shareholder credit

yvr49

4 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Iwas under the impression they had to have original and they do not leave the house   I already have the australias fax I want the US one now for future use

Fax 661 753 0180 to Princess Cruises in the USA.

PRINCESS CRUISES*
Booking Support
24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317
Fax 661 753 0180

Edited by By The Bay

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Fax 661 753 0180 to Princess Cruises in the USA.

PRINCESS CRUISES*
Booking Support
24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317
Fax 661 753 0180

Thank you

• Like 1

I send the fax (used to do it from work but now use faxzero) and, if it doesn't show up very quickly, I can call the toll free number to verify they got the fax. They will ask what number was used to send the fax, look it up, and then apply the credit immediately. They will also send an email confirmation if I ask.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

On 1/16/2020 at 7:14 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Like it or not, Princess Australia and P&O Australia require that the brokerage statement be no older than three months. On one occasion when I was speaking to a staff member at P&O regarding my shareholder's benefit, she told me she could apply it to my next cruise, but not the following one. I would have to wait another week before applying for that because it was beyond the three months.

Princess in the USA used to also require applying no sooner than three months before the cruise.

When this was the policy, you could book shore excursions in advance and not have to pay for them until the end of the cruise when OBC could be applied to reduce the cost.

Then Princess decided to be more like their competition and require upfront payment at the time of booking excursions. This meant that OBC could not be used on the cruise to pay for pre-reserved excursions as you had to pay for them in full if you reserved them before the cruise.

After an outcry from Princess passengers, Princess started allowing posted OBC to be used to pay for pre-booked excursions. Soon after that, they allowed stockholder OBC to be awarded before the prior three month requirement. So the current USA policy allows the stockholder OBC to be applied to the cost of pre-booked excursions by the time excursions become available for booking.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, jondfk said:

As others have written, fax or mail it whenever you like after booking.  I've no experience using the credit for specialty dining, but I can tell you that credit can be applied to Shore Excursions bookings (in fact I'm not sure how to PREVENT it from being used).  I booked excursions last week for a cruise in September and all of my shareholder credit was applied towards it leaving me only a very small balance to pay by credit card - perfect!

I've had trouble getting the documents through via fax (that's one busy fax machine) so nowadays I just drop a letter and my statement (redacted of personal information) in the mail.  It sometimes takes up to 2 weeks, but the credit always appears without fail.  I've never once used the official form, just a short cover letter with my name, record locator, ship and embarkation date.  

If ever RCI drops their similar benefit no doubt Carnival will as well.  Meanwhile though this is one of the truly rare shareholder benefits of value.  

Painless.

I would respectfully disagree, as RCI does NOT allow stacking of OBC, and Princess does. They do not follow each other, and are not under the same umbrella.

17 hours ago, windsor26 said:

On 1/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, jondfk said:

If ever RCI drops their similar benefit no doubt Carnival will as well. 

Not likely.  The Shareholder Credit is a marketing tool to generate loyalty to the CCL lines.  A brilliant program, IMO.  Any movement to change or eliminate it would likely spark a mutiny at CCL headquarters as well as among cruisers who are used to it.

18 hours ago, thinfool said:

Not likely.  The Shareholder Credit is a marketing tool to generate loyalty to the CCL lines.  A brilliant program, IMO.  Any movement to change or eliminate it would likely spark a mutiny at CCL headquarters as well as among cruisers who are used to it.

You'd see a LOT of passengers selling off their CCL stock!!  It would plummet .. I agree, I don't think they would eliminate the benefit now.  

I know it does play a part in me going back time and time again.  

8 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Over 500 million shares outstanding, the 100 share crowd dumping their shares will have little effect on the share price.  

It's very difficult to predict how a market will react to the sudden dumping of a stock by a large number of investors, (big or small.)  Having a lot of small investors dumping their stock at the same time can cause large investors to get nervous and join them.  Either way, a responsible board wouldn't want to take the chance of crashing their stock.  (But if I knew what I was doing with finance, I wouldn't be sailing on cruise ships, I be cruising on my yacht instead.)  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, Daniel A said:

I just re read the fine print on this years announcement and I found two items of interest:

They relate on the sheet that the benefit is only good on sailings up until July 31, 2020 (They're never enforced that cutoff date in my experience) but they state it's only applicable to bookings made before February 28, 2020 (also interesting as 2020 is a leap year so there's a Feb 29, 2020)  The point I am making is that they seem more to care if you have the shares at time of booking rather than sailing.

Do you have to already own the shares at the time you make the booking?  I have a cruise booked for a year from now and another one 2 years from now.  If I were to purchase the CCL stock today, can I apply for the OBC for cruises that I've already booked (even though they are 1 and 2 years away)?

31 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Do you have to already own the shares at the time you make the booking?  I have a cruise booked for a year from now and another one 2 years from now.  If I were to purchase the CCL stock today, can I apply for the OBC for cruises that I've already booked (even though they are 1 and 2 years away)?

Yes...you can buy it today and apply it to any future cruises you may have....even ones that may sail later this month.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Yes, you can buy the stock after you have booked the cruise and then apply for the benefit.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 5:09 AM, Daniel A said:

It's very difficult to predict how a market will react to the sudden dumping of a stock by a large number of investors, (big or small.)  Having a lot of small investors dumping their stock at the same time can cause large investors to get nervous and join them.  Either way, a responsible board wouldn't want to take the chance of crashing their stock.  (But if I knew what I was doing with finance, I wouldn't be sailing on cruise ships, I be cruising on my yacht instead.)  :classic_biggrin:

Or large investors see a slight downward blip as a result of the little guy dumping as a buy opportunity and load up with some more shares at a lower price. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, Daniel A said:

13 hours ago, polmcs said:

Or large investors see a slight downward blip as a result of the little guy dumping as a buy opportunity and load up with some more shares at a lower price. 

You may very well be correct.  That's why I started my post saying how difficult it is to positively predict the market reaction.  I still believe it would be extremely irresponsible for a corporate board of directors to take that chance.

21 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

If I were to purchase the CCL stock today, can I apply for the OBC for cruises that I've already booked (even though they are 1 and 2 years away)?

That is a bit iffy, my TA was able to apply to cruises within 6 months, but told me she wasn't allowed to for longer than that.  Some say they have been able to, but mine says she can't.

19 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That is a bit iffy, my TA was able to apply to cruises within 6 months, but told me she wasn't allowed to for longer than that.  Some say they have been able to, but mine says she can't.

This is the first year where I saw that you could apply shareholder credit through your travel agent.  Maybe they have put the restriction on travel agents.  You may want to try faxing the info for the other cruises directly to Princess.  I was able to add credit to a cruise in April 2021 by send info directly to Princess even though I booked the cruise through a TA.

31 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That is a bit iffy, my TA was able to apply to cruises within 6 months, but told me she wasn't allowed to for longer than that.

I don't mind waiting to within 6 months of the cruise to apply.  I just wanted to make sure that it was okay to buy the CCL stock after booking the cruises.

6 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I don't mind waiting to within 6 months of the cruise to apply.  I just wanted to make sure that it was okay to buy the CCL stock after booking the cruises.

I did that the first time I applied for shareholder credit.  Just make sure you send proof of ownership at least 3 weeks before you sail.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Your TA is making up her own rules.

I suggest that you take care of your shareholder request yourself.  No need to add a 3rd party.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, Cruise Raider said:

You'd see a LOT of passengers selling off their CCL stock!!  It would plummet .. I agree, I don't think they would eliminate the benefit now.  

I know it does play a part in me going back time and time again.  

Depends on how many stockholders actually cruise on Carnival Corp. owned lines. I would suspect that the number of cruisers owning CCL stock relative to the total number of CCL stock owners is probably relatively small. Maybe not, though.

Tom