Advice on booking specialty restaurants...

Sun Queen II

2 hours ago, kitty9 said:

On Riviera last month, all the specialties opened at 6.  But it was explained to us that because it was a 7 day cruise, and a vast majority of the passengers were first timers, the specialties had to find seating for a lot more than they usually do.  Despite the fact that we were in a Vista, not even our butler could secure reservations for us. 

Yikes!

Thanks for all of the advice folks.  We managed to book all of our restaurants at 12:05 a.m. this morning.  We had many options for tables for 2 in all restaurants.  Most were available at 8:00, 8:30 or 9:00 p.m., some as early as 6:30 or 7:00 p.m.

Does anyone know what time the shows normally start - there is no news anywhere about what evening have events/shows.  I know about the tea at 4:00 p.m., and the two for one in the bars, but otherwise, not much more about entertainment.

• Like 1

The shows are usually at 9:30.  Our favorite dining time in the specialties is 7:30 but it looks like those were all gone when you got there.  I'd say that an 8:00 might be best if you want to see a show.  Let them know that you want to do that -- they WILL try to accommodate you.

Mura

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

Thanks for all of the advice folks.  We managed to book all of our restaurants at 12:05 a.m. this morning.  We had many options for tables for 2 in all restaurants.  Most were available at 8:00, 8:30 or 9:00 p.m., some as early as 6:30 or 7:00 p.m.

Does anyone know what time the shows normally start - there is no news anywhere about what evening have events/shows.  I know about the tea at 4:00 p.m., and the two for one in the bars, but otherwise, not much more about entertainment.

Here's a couple of typical "Currents" newsletters: 

IMG_1993.thumb.JPG.22da28ae7add74ff01c8a350b742f05e.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

On 1/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, Classiccruiser777 said:

Your reservations will be available to be be booked at midnight Miami time.

Classiccruiser, this was such a help.  We were able to book our reservation just as the process opened and get exactly what we wanted.  Thanks so much for the tip.  Would have waited until the next morning and might have missed getting what we were hoping for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Glad you were able to book without any issues.

We will be in the same situation in a couple weeks in booking our specialty restaurants for our Sirena cruise in a Concierge cabin. We will be happy if we can get tables for 2, hopefully 8:00 PM or earlier. We can book each of the 2 restaurants twice since it is a 10 day cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bbqoug said:

Glad you were able to book without any issues.

We will be in the same situation in a couple weeks in booking our specialty restaurants for our Sirena cruise in a Concierge cabin. We will be happy if we can get tables for 2, hopefully 8:00 PM or earlier. We can book each of the 2 restaurants twice since it is a 10 day cruise.

And being in Utah should help you. We're in PST so got three hours ahead of some 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, clo said:

And being in Utah should help you. We're in PST so got three hours ahead of some 🙂

Clo. It's not really a 3 hour jump ahead of Eastern time zones. It just seems that way. Folks on EST get access at the same moment.  It's just that when easterners get on at 12:01, it's 9:01 your time so you're not too sleepy to navigate the site.😴

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Clo. It's not really a 3 hour jump ahead of other time zones. It just seems that way. Folks on EST get access at the same moment.  It's just that when easterners get on at 12:01, it's 9:01 your time so you're not too sleepy to navigate the site.😴

I've tried explaining this many times. The only advantage is they don't have to stay up late as you said. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Clo. It's not really a 3 hour jump ahead of Eastern time zones. It just seems that way. Folks on EST get access at the same moment.  It's just that when easterners get on at 12:01, it's 9:01 your time so you're not too sleepy to navigate the site.😴

LOL! Had just started my coffee!!! I knew that. But, being the non-night-owl that I am I'm not sure I'd ever stay up. I'd have to set my alarm.

• Haha 1