LAX-San Pedro Transfer Questions

Italy52

We will be taking the Princess transfer from LAX to the Princess San Pedro terminal.  I know we will meet our Princess agent at the baggage terminal in LAX to turn over our Princess tagged luggage.  Here are my questions:  About what time will we leave LAX for the cruise terminal --- our flight gets us into LAX at 8:35 AM.  And, will luggage automatically be transferred to the ship or will we have to claim it when we get off the bus and hand it over to the porters?  Thanks.

I have never had to move luggage from the bus to the porter on any Princess transfer we have done. I think the luggage sometimes is even carried to the port via a separate vehicle.

As for time, I imagine there will be someone at baggage claim to meet you and advice where to go and turn in your bags. At that point it might be the amount of time to fill the bus and send it on its way.

7 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

As for time, I imagine there will be someone at baggage claim to meet you and advice where to go and turn in your bags. At that point it might be the amount of time to fill the bus and send it on its way.

We were recently at an airport (FLL, not LAX) and saw the Princess person standing at the baggage area with a sign.

They usually don’t leave until the coach is full. By the time you land and get to baggage claim there should be enough people. Once you give them your luggage they should send it on to your cabin. 
This depends on if they have a truck to load all the luggage or put it under the bus. 
At LAX they usually have a large van truck and load all the luggage on that. You don’t see it until onboard.

In NY they made everyone get their luggage from under the bus once at the pier and take it to the porters. 

Not sure whether things have changed, but several years ago, in Port Everglades, we needed to identify our luggage, which had been brought to port from the hotel (Intercontinental at Doral, Miami )  Princess was using at the time, before handing our luggage over to porters. (who eagerly awaited their tip !!!!)

For those flying into LAX to go to San Pedro be advised that LAX has changed their pickup policies as of November 1, 2019.  All ride share including taxi have to pickup at a separate lot just off the terminals.  They are no longer allowed to pick up at the terminals.  A bus circulates the terminals picking up people to take them to the pickup lot.  The congestion at the pickup lot is horrible with some waiting hours to find their rides.  I did see cruise buses at the various gates to pickup cruise pax that had arranged a transfer with the cruise line.  

All comments are correct. In November at LAX, my plane arrived at 8:15AM (Southwest terminal 1) and I was on the bus to San Pedro at 9:30AM. I think that was the first bus. The bus goes all around LAX to all terminals and then to San Pedro. We arrived there about 10:30AM. This was a Saturday and I suspect we had less traffic.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

All comments are correct. In November at LAX, my plane arrived at 8:15AM (Southwest terminal 1) and I was on the bus to San Pedro at 9:30AM. I think that was the first bus. The bus goes all around LAX to all terminals and then to San Pedro. We arrived there about 10:30AM. This was a Saturday and I suspect we had less traffic.

Thanks for the helpful information, I appreciate it.  We will be arriving on Saturday and looking forward to less traffic on our way to the terminal.

29 minutes ago, candydane said:

How much is the Princess transfer?

I think it was either $29 or $39 per person one way.  My TA lumped all the pricing together so I can't remember the exact breakout cost.  If you are using a TA he/she can find out for you.  If not using a TA, you can call Princess direct and ask about the cost.