Price difference- same cruise

Lolou127

I’ve been looking into an Alaskan cruise for 2021, I’m in the U.K. but thought I’d enquire with a couple of USA TA’s, the difference in price is enormous (IMO) for a SS2 one is quoting me $1800 more, in fact their pricing is similar to the X U.K. site, the lower one is (I think) a well known TA, now I’m suspicious about why there would be such a huge difference, the perks are the same and both say they include Govt taxes, am I missing something?

Have you been able to check the prices directly on the U.S. site?   I've never seen an agent charge more than the published prices, but many give up part of their commission as an OBC.    In addition some of the larger agencies have block bookings and offer a "Group Rate" which may be lower than Celebrity's published rate.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have you been able to check the prices directly on the U.S. site?   I've never seen an agent charge more than the published prices, but many give up part of their commission as an OBC.    In addition some of the larger agencies have block bookings and offer a "Group Rate" which may be lower than Celebrity's published rate.

No, I can get onto the us site but it still prices in £ not $ 

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you post a date, ship and room classification I will look it up for you. 

Thank you Jim, it’s Alaska, round trip from Vancouver, 22nd August 2021 on the eclipse, 2 adults in an SS2 suite 

I'm pricing that out at $7,185. I personally do use an online TA for celebrity and they consistently outprice celebrity. They are claiming in the words of their add that you can get this priced out to $4707. But I'm not completely confident that that rate would include perks. They are advertising that you can still get the perks; but celebrity is also allowing you to get a perkless rate around $5500

It is possible to get US prices in USD from the UK (or indeed prices for any other location).

After doing a search and getting the price in GBP, scroll down to the very bottom of the screen. Just above where it says Azamara, it says United Kingdom. This is a drop down menu, from which it is possible to select any country. You can then do a new search to get USA (or anywhere else) based prices.

2 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

No, I can get onto the us site but it still prices in £ not $ 

If you are on the US website, you will get your pricing in USD.

Go to the bottom of the home screen where you will see UNITED KINGDOM and a small inverted triangle.  

1586019930_ScreenShot2020-01-27at2_53_43PM.thumb.png.bbe949cebbddf51ee37f14ed785731ed.png

Click on the triangle and a drop down box will open giving you a choice of countries. The UK will be pre-selected. Click on the UNITED STATES to switch sites. Now any searches will give you pricing in USD. Don't forget to switch back to the UK site when you've finished.

529829898_ScreenShot2020-01-27at2_54_13PM.thumb.png.87464d58e8db2c32a2e597a261f77efc.png

Thanks everyone, the online TA are quoting $4825,  their advert says it includes 4 perks but their email and quote do not specify this!  I will go back and clarify, I’m so glad I asked on here, I may not have noticed this if I hadn’t, if it does include the 4 perks it’s a great price isn’t it? 

10 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Thanks everyone, the online TA are quoting $4825,  their advert says it includes 4 perks but their email and quote do not specify this!  I will go back and clarify, I’m so glad I asked on here, I may not have noticed this if I hadn’t, if it does include the 4 perks it’s a great price isn’t it? 

If that is for two people and the perks are included then yes, that's a very good price for an S2. We are on a Solstice Alaska sailing this May and I haven't seen S2 prices below $3200pp ($6400 total).

ETA: I just checked the Celebrity site and Sky Suites are indeed starting around $2200 per person with perks included (so just under $5000 with tax/fees) - this is MUCH cheaper than I have seen suites on most ships lately. This is the non-refundable fare, though - the refundable fare is about $700 per person more.

Edited by Alsmez
  • Like 2

Suite prices can be pretty attractive right now as this week the Double Savings is giving an extra $500 pp discount.  Of course the resulting price is dependent on how crazy the "base" price is!  This promo I believe ends tomorrow and I don't think will be back anytime soon.

Hello again everyone, the difference was indeed because the lower price was a non refundable deposit, so $1800 approx difference, $500 non refundable deposit and $150 obc from one of the TA’s

i have now been able to get onto the USA X site, and the rates are almost the same, so as I’m based in the U.K. could I book direct on the USA site? Also if we booked an Aqua class stateroom now and decided to change to a sky suite later would the cost be what it is now or what it is when we change?

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

Also if we booked an Aqua class stateroom now and decided to change to a sky suite later would the cost be what it is now or what it is when we change?

you would pay the difference between what you actually paid for the Aqua cabin and the price of the Suite at the time you make the change.