Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It sounds like we have prosciutto, strawberry, and cheese hogs. These same people would be the first to complain about chair hogs. Lol

In my opinion. 

Makes you wonder why some of us would even want to step foot in one of these lounges during happy hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DoctorRN said:

Bobal. Are you still on Jewel? Did they continue with suite lounge today? 

Many thanks

I was only on for one week. I have a friend onboard now and was waiting to see what she said. Apparently no CL lounge again this week for D+. I suspect this is how it's going to be ongoing until at least Europe as the Concierge told me they will have high numbers all the way through, although those numbers have significantly decreased over time since Christmas.

I do think this is all part of a larger plan going forward though and just wish RC would come clean and be honest about it instead of pretending it's all about high numbers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Makes you wonder why some of us would even want to step foot in one of these lounges during happy hour.

I go in to check if they have Swiss cheese available. I like Swiss cheese. I wanted to make sure folks know I like Swiss cheese and maybe they'll leave me some. 🙂 

Edited by TYMAN
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Diamond doors is a shift we have, usually when theres an overflow and there's someone at the door physically checking cards to allow people in. 

Usually done by cruise, sports and youth staff and some supervisors. 

It's a hoot. 

Ok thanks.  Got it.  Sometimes  I have seen people giving those people hell.  Dont understand that, you are D or above and have access or do not.  What is there to argue with the door checker about?

2 minutes ago, xteacher said:

I have a friend on board Grandeur now and he said in the diamond lounge they stop you from taking your drink to dinner. Service is slow and CL has a lot of empty seats.

On the Harmony this past November, they had us pour our drinks into plastic cups before leaving. Even cheap wine deserves better than plastic cups.....I brought my own glass after the first night. 

I just remembered....I can order a plate of Swiss through the Concierge. Ha!

IMG_1820.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It sounds like we have prosciutto, strawberry, and cheese hogs. These same people would be the first to complain about chair hogs. Lol

In my opinion. 

Chair hogs at the pool or solarium or just the DL

34 minutes ago, xteacher said:

I have a friend on board Grandeur now and he said in the diamond lounge they stop you from taking your drink to dinner. Service is slow and CL has a lot of empty seats.

You know, if people would just buy the drink package or pay as you go, this wouldn’t be a problem. We buy the package. It’s a vacation and we just want to enjoy. 

This thread has been very entertaining as well as educational, I didn’t know we could refer to ourselves as D++, although I really think we are probably D+++😂😂
The only CL I will miss is the one on Serenade, it was so nice to be able to take a drink outside and escape all the noise inside.

I actually like what Celebrity has done for Elites. You can either go to the Captain’s Club for the two hours of cocktails or you can get unlimited drinks from the CC menu at most bars  during the same period. 

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

This thread has been very entertaining as well as educational, I didn’t know we could refer to ourselves as D++, although I really think we are probably D+++😂😂
The only CL I will miss is the one on Serenade, it was so nice to be able to take a drink outside and escape all the noise inside.

I actually like what Celebrity has done for Elites. You can either go to the Captain’s Club for the two hours of cocktails or you can get unlimited drinks from the CC menu at most bars  during the same period. 

Sherri🙂

It's not either or. The Captains Club HH for elite and elite +  works just like the C&A HH. You can go to the Sky Lounge for awhile for drinks and also go to one of the other bars/lounges during the CC HH that is from 5 To 7:00 PM to have drinks. Only difference is the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass cards are unlimited for the two hours. Unlike RC you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

It's not either or. The Captains Club HH  works just like the C&A HH. You can go to the Sky Lounge for awhile for drinks and also go to one of the other bars/lounges during the CC HH that is from 5 To 7:00 PM to have drinks. Only difference is the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass cards are unlimited for the two hours. Unlike RC you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues.

Sorry, I guess I wrote that wrong as I realize it is possible to do both.🙄. My point was that Celebrity has made it easier for Elites to go to a bar or the CC or both.  If Royal would do this, it might alleviate some of the crowding.  We would probably not bother with the DL. And you are right, you can’t order CC drinks in  dining venues but you can carry a drink in from one of the bars.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

37 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Do you have a copy of the CC menu

38 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

You can call it what you want but on here its only 1 posters fantasy