Trying To Put Cruise On 24 Hr Courtesy Hold

alwaysonaship

It may be a glitch like the difficulty of selecting NRD or RD With the current promotion.

If you do a mock booking and after selecting the room click the Celebrity Logo as though you are going to go back to the main menu.    You will briefly see the screen to put on hold and then it jumps to a continue booking screen or exit. 

If you call Captain's Club (New Booking) or an Agent they can put it on 24 hour hold for you.

We have not cruised on Celebrity for 2 years....long story short.......however I love the suite restaurant and saw the Eclipse in Alaska and thought we would try once more. Personally that is the best restaurant at sea IMHO.We were on Crystal and literally left the ship in Cabo. The food was terrible and I will keep it at that....In 55 cruises we have never left a ship. 

It is definitely hidden. I couldn't find it when I wanted to put a cabin on hold about two months ago. I finally just clicked the button to have an online chat and the agent showed me how to do it. Just click the button to leave the booking and up it pops!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alwaysonaship said:

Last question.....do they still have the front observation lounge on the Eclipse or has it been removed?

The Sky Lounge will remain on all of the M-Class and S-Class ships.    There were plans to build a Reflection Suite and some Signature Suites like Reflection but don't believe they have followed through.   Regardless the hallway and suites only consume about 20% of the Sky Lounge.

This is Reflection and what they originally planned for the other S-Class ships.

image.png.9a881e6b18879900afb3bdeceddd3090.png

image.png.fdd932522978937de01f0fba2c2d4e65.png

2 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

So they did that like the Reflection..........Thanks I have not been following it at all.

No..   Reflection was built that way from day 1.    Initial plans were to put them on both the S-Class and M-Class ships but it appears they dropped the idea.   At least I haven't seen it on any of the revolutionized ships.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It may be a glitch like the difficulty of selecting NRD or RD With the current promotion.

If you do a mock booking and after selecting the room click the Celebrity Logo as though you are going to go back to the main menu.    You will briefly see the screen to put on hold and then it jumps to a continue booking screen or exit. 

If you call Captain's Club (New Booking) or an Agent they can put it on 24 hour hold for you.

How do you pick RD or NRD? I check the same cruise several times on the same day and only NRD is offered. I check it again and I have a choice

5 minutes ago, sasset said:

How do you pick RD or NRD? I check the same cruise several times on the same day and only NRD is offered. I check it again and I have a choice

Per an earlier post==

After you select a stateroom for you see the line of options above the perks? I have had this happen and my experience is that there is a blue hyperlink labeled “your offer” which is one step back but sometimes doesn’t appear as a separate window in the section process. If you see that link it should take you to a screen where you can see the RD and NRD offers.

They messed it up with the current promotion.

Edited by Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, tyr00000ne said:

Just get to the end of booking, then click on the celebrity logo on the top left of the page. It will ask if you want a courtesy hold or if you want to exit the page. I think they hide this option so people don't abuse it.

tyr0000ne - many thanks for this tip....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

can i put a room on old then xfer it to a TA during the hold period. thinking of a case where TA isnt open to do it for me

Yes. I've done exactly that several times.  Then I call the TA and release the hold while I'm on the phone and the TA grabs the cabin as soon as it pops back into the system.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

can i put a room on old then xfer it to a TA during the hold period. thinking of a case where TA isnt open to do it for me

This also works for other travel websites. I booked on Expedia because of extra cash back and on-board credit. As soon as I cancelled the courtesy hold that cabin popped up on Expedia and I was able to complete the booking.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Per an earlier post==

After you select a stateroom for you see the line of options above the perks? I have had this happen and my experience is that there is a blue hyperlink labeled “your offer” which is one step back but sometimes doesn’t appear as a separate window in the section process. If you see that link it should take you to a screen where you can see the RD and NRD offers.

They messed it up with the current promotion.

When I select the cabin it takes me directly to "review and pay" and I don't see a tab for "Your Offer".  Any other suggestions?image.thumb.png.2108da413bb066ff4a23f093f936d7f6.png

They make it hard to find.

Go to the next screen to make payment - and go to the screen where you put in passenger name -   Then click the Celebrity Logo and you will get a pop up before leaving the page.

image.thumb.png.dd681327fb3d58219540b53b40e6c79f.png

image.png.698b324d58b8011178a41f217e7c1301.png

image.png

On 1/26/2020 at 9:35 PM, Luvcrusn said:

Yes. I've done exactly that several times.  Then I call the TA and release the hold while I'm on the phone and the TA grabs the cabin as soon as it pops back into the system.

Have you found a way to cancel the hold online?  I haven't seen a way to do that in the last couple of years.

46 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you found a way to cancel the hold online?  I haven't seen a way to do that in the last couple of years.

No. Iused to be ableto but recently I've had to call or live chat to cancel it.