Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

5 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

Rant over lol. Just always bothers me, I have as much right to be there as you guys. 

Some people can't mind their own business. It isn't my job to police who is in the room. Someone else is being paid to concern themselves with such things.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frank808 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

Why not? Sitting in aruba at Lucy's bar and grill eating a burger with Serenade across the water.  Got in at 430pm and wanted to get a flame grilled burger.  After 15 nights on Serenade, eating burgers in windjammer, I was craving a burger cooked with a flame!

I know the feeling.

Wash it down with a Scorpion shot! I've never tried it (too cheap) but those that did, said it's no big deal.

Apparently, Scorpion tasted like rubbery calamari.

4 minutes ago, frank808 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

Why not? Sitting in aruba at Lucy's bar and grill eating a burger with Serenade across the water.  Got in at 430pm and wanted to get a flame grilled burger.  After 15 nights on Serenade, eating burgers in windjammer, I was craving a burger cooked with a flame!

I don't know how the font looks on what you are using but on my phone it was just too difficult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

This is why I don't go to the diamond lounge anymore.

Who cares what people think?  Go to the lounge.  

I shop bargain fares like many top elite do.  I don't cruise in summer peak because the same cruise weeks earlier is thousands less.  

How I earned my points and how you earned your points is no one's business.  You've earned it, go.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Who cares what people think?  Go to the lounge.  

I shop bargain fares like many top elite do.  I don't cruise in summer peak because the same cruise weeks earlier is thousands less.  

How I earned my points and how you earned your points is no one's business.  You've earned it, go.  

Right?? Its just tiresome, I guess. I've stopped conversation anyways, now I just say "I paid for it" in a deadpan way when people ask how i get to diamond so young and it seems to shut further questions down. I just want to eat my mozzarella sticks in peace lol

Edited by jsg612
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jsg612 said:

Right?? Its just tiresome, I guess. I've stopped conversation anyways, now I just say "I paid for it" when people ask how i get to diamond so young and it seems to shut them down. I just want to eat my mozzarella sticks in peace lol

Make something up.  "It's my first cruise and somehow my card says Diamond, what else do I get?"  🤣

Tell them you got upgraded to a suite for being Diamond and it's the 3rd time.

When I was Diamond on Delta airlines (highest level) they gave us metal frequent flyer tags.  Instead I put some old silver level tags on my laptop bag (lowest level).  Drove them nuts when I was upgraded and some other Diamond or Platinum missed the upgrade. 

Have fun with it.  Laugh at it.  Turn it around on them.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I know the feeling.

Wash it down with a Scorpion shot! I've never tried it (too cheap) but those that did, said it's no big deal.

Apparently, Scorpion tasted like rubbery calamari.

Glad I didn't get it then.  Didn't want to drink as I did happy hour on ship till we got off at 7pm.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

There is Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.  There is no such level as D++.  Cruise lines have 4, 5 or 6 levels.  Why should Royal add a 7th level?   All cruise lines have a large gap between the second highest level and the highest level.

It seems like some people are so focused on status and not the benefits.  In reality 350 and 525 do receive additional benefits so who cares if they don't have fancy marketing names assigned to them to show to your friends?  Call it "Purple," with the same benefits.  Feel better?  Nothing has changed.

No one has purchased CAS.  You purchased a cruise like the folks in the cabin next door who have never cruised before.  It's a free loyalty program, nothing more.  They "owe" you nothing but are quite generous in what they do provide especially starting at Diamond and above. 

It's a free loyalty program, not an entitlement.  

Well said...thanks for posting. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Yenom said:

************** BELATED NOTICE ******************

I'm thinking that I should have posted this notice a long time ago. A notice that I'm finally graduating to D+ after my upcoming B2B. Why you ask? Because they booted regular Diamonds out of the CL's right before the cruise that I became Diamond. Sorry to all the D+ members out there. If I ever get close to becoming a Pinnacle, I'll try posting sooner and delay my promotion to Pinnacle status as long as possible. The only way that I ever have and probably ever will see the inside of any of the CL's is when I book a suite. I like the CL as a suite perk, but it usually isn't worth the money to upgrade to a suite. 

Respectfully posted with a little jest.

P.S. - Am I missing something? What is so special about the CL? Is it something about the actual space or the free drinks and food? Whenever I see a thread similar to this, I start getting a serious case of FOMO.

Bummer that I can't read this on my phone. 

I thought everyone abandoned this ridiculous font

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

It is a point of reference. Nothing more, nothing less. Truth be known, Royal created it by adding benefits at the reference level coined D++.

Easy fix, defer those added benefits until you hit a real tier. 

Maybe we need Pinnacle+

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

Adding you to ignore... seems you want to play games like the other guy. I have been on here (including when it was an AOL chatroom) for 20  years...only had 2 on ignore...after this weekend it is up to 4. Oh well....anyways this is my last post in this thread. Good luck to all...hopefully Royal will take into consideration some of the key points discussed in this thread. 

I am sure you are on many peoples ignore list!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

Right?? Its just tiresome, I guess. I've stopped conversation anyways, now I just say "I paid for it" in a deadpan way when people ask how i get to diamond so young and it seems to shut further questions down. I just want to eat my mozzarella sticks in peace lol

Slightly unrelated to the topic at hand, go figure, but how often do you find marinara available with those fried cheese sticks?  I rarely do, just don't understand. 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Slightly unrelated to the topic at hand, go figure, but how often do you find marinara available with those fried cheese sticks?  I rarely do, just don't understand. 

I don't think i've ever seen marinara with them! Have I been missing out on some next level deliciousness this whole time?!!??!

• Haha 1

Based on the points to ascend from D to D+ that would be ~1500.  Sounds about right.  I like it.  

So you are figuring on just over double the original points to earn Pinnacle.  Interesting,  something to strive for. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

Just ignore them and do your thing.  You earned your status and no one needs to know how you got there.  It is the same in this forum.  Just because some like to constantly tell us how many cruises they have been on, what their status is and this is how it is because they say so, doesn't mean we can't have our own opinions.  I know how many cruises I have taken, I know what my status is and I know what I have experienced.  What I decide to share is up to me and I don't need to prove anything to anyone.  We have met many in the diamond lounges, concierge lounges and suite lounges, some we hope to cruise with in the future, some we hope we don't.  If the lounges continue to be overcrowded and not relaxing, we will use our coupons elsewhere.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

I don't think i've ever seen marinara with them! Have I been missing out on some next level deliciousness this whole time?!!??!

Must be an American thing.

FWIW, that's how they serve them on Coco Cay. Delicious 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

So you are figuring on just over double the original points to earn Pinnacle.  Interesting,  something to strive for. 

Yeah, and it creates that awkward double PIN but not quite P+ gap between 1400 and 1500.

• Like 3

Yeah, and it creates that awkward double PIN but not quite P+ gap between 1400 and 1500.

7000 should be Summit level

We'll never make it to Base Camp

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just ignore them and do your thing.  You earned your status and no one needs to know how you got there.  It is the same in this forum.  Just because some like to constantly tell us how many cruises they have been on, what their status is and this is how it is because they say so, doesn't mean we can't have our own opinions.  I know how many cruises I have taken, I know what my status is and I know what I have experienced.  What I decide to share is up to me and I don't need to prove anything to anyone.  We have met many in the diamond lounges, concierge lounges and suite lounges, some we hope to cruise with in the future, some we hope we don't.  If the lounges continue to be overcrowded and not relaxing, we will use our coupons elsewhere.  

Precisely my thoughts. Everyone in DL just wants to talk about how many cruises theyve been on and nothing else it seems.

We are on Voyager in 29 days and planning on nipping in to the DL for the canapés and then heading elsewhere for our drinks. Schooner bar is always lovely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsg612 said:

Precisely my thoughts. Everyone in DL just wants to talk about how many cruises theyve been on and nothing else it seems.

We are on Voyager in 29 days and planning on nipping in to the DL for the canapés and then heading elsewhere for our drinks. Schooner bar is always lovely. 

Some ships aren't allowing you to take food out now