. They will not accept emails so you have to either post to the Customer Service Manager, Princess Cruises, P.O. Box 1429, Chatswood 2057 OR fax to 02 8326 4550. I think Princess must be one of the few entities in the world that still uses faxes!!

BTW, my delay in answering your question was because I was on a cruise.

Thanks for getting back to me. Acting on a combination of many bits of information, I ended up faxing a copy to the US office and got credits the next day. Working out the fax was a real nightmare. I have a MFC but we have recently gone on the NBN and never really worried about the landline, we have it apparently but I don't even know the number so didn't think I would get that to work. I ended up using GoFax to send it to the US. It's a bit expensive initially as the cheapest was $15 for 100 credits but most of the other options required monthly subscriptions which I didn't want. I can now send the next 99 requests by fax for free. Here's hoping I get to use them all.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nnps said:

Thanks for getting back to me. Acting on a combination of many bits of information, I ended up faxing a copy to the US office and got credits the next day. Working out the fax was a real nightmare. I have a MFC but we have recently gone on the NBN and never really worried about the landline, we have it apparently but I don't even know the number so didn't think I would get that to work. I ended up using GoFax to send it to the US. It's a bit expensive initially as the cheapest was $15 for 100 credits but most of the other options required monthly subscriptions which I didn't want. I can now send the next 99 requests by fax for free. Here's hoping I get to use them all.

I use Fax Zero which is free when sending from within USA and Canada. Another Aussie posted to fax it to the USA number. No cost. I sent mine off today, so will report back the result.

Edited by By The Bay

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I use Fax Zero which is free when sending from within USA and Canada. Another Aussie posted to fax it to the USA number. No cost. I sent mine off today, so will report back the result.

I just checked my bookings and they have been credited. Less than 3 hours for it to appear. Excellent service.😁

On 1/18/2020 at 11:19 AM, Sarah Jane Smith said:

Hi nnps

I sent the required info for a Japan cruise to Sydney office, on the same fax as info for an Australian cruise. The Shareholder credit was applied for the Australian cruise within a day but the credit for the Japan cruise was not. A fortnight later I faxed Japan cruise info to US. Within a day the credit was applied for the Japan cruise. The Sydney office never responded as to why they did not apply credit for Japan cruise.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

• Like 1

By the bye, due to illness I hadn't cruised in a while and my usual routine was screwed up. I was already on a cruise when I realized I'd forgotten to file for a shareholder's credit. As per advice from customers service I sent a pdf of my latest statement to Princess and the OBC miraculously showed up a couple days later. It can be done.

• Like 1