Aft Corner Sky Suite

candydane

The poles look concerning but they are not (or weren't for us, anyhow).  You get used to them fairly quickly and then enjoy the cabin for the balance of the cruise.

At the current nose-bleed pricing for all =X= suites, these are the only Sky Suites we would consider booking.

6 minutes ago, royalcruz said:

I love the corner suites. What negative impact are you afraid the pole will cause? I really don't understand how the pole is intrusive for the short duration of a cruise.

Well, since on some decks one of the poles is literally right next to the bed, it is quite easy to walk into it in the middle of the night until you get used to it (and leave light in the cabin).  Some of our cruises total 30+ days so not sure that is a short duration.

4 minutes ago, royalcruz said:

I love the corner suites. What negative impact are you afraid the pole will cause? I really don't understand how the pole is intrusive for the short duration of a cruise.

We have stayed in these suites a number of times.  The only "pole intrusion" was very minimal, at first sight.  Then it was no more intrusive than a chair or table -- plenty of space to go around it easily.  As mentioned, previously, it is a long walk from the mid-ship elevators -- my excuse to avoid the gym.

We really enjoy these suites.

NRayH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Well, since on some decks one of the poles is literally right next to the bed, it is quite easy to walk into it in the middle of the night until you get used to it (and leave light in the cabin).  Some of our cruises total 30+ days so not sure that is a short duration.

By short duration I meant that you are not moving in.

I love the corner suite. It's bigger than the other S2s (or S1s on Reflection). The post sits close to the furniture, so you naturally go around it. I had it near the couch, as opposed to opposite which is placed near the bed.

We just did a week on Reflection Sky Suite with  pole. My favorite travel MUST is/are tiny battery operated candles from the dollar store...2 for a buck. I placed one of mine right behind  the pole next to my bed and it was not a problem. I sleep so soundly on cruises i didn't want to bump not it, 7 days...no issues, perfect cruise but thought the butler was not worth the extra tips. Would have been just as happy with our good room steward   Sue

18 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Agreed.  But for some people it can be a problem the first night so doesn't matter if they are moving in.

Perhaps you've answered your own question. If you are aware that some people find it to be a problem, only you can judge your own tolerance level.  

The cabin will be snapped up by someone.

we were deck 8 S1 aft corner Silhouette....lovely cabin...pole not an issue after 1st night.... I did bump into it in the dark, but actually laughed out loud in doing so....last thing before going to sleep my thought was 'don't bump into the pole'...LOL.  We had 2 poles, one by the sofa as well as the bed...to me they added interest to the design of the cabin.  We definitely would book this cabin again, however, agree the butler isn't an added incentive.

Edited by oceangoer2

38 minutes ago, sippican said:

Perhaps you've answered your own question. If you are aware that some people find it to be a problem, only you can judge your own tolerance level.  

The cabin will be snapped up by someone.

I'm not questioning booking it.  We've already sailed in an Aft S1.  Just mentioning that there are people (you included) who can have an issue with it the first night (or, for some, later).

• Like 1

Add me to the chorus of those who love these suites, and wouldn't hesitate to book one again. I sort of wish the pole weren't there, although we have never bumped into it and didn't find it a problem. But the other attributes ---- fantastic aft balcony, bigger room, more light with the porthole ---- more than make up for it. If you get a chance to book one, grab it!

17 hours ago, candydane said:

Thanks everyone for your comments.  Sounds like the cabin will be worth the chance.  Especially like the suggestion for a small light to keep from running into it in the middle of the night.

We just use the light on our mobile phones.